Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:48   #21
FLglockdude

Umm in short, hell friggen no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taphius View Post
I view Glock much like Apple. Took a lot of ideas from other items and combined them into a good product. Except Apple has more mark up.

They both pretty much sit on the design that made them successful and are failing to innovate further.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Well said.

Sent from my Obama phone.
FLglockdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01   #22
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticshooter View Post
Hey guys. I'm an enthusiast of both pistols but thought I would ask the same question here as I did on the 1911 Forum.

Is Gaston Glock on the same level as John Browning? I understand John Browning's accomplishmets with his designs but I also understand Gaston Glocks with his. Browning's designs have been around for over 100 years but it looks like Gaston's designs may be the design of the future if it already isn't.. I'm not partial to either design because I own and enjoy them both. I'm just wondering if Gaston and Browning are on the same level and why?
Not even close. JMB accomplished what he did without the help of any computer. Same with Bill Ruger. They were genius minds. Gaston was at the right place at the right time with a design that made it much less costly for LE to keep&maintain weapons. From a marketing standpoint I think Gaston Glock has them both beat by a long shot though.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:07   #23
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
It's not just a coincidence. John Browning's middle name, that is.
That's right! JMB is a prophet blessed by the Lord!
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:32   #24
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I disagree with everyone here. John Browning NEVER was never talented enough to design a pistol that shot a projectile down the barrel while at the same time geometrically eject a casing that will strike you right between the eyes. Gaston has that market cornered.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by hoghunter82; 02-07-2013 at 16:33..
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:34   #25
Baba Louie

Quote:
Is Gaston Glock on the same level as John Browning?

Trick question... right?

Who all was on Glocks team of designers again? Who all helped JMB in his shop?

I must concur with the naysayers here in regards to your OP query. A very simple... No.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:46   #26
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
No. John Browning was a firearms master. His designs were radically apart from anything else being done in his day. He came as close to re-inventing firearms as anyone in history has. His lock-breech design is used in virtually every semi-auto pistol to this day, including Glock.

Gaston Glock is a toolmaker who made a fantastic, and utterly reliable tool which shoots bullets. I would say Gaston's most important contribution has been in materials which pistols (now) are made out of, and precision manufacturing.
That about covers it, but.....

Forget about the 1911. Look at the other Browning designs to see why Browning was a master.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:56   #27
countrygun

Perspective is needed.

Somebody mentioned Bill Ruger. Well, despite the fact that his 10/22 design is undoubtedly the most popular .22 in the world, he didn't "invent" much to it. The magazine is from the Mannlicher/Savage 99 he just made it detachable. Now if that was the only gun that had his name on it, would someone compare him to JMB?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:11   #28
silentpoet

And don't forget Bill Ruger's contributions to the field of victim disarmament. Still think he was scum for selling out gun owners and endorsing infringements on our rights.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:12   #29
bac1023

Quote:
Hey guys. I'm an enthusiast of both pistols but thought I would ask the same question here as I did on the 1911 Forum.

Is Gaston Glock on the same level as John Browning? I understand John Browning's accomplishmets with his designs but I also understand Gaston Glocks with his. Browning's designs have been around for over 100 years but it looks like Gaston's designs may be the design of the future if it already isn't.. I'm not partial to either design because I own and enjoy them both. I'm just wondering if Gaston and Browning are on the same level and why?
I'm going to be blunt...

Quite frankly, I'm astonished somebody could be ignorant enough to even ponder the question. Its just ridiculous.

There, I said it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:14   #30
grecco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
NOT EVEN CLOSE!

(Not personally, not professionally)
Exactly......
Old 02-07-2013, 17:26   #31
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
And don't forget Bill Ruger's contributions to the field of victim disarmament. Still think he was scum for selling out gun owners and endorsing infringements on our rights.
I am truly sorry you caught your wife sleeping with a Ruger factory rep.

Last edited by countrygun; 02-07-2013 at 17:26..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:29   #32
LawScholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Bill died over a decade ago and Ruger sells like 5 types of ARs now.

It's probably okay to let the dead be dead now.
Old 02-07-2013, 17:36   #33
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:

They aren't even close. Browning was a genius.

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:50   #34
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:53   #35
mongo356

I know this won't be the popular thing to express but.......

Both made fine firearms that are used by military, LE & Civilians around the World.

One uses a lot of small levers, springs and detent balls. The other uses 33 parts.

One you disassemble with a bottle opener, the other a 3/16" punch.

Browning to me is kind of like a nice pocket watch really shiny & pretty gets the job done with a lot of cool gears and Timing.

Glock more like a sun dial still gets the job done, not complex and can double as a door stop for years and still tell time.

Just my opinion.
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:07   #36
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
I know this won't be the popular thing to express but.......

Both made fine firearms that are used by military, LE & Civilians around the World.

One uses a lot of small levers, springs and detent balls. The other uses 33 parts.

One you disassemble with a bottle opener, the other a 3/16" punch.

Browning to me is kind of like a nice pocket watch really shiny & pretty gets the job done with a lot of cool gears and Timing.

Glock more like a sun dial still gets the job done, not complex and can double as a door stop for years and still tell time.

Just my opinion.

You guys are really funny...

I know its breaking news to some, but JMB designed more than just the 1911 - a LOT more, in fact.

GG designed one gun. ONE

Even that one gun used featured engineered by JMB.

This thread should have been started on April 1st.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:16   #37
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
You guys are really funny...

Not exactly the words I was thinking Brian but I don't want to get in trouble. Gaston Glock couldn't carry JMB's jock strap in any area of anything.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:27   #38
CBennett

Not even close
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:38   #39
Raven1967

No how no way!
Raven1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:46   #40
Deaf Smith

Quote:
With all due respect of Hr. Glock.....

NO.

Never in a million years.

Deaf