SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:58   #26
tslex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
I view the mistake of fact shootings in the case much like the Martin/Zimmerman case.

When the evidence is presented to me in a choherent and unemotional manner I will be better able to make a determination as to what charges, if any should be filed.

It is much like me showing up to a fender bender where both drivers are screaming at each other and me. Can I really conduct a good investigation at that point?
Fair enough. Interesting connection to make to the Zimmerman matter.
tslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:02   #27
Glocker Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Time of day?

Lighting conditions?

Did the officers know at the time what make/model of truck they were looking for?

Any signs of erratic driving?

Failure to obey commands to stop?

Do dangerous suspects change vehicles to escape detection?

Do dangerous suspects change plates to escape detection?

Do dangerous suspects enlist family members or friends to assist them in criminal enterprises?

I could go on with a series of questionsI would be asking the officers and witnesses.

IIRC you are an attorney.

What does Graham vs. Connor say?
And combine that with two more shootings in the hours before, one while the Suspect was enroute to another target and got stopped enroute to.

Some reports say they drove around a roadblock against police instructions. Lights off. Given the totality of the facts and situation, I would hold back till all the facts can be presented.
Glocker Rob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:41   #28
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker Rob View Post
And combine that with two more shootings in the hours before, one while the Suspect was enroute to another target and got stopped enroute to.

Some reports say they drove around a roadblock against police instructions. Lights off. Given the totality of the facts and situation, I would hold back till all the facts can be presented.
They've lawyered up... Attorney Glen Jonas said...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:53   #29
Glocker Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
To be honest, I would have too. Very likely the City Attorney will just cut a check and be done with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 13:57   #30
tslex

CaCop

As the Graham factors go, evidently driving anything vaguely ressembling a pickup is going to figure high in the argument. Officers also fired on a Honda "pickup" in Redondo Beach.

Objectively reasonable uses of force? I dunno. Like I said, I wouldn't drive a pickup out there now.

See photo No. 40 here:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...6.photogallery

Last edited by tslex; 02-08-2013 at 14:03..
Old 02-08-2013, 14:06   #31
tslex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker Rob View Post

And the lawyer, in the story linked above, says LEOs guarding the home of some brass fired without any commands to the driver first. So We'll have to see.

Good time to be driving a Mini Cooper convertible, I'd say.
Old 02-08-2013, 14:14   #32
Glocker Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslex View Post
And the lawyer, in the story linked above, says LEOs guarding the home of some brass fired without any commands to the driver first. So We'll have to see.

Good time to be driving a Mini Cooper convertible, I'd say.
100% right, we will have to wait for the process to work itself out. Except he burned his truck so he could be driving anything now.
Old 02-08-2013, 15:23   #33
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
That was the women's attorney. In this state I can't think of a single OIS where the officer(s) did not have an attorney present for questioning. I call my LDF fund for an attorney when I get accused of being "rude" when I take people to jail. It helps to keep bosses in check.

As for the no warning...did they not hear it or was one not given...or did they ignore it and not care.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:42   #34
GAFinch

He's just proving that policeman are flawed people too, so an LEO exception in gun control legislation is stupid. Bills without the exception will never be okayed by powerful police unions.