Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 00:17   #1
toshbar
Timber Baron

What color to paint 'new' scope?

Hi guys,

As some of you may know I have a 5.45 Saiga that I converted and put Bulgy plum furniture on. I put the Mojo MicroClick aperture sight on it about 2 years ago and really like it, and had a cheapo Tasco 39x40 scope on it that I used to shoot out to 500 yards. Well, that thing just didn't have enough clicky adjustment to get me any more elevation, so I asked my buddies what they recommended for shooting 800+ yards with something like a 5.45/.223. One of them told me he had this scope that I could take off his hands. He said he'd give me a good deal since it was all painted up and the paint was not in good condition. All he said it was BIG and camo, so I said I would try it out. What's the worst that could happen?

The Kalashnikov Klub
The Kalashnikov Klub
The Kalashnikov Klub

He was right - It's REALLY BIG! And quite heavy I might add. The zoom lever goes from 5.5 to 22. It zooms in a LOT more than my tasco and this one has more than one crosshair. Lots of tick marks!

The Kalashnikov Klub

Think that will be enough to compensate for bullet drop well past 1000 yards.

The mount that came with it looks beefy and says LARUE LT104 on the bottom. I guess that's a strong enough mount to hold this big boy on my rifle.

Anyhow, I was wondering what color I should paint it, since the camo doesn't really go with my bulgy plum scheme. The scope is black underneath the paint. I can see it where it's scratched off, but I don't want to mess around with stripping it off. I was thinking of either painting it kind of deep purple/plum like most of the furniture, or the burnt orange/salmon color to match the pistol grip.

Suggestions welcome.
2 4 R

toshbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:26   #2
ak103k

Id paint the rest of the gun to match the scope.

The Kalashnikov Klub

Zeitgeist - Addendum
ak103k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 19:19   #3
Zeebra724

I'd paint your telescope simple black...and let me know when you get your first headshot on a martian! :-)
Zeebra724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 00:57   #4
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
Wow, that's some scope. You ought to be able to hit microscopic targets with that thing.

Seriously though, either paint the scope black or the scope and the whole rifle (and some mags) camo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2