Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 20:37   #26
Caver 60

With the snow and cold coming tonight, I hope he slowly freezes to death out there. Save everyone a lot of trouble.
Old 02-07-2013, 21:15   #27
vikingsoftpaw

From what I gather, this is begin to sound like a case of of Bi-Polar Mall Ninja that actually slipped past LEO Pschy screening and popped a gasket. One bad scene.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
Old 02-07-2013, 22:41   #28
jwagess

I read his manifesto, and read where he used physical force on people who had uttered racist remarks. When is it ok to use force for language?
Old 02-07-2013, 23:22   #29
BMG22

It's sad the kind of support this d-bag is getting. Trending on twitter even! Maybe I should stay away from the internet....to many morons....

Be safe guys.....and try to bring him in alive. Don't let him become a martyr....

Have the G22 (x2), G23, G27, G35.....want the G17, G24 (do I need to mention the G25 and G28?)
Autobots! Transform and roll out!
Old 02-08-2013, 00:01   #30
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Got 3 calls in the morning and an email bulletin at work. Bad scene all around. Buddy was called up to take his unit to take part in the search after the morning briefing. Everyone was on edge but more so because this nutjob has openly threatened family members, which makes it that much more tense.

Hope they get him soon without any more good guys getting hurt.
Old 02-08-2013, 00:12   #31
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

I know everybody wants this guy gone, but I can't help but wonder if some have thought of not showing up for work to stay home and protect their families, especially those whose only means of protection is their duty weapon and may be a specific reason to be a target. I hope I'm wrong, and everybody is putting all efforts forward, but I've got to think it's crossed the minds of some.

If nothing else, I hope all the families have a plan, too. Seems nobody is safe out there.

Stay safe, be vigilant, and get this guy asap. I'm sending prayers out west.
Originally Posted by k9medic View Post
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13

Last edited by golls17; 02-08-2013 at 00:20..
Old 02-08-2013, 00:20   #32
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I'll be the first to say it was very disconcerting to actually know how close this is getting to certain people I know as it has impacted quite a few agencies around the area in the SoCal counties, almost surreal. His manifesto declared total war on everyone and even though he is a nutjob, he said a lot of scary things which will make everyone look over their shoulders twice, because you just never know. Hope this ends soon.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01   #33
Ftttu

We thought we may have been seeing the beginning of a similar situation as this. An officer on my shift had just resigned Monday in lieu of being terminated for various problems. While he was at IA, they asked him for his issued agency property, which included asking him if he had an issued AR-15, which he answered that he didn't. After checking the inventory which confirmed he did, IA contacted him today with a threat of criminal charges if he didn't turn it in. He turned it in with a loaded magazine and a round in the chamber. Hopefully, this is he end of his story.

Dorner, especially being an officer in the military as well as LAPD experience, is a force to be reckoned with. I believe the burned out vehicle is a decoy, and he is long gone from the area. I'm really happy the media is on this, hopefully putting far more eyes out there to help locate this idiot.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:55   #34
IrishSheepdog54

Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
I know everybody wants this guy gone, but I can't help but wonder if some have thought of not showing up for work to stay home and protect their families, especially those whose only means of protection is their duty weapon and may be a specific reason to be a target. I hope I'm wrong, and everybody is putting all efforts forward, but I've got to think it's crossed the minds of some.

If nothing else, I hope all the families have a plan, too. Seems nobody is safe out there.

Stay safe, be vigilant, and get this guy asap. I'm sending prayers out west.
A good leader/boss would tell those directly named in this "manifesto" to stay home and protect their home and family. Screw the job, screw the manhunt. Protect home. Call in guys on overtime to fill the void those guys would leave on shift. I know if I was called to overtime so a coworker could stay home to protect his family, I would be in my car minutes after I hung up the phone.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:58   #35
ditchdoc24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I'll be the first to say it was very disconcerting to actually know how close this is getting to certain people I know as it has impacted quite a few agencies around the area in the SoCal counties, almost surreal. His manifesto declared total war on everyone and even though he is a nutjob, he said a lot of scary things which will make everyone look over their shoulders twice, because you just never know. Hope this ends soon.
I can't imagine how tense things must be out there. Stay alert, stay alive and watch your back.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:50   #36
PinkoCommie
Unusual Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
A good leader/boss would tell those directly named in this "manifesto" to stay home and protect their home and family. Screw the job, screw the manhunt. Protect home. Call in guys on overtime to fill the void those guys would leave on shift. I know if I was called to overtime so a coworker could stay home to protect his family, I would be in my car minutes after I hung up the phone.
An even better boss would say that they are on duty, assigned to foot patrol at their own residence until further notice.
This wasn't me... --DaBigBR
I was hauling a large quotient of ass. --Cochese
Old 02-08-2013, 03:15   #37
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Gotta agree with you.

His actions remind us how easy it is (Newtown, DC snipers, Cho) for one or two people to totally change the fabric of our normalcy, and why it is our collective responsibility to keep society in order.

Apologies if I sound like a communist, but living in a community requires effort on everyone's part. Too many people that I know (not LE) in CA think this is purely an internal police issue.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35   #38
Longhammer

I hope it's not a long list. If in fact this man went "postal", He thinks he is restoring balance to the universe. I don't think he has considered how his actions will eventually be viewed. Sometimes a person just can't walk away. My Grandfather's brother John, a father and former sailor. He couldn't just walk away when three related co-workers tried to get him to quit a good job in Minnesota around 1948, to make room for another new family member. They made the final fatal mistake of pissing in his lunchbox. John brought his rifle to work the next day, and finished the out of control behaivor for good. The adults never talked about John. We just assumed the worst. That he had commited suacide. The guns aren't the problem.

Last edited by Longhammer; 02-08-2013 at 10:56..
Old 02-08-2013, 04:53   #39
jdavionic
NRA Member

I read his "manifesto" last night. IF you were to believe the specifics of the incidents (e.g., officer kicks suspect in the head), how does a person attempt to rationalize murder? It's a rhetorical question...just pointing out that this guy has really lost it.

Ironically, he goes through great lengths in an attempt to demonstrate that his actions are justified because his "name" has been tarnished...while at one time, he worked in LE where often times people attempt to justify their actions for similar reasons - e.g., gang-related activities.

Hopefully he gets caught before he does more harm; however I expect this is going to take some time. He obviously wanted the truck found, and he knows about the tactics of the people that he has triggered to hunt him.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58   #40
4949shooter

Stay safe, western Brothers and Sisters.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:13   #41
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post

Hopefully he gets caught before he does more harm.
You know that's not likely to happen. If he can survive the elements, he'll have the advantage.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227

Last edited by volsbear; 02-08-2013 at 06:13..
Old 02-08-2013, 06:42   #42
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

I would definitely not be getting out of my patrol car without a long gun.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16   #43
Officer X

Stay Safe out there
Old 02-08-2013, 07:20   #44
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I read his "manifesto" last night. IF you were to believe the specifics of the incidents (e.g., officer kicks suspect in the head), how does a person attempt to rationalize murder? It's a rhetorical question...just pointing out that this guy has really lost it.

Ironically, he goes through great lengths in an attempt to demonstrate that his actions are justified because his "name" has been tarnished...while at one time, he worked in LE where often times people attempt to justify their actions for similar reasons - e.g., gang-related activities.

Hopefully he gets caught before he does more harm; however I expect this is going to take some time. He obviously wanted the truck found, and he knows about the tactics of the people that he has triggered to hunt him.
The fact is this guy has been pushed to the edge. He lost his LEO job. He lost his Navy reserve job. He also feels he was falsely accused of lying. So the three things that were apparently important or indispensable to him are gone. He has nothing else to live for.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30   #45
SAR
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quick update: I'm ok. It's a little hectic. Our Division is fully involved. Since the suspect is still outstanding, I am not at liberty to discuss our involvement. Suffice to say, I'm getting very little sleep. Hope to have more later.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:33   #46
knotquiteawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR View Post
Quick update: I'm ok. It's a little hectic. Our Division is fully involved. Since the suspect is still outstanding, I am not at liberty to discuss our involvement. Suffice to say, I'm getting very little sleep. Hope to have more later.
Thank you for the work you do. My prayers are with all the officers in Southern California. I went to college with 4-5 outstanding guys who are now LAPD and 1-2 who are now LASD.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42   #47
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
Or volunteer to be assigned as extra help for those directly threatened. Departments can survive shagging calls for service, being a couple of people down.

This guy is a greater threat to the general public. If he is hunting LEO's what is to stop him from killing a citizen who he thinks has spotted him?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53   #48
merlynusn

Prayers for those affected.

Stay safe out there for all the LE in the area. Watch your back.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09   #49
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkoCommie View Post
An even better boss would say that they are on duty, assigned to foot patrol at their own residence until further notice.
LAPD foot patrol requires the wearing of the Class A hat, but no appointment.

Okay, just trying to bring a bit of levity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
I would definitely not be getting out of my patrol car without a long gun.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.
This guy supposedly owns multiple AR type weapons, silencers, and a Barrett BMG, plus whatever else he has gotten along the way, plus he's got nothing to lose. How do you even guard against something like that... man... the only thing that would work now is I am hoping all the luck in the world and God almighty himself protects all those out there.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24   #50
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

I don't know that there's an easy way to guard against the threat, short of holing up in a bunker or going out of town to visit family in the next state.

But, and I'm sure this is being done since LAPD isn't exactly known for standing idly by, we need to put this idiot on the defensive. Send teams of officers out to actively hunt for him. Start putting pressure on him by any means, and I'm sure the press releases are only one tool being used. Plaster his face up on every TV screen and internet news site out there. Put his name out on the radio, and start offering a decent reward for someone who turns him in.

In short, make it hard for him to hide, or to get support from others. As I said, I'm sure LAPD has already implemented this strategy - and we don't need to know what they're doing. But, the best way to defend against a guy like this, is to put him on the defensive. Actively hunt this SOB down, and put him in the ground as you would a rabid dog.

Good luck, and may God be watching over our brethren and their families - especially now.
Closed Thread