GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 20:38   #21
itstime

My big ar dealer buddy told me today all his back orders are shipping to him now.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:22   #22
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
Could it be possible that supply will out do demand? Creating ARs for back to pre-election prices?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31   #23
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I think we are the very end of this craziness, just about to start getting back to normal. I overpaid for some 5.56mm ammo but nothing else during this mess. I think ARs will be back in stock first, then ammo and mags and then individual AR parts.
I think so also. I managed to sell my Keltec Sub2K last weekend for $800. I figure I wrung that particular trend just about out.

Talk about a great weekend, I picked up this beauty with the money I got from the Keltec.

Winchester Model 101 Diamond Grade (the finest grade they made) Undersingle Trap gun.

Doesn't have a single scratch or dent on it. Looks like it has lived its entire life in the safe. It is going to get used now though (I am an avid trap shooter).

Here is a link to an identical gun on gunsamerica.com Mine has prettier wood.

General Firearms Forum

http://www.gunsamerica.com/942997285...CHOKES+WCA.htm

I paid $1000 even for it (no tax or papers).
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 02-04-2013 at 08:32..
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:41   #24
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

$800 for a sub2k? I am not big on selling guns once I've acquired them, but for that price I'd hand it over in a heartbeat.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:07   #25
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewybaca67 View Post
Could it be possible that supply will out do demand? Creating ARs for back to pre-election prices?
That would be cool, but I doubt it.

I think most of the people who bought at inflated prices recently were doing so to get "in before the ban", and didn't already have a firearm of that type...so they are going to want to keep the one they have for the same reason they bought it.

I think people have a hard time taking that kind of loss, and would rather keep it unless they REALLY need the money.

I think a lot of people, especially the true hobbiests and professionals, knew not to buy during this and their purchaes, that were put on hold, will pick up as the market returns to normalcy. This would of course seem to effect the high end manufacturers more than the low grade stuff, so using this theory I suspect we might end up seeing inexpensive Bushmater, Olympic, and DPMS type rifles, but I don't see a flood of Colt, BCM, DD, Noveske, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
$800 for a sub2k? I am not big on selling guns once I've acquired them, but for that price I'd hand it over in a heartbeat.
No doubt. I wish I kept mine instead of selling it for like $250 a couple years go.

I put a used Shrubmaster Carbon 15 on Gunbroker 1 week ago. $600 starting bid, no reserve, 1 day auction only, with a $1,399 Buy it Now. It sold via Buy It Now well before the 24 hours was up. lol

Of course, if there IS a ban, we will regret selling. Not likely though.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 02-04-2013 at 22:09..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:27   #26
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
I bet all the panic buyers that were stupid enough to pay up to $3,000 for a plain jane AR are starting to kick their selves right about now...
Not in NYS they aren't. They can't buy an AR anymore. So if they didn't buy one before the ban, they can't have one.

Will that happen nationally? Maybe not this time around, but more individual states are about to sign on and join the Nazi party. Cuomo is leading the axis powers.

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 02-04-2013 at 22:28..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38   #27
fuzzy03cls

A few LGS's in my area I expect to have their prices plumett soon. They are stocked with AR's. But since they are all over $1K they aren't selling many.
The hard thing to get now are mags & ammo.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:17   #28
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
I think so also. I managed to sell my Keltec Sub2K last weekend for $800. I figure I wrung that particular trend just about out.

Talk about a great weekend, I picked up this beauty with the money I got from the Keltec.

Winchester Model 101 Diamond Grade (the finest grade they made) Undersingle Trap gun.

Doesn't have a single scratch or dent on it. Looks like it has lived its entire life in the safe. It is going to get used now though (I am an avid trap shooter).

Here is a link to an identical gun on gunsamerica.com Mine has prettier wood.

General Firearms Forum

http://www.gunsamerica.com/942997285...CHOKES+WCA.htm

I paid $1000 even for it (no tax or papers).
Nice "trade"

You are way ahead on that one sir!
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 21:00   #29
Glock26z

I had some jerk come to our table and he said he wanted to sell his to me for $4500.00 to me and I pulled outmy wallet and showed him a one dollar bill for it and his ammo. He was pissed off at me and a few other dealers that talked to this jerk. I quit ordering
ar's beause of what has happened. I have more calls for revolvers,da and sa and,lever and,pump,and,bolt action rifles. Even black powder firearms. And,single stack semi-auto pistols for ccw.
Glock26z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:00   #30
CranialCrusader

I'm afraid there won't be any supply any time soon in Houston, at least at reasonable prices. I saw plenty for $2000+ at a gun show.

