Bob Hafler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Glock View Post
Yes, yes I am!
Now that is funny.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14   #102
bac1023

This thread is actual quit entertaining.

I'd say Mongo has quite a bit to learn...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34   #103
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
I thought is was the Remington Nylon 66- that came out in the very late 50's.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I was referring to handguns. ( I see somehow I dropped the "For handguns" when I submitted) I have a '59 nylon. and I think you will also find that Winchester made a shotgun in the 50s that had a fiberglass barrel sleeved with steel.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42   #104
checkyoursix

To the OP: you are either trolling, or really should read up a bit. In case you won't read, an image might put things into perspective for you.

General Firearms Forum

Bertrand Russell
checkyoursix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42   #105
SpringerTGO

I've heard people say that there is no such thing as a stupid question, but the title of this thread might be an exception.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:55   #106
checkyoursix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I've heard people say that there is no such thing as a stupid question, but the title of this thread might be an exception.
I always found that statement condescending. There are stupid questions (in this case in the sense of total lack of due diligence), and this was definitively one.

Bertrand Russell
checkyoursix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:06   #107
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
This thread is actual quit entertaining.

I'd say Mongo has quite a bit to learn...
Mongo is either uneducated on the design accomplishments of JMB or he is not smart enough to understand it. The fact that Browning made the things he did with the technology of 100 years or more ago is amazing.
Old 02-08-2013, 13:09   #108
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursix View Post
To the OP: you are either trolling, or really should read up a bit. In case you won't read, an image might put things into perspective for you.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursix View Post
I always found that statement condescending. There are stupid questions (in this case in the sense of total lack of due diligence), and this was definitively one.
I dont believe the OP to be a troll or stupid. I believe he was asking this question on a glock forum and 1911 forum to see what the difference in answer would be. If you had the same answer on both that could be quite telling. If you had the answer of glock on the glock board and JMB on the 1911 board that would point a lot more to Kool Aid.

Last edited by ilgunguygt; 02-08-2013 at 13:10..
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:31   #109
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Mongo is either uneducated on the design accomplishments of JMB or he is not smart enough to understand it. The fact that Browning made the things he did with the technology of 100 years or more ago is amazing.
Very true

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-08-2013, 13:41   #110
countrygun

Quote:
I'm with the other poster on this. That old saying needs to be S***canned. It underestimates the power of human stupidity.
Old 02-08-2013, 14:23   #111
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I was referring to handguns. ( I see somehow I dropped the "For handguns" when I submitted) I have a '59 nylon. and I think you will also find that Winchester made a shotgun in the 50s that had a fiberglass barrel sleeved with steel.
Ahh got ya. Interesting, I wasn't aware of either of those, thanks Gun!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 14:57   #112
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I like the South Park version:
General Firearms Forum

Last edited by Bren; 02-08-2013 at 14:57..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:35   #113
mongo356

Call me whatever names make you feel better inside.

Last edited by mongo356; 03-18-2013 at 20:11..
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:45   #114
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
I just chalk it up to total and utter ignorance, actually.

Some people just can't be taught. Some people are just not worth teaching...

Old 02-08-2013, 17:39   #115
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
Refer to having your ignorance challenged as "Calling you names" if it makes you feel better.
Old 02-08-2013, 18:10   #116
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Glock View Post
Yes, yes I am!

Old 02-08-2013, 19:12   #117
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Refer to having your ignorance challenged as "Calling you names" if it makes you feel better.
At this point it's willful ignorance, which is waaaayyy worse.

One needn't be a card carrying 1911 fanatic to realize, without thinking much, that Glock is nowhere near Browning's level as far as gun design is concerned. I actually prefer a Glock to a 1911, but really now.

Glock invented a pretty good service pistol that's been very popular over the last few decades. Browning provided the groundwork for damn near everything firearms related, save revolvers and bolt action rifles, that's come out in the last 125 years or so. Like someone already said, without Browning, there is no Glock.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:27   #118
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by method View Post

One needn't be a card carrying 1911 fanatic to realize, without thinking much, that Glock is nowhere near Browning's level as far as gun design is concerned. I actually prefer a Glock to a 1911, but really now.

Glock invented a pretty good service pistol that's been very popular over the last few decades. Browning provided the groundwork for damn near everything firearms related, save revolvers and bolt action rifles, that's come out in the last 125 years or so. Like someone already said, without Browning, there is no Glock.
Very good post

Old 02-08-2013, 19:31   #119
ticshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
I dont believe the OP to be a troll or stupid. I believe he was asking this question on a glock forum and 1911 forum to see what the difference in answer would be. If you had the same answer on both that could be quite telling. If you had the answer of glock on the glock board and JMB on the 1911 board that would point a lot more to Kool Aid.
You couldn't be more correct!! I asked the same question on both forums because I thought it would be interesting to see if I would get the same answer... Like someone said, this has been an entertaining post...

Last edited by ticshooter; 02-08-2013 at 19:33..
ticshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:52   #120
mongo356

Quote:
Originally Posted by method View Post

I don't see this.

Glock designed a reliable, easy peasy firearm, bubbits or design team aside Glock has his name on the gun. Is Glock the greatest no, but he's probably copied as much as Browning. Is there any company left that's not trying to make a Glock like polymer/striker style gun?

Browning designed the locking system, ok that’s great. So did every bow Fred Bear make, was that a copy from the Native Indians after all they made one first?

China came up with gunpowder, so is every gun that uses gun powder a Chinese copy? Maybe the guy that first used a lead bullet everyone copies that too......

Browning’s designs were good. They were also specialized and somewhat difficult, they kept gun smiths in work for a lot of years. You could possibly rob parts from another gun and maybe it would work, maybe it would take some craftsmanship to fit the part to make it work reliably.

I tried to give Browning his due so some of you folks wouldn't get upset, apparently I gotta drink the entire Browning salmon juice and nothing else. Can we just agree to disagree?

I think I wrote several posts back that I don't know every Browning design like the back of my hand like some of you, but from some replies apparently you are not that familiar with the Glock design as well.
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote