SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:10   #1
Razorsharp

Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp
Thinking about the use of drones in America

Prior to the 2010 census, the Federal government hired thousands of temporary workers to canvas the nation and obtain GPS readings for every home address in America. When objections were raised over this perceived intrusion, the citizenry was assured that the only purpose of the GPS readings, was, according to census.gov, to "reduce the amount of time spent by census workers in locating addresses."

It was further explained, "The exact geographic location of each housing unit is critical to ensure that when we publish the census results for the entire country, broken down by various geographic areas ranging from states, counties, and cities, to census blocks, we accurately represent the data for the area in question. If we correctly collect the information for a household, but incorrectly allocate that information to the wrong geographic area - not the one in which it is actually located - this will result in inaccurate data for two geographic areas."

Now, I ask you, wouldn't zip codes on the submitted census forms accomplish the same?

Now, in 2013, federal, state and even local governments are employing drones as a "tool for law enforcement". So, are you still confident that those GPS coordinates are only used to insure an accurate census count?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:05   #2
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Nevermind....

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-08-2013 at 09:08..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13   #3
wprebeck
Got quacks?

First off - How are GPS coordinates an intrusion? They are no more than a way of mapping an area, albeit a lot more precise than previous methods.

Secondly - You had better remove the numbers that denote your street address from both your mailbox and your home. I hear that government agents make use of those, for some very nefarious purposes. Some .gov agents even make daily visits to your home, delivering some type of letter or package...who knows what could be in there? Better call Alex Jones right now.

Plus, the enforcement arm of the .gov is known to make use of your street address. SOmetimes, those evildoers are actually sent by other .gov agents via radio signals to homes for no other purpose than to harass and terrify local entrepreneurs who are simply trying to earn a living. The evil .gov agents will actually STOP these attempts at running a small business, and even go so far as to employ deadly force upon the poor and downtrodden citizens who only wish to make a little money for themselves.

To make matters worse, those same numbers on your house and mailbox will sometimes draw the attention of .gov agents who will crash through your door with an axe. They will forcibly remove you and your family from your home, often in the middle of the night. If that's not bad enough, these same agents of the .gov will employ large water hoses upon your home, in order to gain your compliance. After soaking your home and all your possessions into ruin, these same evil people will disappear back into the night, while other citizens (whom you thought were nice neighbors) will clap and cheer for them.

And, you know, after thinking about it - the government will even send use those mailbox numbers to send its agents to your home, and force you to take drugs and other medicines you didn't even know existed or needed. Often, these agents are sent by the same radio signals as the first and second groups - but, I hear if you wear tinfoil, those signals can be blocked.

Perhaps you could cover your home in tinfoil, that way the signals can't penetrate your home. Please post a photo or two, so I can have a template for my home, as I see you have a valid point in worrying about drones dropping bombs on your home.
wprebeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:19   #4
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
First off - How are GPS coordinates an intrusion? They are no more than a way of mapping an area, albeit a lot more precise than previous methods.

Secondly - You had better remove the numbers that denote your street address from both your mailbox and your home. I hear that government agents make use of those, for some very nefarious purposes. Some .gov agents even make daily visits to your home, delivering some type of letter or package...who knows what could be in there? Better call Alex Jones right now.

Plus, the enforcement arm of the .gov is known to make use of your street address. SOmetimes, those evildoers are actually sent by other .gov agents via radio signals to homes for no other purpose than to harass and terrify local entrepreneurs who are simply trying to earn a living. The evil .gov agents will actually STOP these attempts at running a small business, and even go so far as to employ deadly force upon the poor and downtrodden citizens who only wish to make a little money for themselves.

To make matters worse, those same numbers on your house and mailbox will sometimes draw the attention of .gov agents who will crash through your door with an axe. They will forcibly remove you and your family from your home, often in the middle of the night. If that's not bad enough, these same agents of the .gov will employ large water hoses upon your home, in order to gain your compliance. After soaking your home and all your possessions into ruin, these same evil people will disappear back into the night, while other citizens (whom you thought were nice neighbors) will clap and cheer for them.

And, you know, after thinking about it - the government will even send use those mailbox numbers to send its agents to your home, and force you to take drugs and other medicines you didn't even know existed or needed. Often, these agents are sent by the same radio signals as the first and second groups - but, I hear if you wear tinfoil, those signals can be blocked.

Perhaps you could cover your home in tinfoil, that way the signals can't penetrate your home. Please post a photo or two, so I can have a template for my home, as I see you have a valid point in worrying about drones dropping bombs on your home.

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-08-2013 at 14:43..
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46   #5
RussP

Quote:
First off - ...as I see you have a valid point in worrying about drones dropping bombs on your home.
Priceless!!!!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53   #6
Razorsharp

Quote:
I see that you are a government apologist. The "intrusion" would be the gathering of GPS coordinates of individual addresses under a false pretext. See, you say "mapping", while the pretext was for insuring an accurate census count.

Quote:
Secondly - You had better remove the numbers that denote your street address from both your mailbox and your home.
Drones don't rely on the numbers on one's mailbox or home. They rely on GPS coordinates. Hey, this is a bonus for you. You may actually learn something.