One local dealer has a list so long they said essentially:

We have a waiting list, when an AR comes in (regardless of brand or type) they call you and give you 4 hours to claim and pay for it.

I inquired about an FN SCAR, they said at least a year. Their pistol case and shop floor was essentially stripped bare.

TX is quite good for gun rights, but not so great during this rush.

CranialCrusader
Old 02-06-2013, 18:12   #31
John_NJ

I think amateur hour is almost over now as they have blown their wad on overpriced everything.

Prices will recover by April.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Don’t respond to the stupidity of a fool; you’ll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 19:16   #32
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
That was what convinced me. I saw people asking $900+ for them and thought hard about it. I just bought a PS90 which is a much cooler gun and haven't shot the Sub2K in a couple of years.

I do miss the fact it fit in a laptop case, otherwise I don't miss it a bit. Not when you consider what selling it funded (that Winchester Model 101).

P.S. I was in the local gun shop (Vance's) and they must have had a dozen ARs hanging on the wall. Pricing was still high, but a lot lower than it has been ($1200 - $1300).

I expect bottom feeder ARs to drop below a $1K this month. I outfitted my Colt AR15-A2 (20" rifle) with a full set of Magpul furniture yesterday. Bravo Company had the UBR stock in FDE for $220 so I jumped at it. I also installed the Moe forearm and a new Magpul grip as well. Really dressed up the old lady (she was made in '92). I am keeping the A2 furniture in case I ever decide to sell the rifle (not a high probability of that).

Must have got the last one of the sale UBR stocks from Bravo Company. Shows as out of stock now.

General Firearms Forum

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpu...tock%20fde.htm

Really like that new stock a lot.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 02-09-2013 at 20:31..
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:33   #33
Jim85IROC

I'm one of those guys who had to have an AR just incase, but I tried to be somewhat smart about it. I bought a couple lowers for WAY too much, but I'll wait it out for the rest of the parts. The lower is what matters.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:57   #34
1canvas

I still have Colt AR15-A2 20'' with a 3x scope that says Colt on it with a bullet drop comp that I bought new right before the last ban. it probably has less than 200 rounds through it. I bought an H-Bar also but sold it when I someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. with the last ban I seen them go to over 1800.00 over night. there wasn't very many different brands back then like there is now.
Old 02-07-2013, 22:10   #35
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I'm one of those guys who had to have an AR just incase, but I tried to be somewhat smart about it. I bought a couple lowers for WAY too much, but I'll wait it out for the rest of the parts. The lower is what matters.
Good plan IMO.
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26   #36
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
No doubt, ammo is still impossible to find but it will return. Production is at full capacity I would guess and we will see it hitting the shelves within the next month or two.

ARs are starting to slowly show back up in shops around here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=328231373

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=328259592

Prices are dropping on the ole 6920. I don't think either of these NIB 6920s will hit $2000. A couple of weeks ago they would have hit $2200-$2300. It's a start back to pre-mess times anyways.
I still see FN 5.7 for 1800 or so and Ars going high in some areas. Ammo is in tight supply and I think that the market will remain tight until next year because of the fear of the libtards. I still see Ar for over 2k on regular units.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56   #37
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Second Amendment Sports in Bakersfield has a bunch of cheezy ninja-rized ARs on the wall marked for like $3000-4000. Still sitting there after several weeks. I guess Californians ain't as dumb as other staters.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29   #38
DAIadvisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
... I guess Californians ain't as dumb as other staters.
No, they're just broke.
DAIadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35   #39
SpringerTGO

Just as the panic started my lgs was selling RRA Operators for around $900, and he had a couple of LMT's for around $1100. I picked up LMT's in 556 and 308 at below retail.
I went to dinner last night with a guy who went to the same LGS the very next day. I couldn't believe what he told me. They had raised the price of the RRA to $1800, and he bought one! That was pretty sickening to hear.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48   #40
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIadvisor View Post
No, they're just broke.
Consider that most of them are illegals on welfare, methinks that it's you that's broke for supporting them.