Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 20:51   #41
frontier2011
Give Me Brass

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND DECISION

i like my serpa cqc
if you cant handle one, sell your gun, you shouldnt be carrying a weapon to begin with
frontier2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39   #42
beatcop

I used a molle mount version on the front of my IBA a few times during a deployment. It was new in the wrap...seemed pretty decent, but did lock the pistol in once...not sure why.

They seem cheap and effective, but the AD issue is curious.

I don't think that LE is at the top of the heap, but they tend to identify stuff that affects the lowest skill-set...so there's some merit to the warnings.

They've done a little redesign I believe. The button appears to be more of a "lay your finger on it" now, than a press the shrouded button type.

Cheap....that's the attraction.
beatcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57   #43
GlockItToMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatcop View Post
I used a molle mount version on the front of my IBA a few times during a deployment. It was new in the wrap...seemed pretty decent, but did lock the pistol in once...not sure why.

They seem cheap and effective, but the AD issue is curious.

I don't think that LE is at the top of the heap, but they tend to identify stuff that affects the lowest skill-set...so there's some merit to the warnings.

They've done a little redesign I believe. The button appears to be more of a "lay your finger on it" now, than a press the shrouded button type.

Cheap....that's the attraction.
Amen brother, you can't make it idiot proof.
NRA Life Member
GlockItToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 15:35   #44
SCmasterblaster

Seems to me that this holster design is a bad idea.
Old 02-10-2013, 18:58   #45
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Seems to me that this holster design is a bad idea.
Very similar to the Glock pistol design. Folks who can't keep finger off trigger have issues. Police Officers are NOT (always) gun people. To some the gun is a PITA they have to carry, train with...
Lets look at first yrs of Glock. Hundreds of claims of "ADs" and "overfiring" Folks who didn't know WTF they were doing (for some reason) were NOT expecting the dang gun to fire EVERY time you pull trigger.
You look at training groups. They have to make rules to lowest trained person. (to be safe) Few training places allow shoulder rigs. I have talked to instructor on 2nd day. They have signed off on it. For safety they can't allow folks that are unsafe to use equipment that requires a HINT more caution.
BTW I am still looking for Left hand SERPA for G 19 and/or G26. Thanks. (and thanks for offer on the Sig holster. As I don't have any no thanks)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41   #46
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

In reality, it's a very good design. Not what I'd recommend for the average ccw'er, but in trained hands, not bad for a budget priced holster. FLETC had some issues with new shooters (folks going through initial firearms training as part of their academy). The average serving (not brand new attending an academy) LEO is quite proficient at weapon handling. It's only on the internet that we pretend that the average CCW'er is magically far ahead of professional gun toters in marksmanship and weapon handling skills. But I suppose that's part of what the internet is for. Jamiroquai.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50   #47
gooffeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
BTW I am still looking for Left hand SERPA for G 19 and/or G26. Thanks. (and thanks for offer on the Sig holster. As I don't have any no thanks)
I've seen them at the local Cabela's here.
gooffeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 17:47   #48
allegro

Though I do NOT carry with a Serpa, I do see where it could be a positive.

My 14 years of carry have all been with a Fobus Paddle, and I am experienced and well practiced in all aspects of carry and this holster. This holster too gets much "hate" so I understand all that is posted. PRACTICE is the key to safe and effective carry.

HOWEVER, I am wondering about a "retention holster" as I ride my 4 wheeler around our river property. I am not doing "tricks" on the bike, rather just riding for enjoyment and checking things out on our land-development property. Having a positive retention system "could" guarantee that my G23 does not come dislodged.

Currently, I do ride with the Fobus, and even choose to wear on the "off side" when wearing a zipped jacket or coverall camos. Easier to cross-draw on the bike from just a slight unzip of the jacket or covers.

Be safe everyone.

G23.3 Carry, G19.4, Advantage Arms .22 Conversion, Ruger P89, Ruger Security Six .357, M&P 15, Ithica Model 37, Winchester Model 24, Ruger 10/22

Last edited by allegro; 02-11-2013 at 17:49..
allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 18:50   #49
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I've had too many close calls with this holster in dry fire practice to ever bring myself to put a loaded gun in it.

It's a fast holster and retains the gun well but it's not a safe design. Besides, the thing hands what seems to be a foot off of your hip and doesn't conceal well under anything but a jacket or vest.

There is far better on the market. To each their own though.
Old 02-11-2013, 19:32   #50
B.Reid

I find that leather makes the best ccw holster, much more form fitting.

Earth has always been a dangerous place to live. Be prepared!
B.Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:58   #51
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

See bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I've had too many close calls with this holster in dry fire practice to ever bring myself to put a loaded gun in it. that would be a You thing, not a holster problem. Sounds like some basic training is in order. Might want to carry with an empty chamber in the mean time

It's a fast holster and retains the gun well but it's not a safe design. Besides, the thing hands what seems to be a foot off of your hip and doesn't conceal well under anything but a jacket or vest. True.

There is far better on the market. To each their own though. true. Not unsafe, but definitely not world class.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30   #52
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodrich View Post
loving this holster for winter carry recommend it for medium/small hands. you don't find yourself bending your finger to depress the release button keeping your finger straight and maintaining your master grip.

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Carry Issues
What Glock is that - a G19 or 23?