Quote:
And Govt. agents don't even do that very well, do they? There are many instances of those agents going to the wrong address and using deadly force on innocent "poor and downtrodden citizens", aren't there?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58   #7
Razorsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Priceless!!!!
Vapid.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15   #8
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post

...There are many instances of those agents going to the wrong address and using deadly force on innocent "poor and downtrodden citizens", aren't there?
"many instances"???...

Law enforcement going to the wrong address and using deadly force on innocent citizens is extremely rare. It is the exception, not the norm at you make it out to be.

The truth is that the average American citizen, that has broken no laws. has a greater chance of being struck by lightening, winning the lottery and killed in a car wreck all on the same day, than they do of ever being killed in a drone attack.

For the criminal element of our society I say, "Cry Havoc and let slip the drones of war".
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23   #9
CAcop

How is standing in a lawful place and collecting lat/long and intrusion?

Also how do you feel about Google with their street view cameras?

Did you know that Google in addition to photgraphing your home has also mapped any WiFi you have?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:35   #10
RussP

Quote:
I see that you are a government apologist. The "intrusion" would be the gathering of GPS coordinates of individual addresses under a false pretext. See, you say "mapping", while the pretext was for insuring an accurate census count.

Drones don't rely on the numbers on one's mailbox or home. They rely on GPS coordinates. Hey, this is a bonus for you. You may actually learn something.

And Govt. agents don't even do that very well, do they? There are many instances of those agents going to the wrong address and using deadly force on innocent "poor and downtrodden citizens", aren't there?
Do you ever use Google Earth using latitude/longitude?

For those not knowing what Razorsharp is talking about...CENSUS GPS-TAGGING YOUR HOME'S FRONT DOOR.

For balance, Why is the Census Bureau using Global Positioning Systems (GPS)? is the census.gov site.

Razorsharp, did they come to your house?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:39   #11
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
"many instances"???...

Law enforcement going to the wrong address and using deadly force on innocent citizens is extremely rare. It is the exception, not the norm at you make it out to be.
Ahh, however thanks to the news media and social media, it happens once, but is repeated thousands of times over long periods of time which leads people to believe it's happening over and over and over again.
Quote:
For the criminal element of our society I say, "Cry Havoc and let slip the drones of war".
hehehehehehehe....

Old 02-08-2013, 11:44   #12
Razorsharp

Quote:
"many instances"???...

The truth is that the average American citizen, that has broken no laws. has a greater chance of being struck by lightening, winning the lottery and killed in a car wreck all on the same day, than they do of ever being killed in a drone attack.

I didn't make it out to be the norm, you're creating a strawman to knock down. As far as the number of instances, it has been far more than once, and one time is too many.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49   #13
Razorsharp

Quote:
Not for counting inhabitants.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02   #14
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Its a good thing I'm allowed to sell my home and move out, isn't it?

As far as being a government apologist - I have been employed by a local agency for 13 years. I have faith that the government has no money, and no organization, by which to do what you hypothesize. I can't even get money to fix broken shotguns and the single helicopter in the air unit barely flies.

Drones, my ass.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02   #15
Razorsharp

Quote:
"many instances"???...

Law enforcement going to the wrong address and using deadly force on innocent citizens is extremely rare.

Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1

Police raid wrong house, kill family dog and make children sit with its bloody corpse
http://www.naturalnews.com/036698_po...#ixzz2KKbHCyBW

Police Raid Wrong House, Kill 61-Year Old Man
http://www.policemisconduct.net/poli...-year-old-man/

SLC Police apologize for no-knock raid on wrong house
http://fox13now.com/2012/10/05/slc-p...n-wrong-house/

Ogden police sorry for hitting wrong house, but veterans say officer safety comes first
http://www.standard.net/stories/2013...ty-comes-first

I could go on, but I believe you get the point. It ain't "extremely rare".
Old 02-08-2013, 12:12   #16
Razorsharp

Quote:
As far as being a government apologist - I have been employed by a local agency for 13 years. I have faith that the government has no money, and no organization, by which to do what you hypothesize. I can't even get money to fix broken shotguns and the single helicopter in the air unit barely flies.

Drones, my ass.
Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-you/?page=all
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14   #17
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Can you post links that show successful warrants served on the proper house, then do a risk assessment based on percentages of warrants correctly served vs those that went to bad addresses? Nationwide data would be appreciated and would demonstrate a knowledge of proper methodology.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22   #18
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Congress can authorize whatever they wish. I have direct working knowledge and experience with two different LE agencies, to include submitting purchase orders that constantly get denied.

Believe what you want....it doesn't matter to me. I was entertaining myself and pointing out the silliness of your hypothesis.

Used to be satellites - now, its drones. Crazy will latch on to anything, I suppose.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24   #19
Razorsharp

Quote:
Can you post links that show successful warrants served on the proper house, then do a risk assessment based on percentages of warrants correctly served vs those that went to bad addresses? Nationwide data would be appreciated and would demonstrate a knowledge of proper methodology.
Warrants served on the proper house are supposed to be all of the time.

For the innocent citizen, who has never had a warrant processed against him, he's looking at a 100% failure rate.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27   #20
RussP

Quote:
Quote:
Not for counting inhabitants.
Thanks for answering that question.

What about this one?
Quote:
Razorsharp, did they come to your house?