GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:31   #41
Inebriated

After a lot of experimentation, I've ended up with a Galco Matrix for my 26 (and is now modified for my 19), and a Nate Squared Pro holster for my 21, and it also works great for my 19 and 26.

I like that both are just clipped on, so they're quick to put on/take off.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 13:08   #42
ca survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkoz1975 View Post
I like the looks of the Mad Max. Does anyone have any experience with Don Hume? It looks simple but is it any good? Also how much does skin contact with the gun hurt it?
most of my holster are Don Hume, good holster for the price and most of the times in stock, I wear a T-shirt under...T-shirt, gun, pants, belt and untuck shirt..
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 13:26   #43
mad_glock26

I'm with fusion_21. Love my Crossbreed.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:19   #44
wagonm

Buy whatever holster that meets your needs and budget, but don't forget a quality gun belt.

$$$ such as Beltman, and most holster makers
$ such as Wilderness 5-stitch.

I have and use both types, but the Wilderness is my first choice.

Happy shopping.

Last edited by wagonm; 02-06-2013 at 14:19..
wagonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:31   #45
MikeNH

I'm the total opposite- I kinda like that my G32 is finally showing some holster wear on the edges. :lol: For reference, it's been carried fairly regularly since mid 2009.
MikeNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:41   #46
jdpst20

I would say Crossbreed, Theis Holster are what I've heard a ton of great reviews on. Below is a photo of my G36 in a holster I picked up at a local gun show just about a week ago. I'm still waiting on my permit here in PA, however I've been wearing the holster out and about and when I'm home I wear the gun around the house. I like it because the leather actually forms to your body shape and with some adjustments in the holes, I have it so the top of the kydex part is right at my belt-line. I can easily draw out the firearm and it conceals very nicely in designer style jeans and a looser (not baggy) polo shirt.

Here is a photo for reference. BTW I was going to order a CB or TH but I didn't want to wait for it. The one I have is pretty much a replica design but still used quality materials.

Oh yeah and I totally don't care about holster wear or scuffs. I plan to carry my glock for years and years and put millions of rounds through it lol. It will build the character. Congrats to Being able to carry.

General Glocking

Last edited by jdpst20; 02-06-2013 at 15:43..
jdpst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 19:09   #47
intenseneal

I just picked up a Uncle Mike's IWB holster for my G23 and it works well enough, not very easy to reholster the gun so I will shopping for another IWB holster but for under $20 it is great. I am a smaller guy at 150 lbs so concealing is a little challenging without a baggy shirt which I dont own many nor do I like button up shirts very much. I just started to carry so I am getting used to it and figuring out what will work best for me.
intenseneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:13   #48
cjkoz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
After a lot of experimentation, I've ended up with a Galco Matrix for my 26 (and is now modified for my 19), and a Nate Squared Pro holster for my 21, and it also works great for my 19 and 26.

I like that both are just clipped on, so they're quick to put on/take off.
You say that the N8 squared you use for your 21 also works for your 19 and 26? That is one holster I really like the concept and look of. I have had a hard time finding anyone who has one to ask them about it. How is the quality? How do you like the polymer vs. kydex?

Last edited by cjkoz1975; 02-06-2013 at 21:52..
cjkoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:48   #49
Inebriated

Quote:
You say that the N8 squared you use for your 21 also works for your 19 and 26? That is one holster I really like the concept and look of. I have had a hard time finding anyone who has one to ask them about it. How is the quality? How do you like the polymer vs. kydex?
Yeah, since only half is leather, the holster will tightly hold the 19 and 26 when it's in the belt.

The quality is really top-notch. Been carrying it daily for about 7 months now, and it hasn't had an issue. There's a noticeable shape of my 19 (most carried) in it, but even the sharp mag release hasn't damaged the leather, which is what I was worried about. The leather is stitched nicely, and the plastic hasn't caused undue wear on my guns. The weird part is that you have to twist the gun a little to draw, but it really only takes a few repetitions to get used to it. A big plus for me was that the holster is 100% US-made, and all of it comes from and is produced right here in NC. Or at least that's what the Nates say. Only real complaint is that it gets pretty warm in the summer. Great holster overall. Well worth the $65 I paid.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:57   #50
Glockster45ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen View Post
I have been using a crossbreed supertuck with the horsehide and combat cut for my 27 and 23. I have used it for over a year here in Florida. It's an awesome IWB holster.
Old 02-07-2013, 22:20   #51
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Quote:
What kind of holster do you prefer? Kydex or Leather?
I use both, but my collection is about 9/1 kydex to leather. I keep nice Galco and DeSantis rigs around for dressing up when going to court etc. but my EDC rigs all tend to be kydex. I have a favorite now though... A Sidewinder from Concealment Solutions. It has a kydex form fitted piece riveted to a thick piece of horse hide. By far the most comfortable holster I've ever used, and I've used more than the US Cavalry.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:47   #52
cjkoz1975

How well does that set up conceal being OWB?
cjkoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:45   #53
whitey4311

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19_AJ View Post
Terrible idea IMO!
Its a great idea and works well with my g21. I use a vanguard trigger guard while doing it though. Currently I am back to a Rave holster but the carry clip fits a purpose and you obviously havent tried it.

I ccw a 21sf daily in this rig. No issues and yes it will print here and there but unless you are new to ccw you will learn to forget about that.

Last edited by whitey4311; 02-08-2013 at 08:49..
whitey4311 is offline   Reply With Quote