GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:11   #1
RussP

A post from Eric re: GNG & LE oriented topics...

For those who do not venture into GNG, CLI, and PI...
Quote:
No More Police/Political/Civil Liberties-Related Threads In GNG

Quote:
We opened a Cop Talk forum on GT more than ten years ago, along with a Political Issues forum and a Civil Liberties Issues forum. One of the primary reasons for these additions was to create a place for these always-divisive topics, so people wouldn't have to deal with them here. Most people don't want to chew over these topics every day and most that do can't seem to maintain any objectivity or decorum, when they indulge themselves.

With everything that has been happening over the last few months, I have relaxed the rules a bit, but it is time to rein things in. The fact is, most of the LEO threads started here are posted by someone with an agenda, pro or con, and most of these threads end badly.

From this point, if you want to discuss Cops or law enforcement, please do so in the Cop Talk forum. If you want to discuss laws, civil rights, civil liberties, etc, do it in the Civil Liberties forum. If you want to discuss politics, please do so in the Political Issues forum.

Obviously, with the state of current events in the US and the world, there will be news stories concerning politics that crop up almost daily. Topics about these stories can be posted here, but the moment they get dragged off-topic, they will be closed and the people who consistently drag these threads off-topic will be dealt with.

As for cop threads, I want them posted in Cop Talk.
That being said, I'd like to remind everyone of Eric's existing policy on posts here in CT...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Folks, I did not create this forum to give people a place to ***** about cops, or to question the morality or legality of their practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground. If you do not like cops, or you are pissed because you got a ticket, or you want to know how to beat the ticket, or you don't like no-knock warrants or DUI checkpoints, do not post about it here. Period. I am sick to death of all of the bickering and all of the problems a few knuckleheads here (On both sides of the fence) keep causing. I want the problems to stop.

If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for. From now on, any such discussion here will be closed or moved to that forum. There are a handful of people here who are obsessed with the topic and they are screwing things up here for everyone else.

Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site. On the other hand, the problems here are not one-sided. I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior and many of you are in a job that has certainly taught you better.

This forum has been one of the most problematic on GT, but I still feel it can be an asset if the people that use it will help it live up to its potential. Eric
Thanks...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:14   #2
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Thanks, Russ. I saw that post earlier, and wondered how that would affect the current rules of this place. And I'm not going to lie, my first thought was "oh ****, here it comes!".

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:21   #3
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Aye Aye Captain.
Cop Talk
Old 02-06-2013, 13:07   #4
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Thanks, Russ. I saw that post earlier, and wondered how that would affect the current rules of this place. And I'm not going to lie, my first thought was "oh ****, here it comes!".
Remember, this little icon Cop Talk is your friend.

This little icon, Cop Talk, that's the infraction icon. That will be used should this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
On the other hand, the problems here are not one-sided. I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior and many of you are in a job that has certainly taught you better.

Eric
not be honored.

Every GT member, regardless of occupation, posting in Cop Talk needs to be 200% clear on that.

Last edited by RussP; 02-06-2013 at 13:08..
Old 02-06-2013, 14:43   #5
CAcop

The way I read it if people want to ask why we do something they can post here.

If they want to ***** about why we do something PI or CL is the place to do it.

And if they are posting improperly notify the mods.

Let me know if I am wrong.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 14:55   #6
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post

You are correct.

Old 02-06-2013, 17:14   #7
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I just now got the memo.
Old 02-06-2013, 17:37   #8
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I needed some humor.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:17   #9
blueiron
Clown move, bro

There needs to be more 'that's a paddlin' for the hit and run usual suspects.

Bastard! - TBO

Last edited by blueiron; 02-06-2013 at 20:18..
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:21   #10
ranger1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post

That's about how I'm reading it as well.
ranger1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:27   #11
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Paddlin' the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.

Needed that.

-David Simon in "Homicide"

Last edited by DaBigBR; 02-06-2013 at 21:28..
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04   #12
Bruce M

While I understand why, in some way I am disappointed (not that anyone cares, or should.) My best guess is that any of several things will be much more moderated here which while maintaining a certain decorum will almost certainly reduce the entertainment value. And I think sometimes it is a good reminder that they are out there.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:51   #13
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
While I understand why, in some way I am disappointed (not that anyone cares, or should.) My best guess is that any of several things will be much more moderated here which while maintaining a certain decorum will almost certainly reduce the entertainment value. And I think sometimes it is a good reminder that they are out there.
The producer and head writer, and the directors of that entertaining show, have found that some patrons are just not willing to follow the head writers interactive script. They tend to ad lib inappropriately, even offensively, and often take the theme of the various acts of the show way off course.

Disappointing as it will be that patrons will no longer have the convenience of the show in their personal GT neighborhood, and as disappointing as it might be that some previous patrons will not travel to the original playhouse, CT, the show's producer feels it best to bring it back home.

There is still the less, a very little less, scripted show in the CL neighborhood that will become more popular as time goes on.

So, yes, the available entertainment has been dialed back.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:56   #14
RussP

Might I please remind all that there will be those who will test Eric's resolve.

Ignore their presence, please.

Thank you...

Stay safe...

Last edited by RussP; 02-07-2013 at 07:56..
Old 02-07-2013, 10:41   #15
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Can I go around and test people to make sure they obey?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:52   #16
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
Can I go around and test people to make sure they obey?
Sure, go ahead, but first, is there anyone you'd like to say goodbye to here in CT?

Old 02-07-2013, 12:16   #17
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Let me prepare a list.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23   #18
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Sure, go ahead, but first, is there anyone you'd like to say goodbye to here in CT?

I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 14:39   #19
scottydl

Quote:
That being said, I'd like to remind everyone of Eric's existing policy on posts here in CT...
This one will be hard to swallow for some of the police complainers. They will want to come here to complain. But as you have astutely pointed out, there is a method in place for dealing with that.
A paddlin'.

P.S. Thanks Russ, Eric, and any other mods/staff for your oversight, and keeping this place in line!

Last edited by scottydl; 02-07-2013 at 14:40..
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:30   #20
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:

I literally laughed out loud reading that; thanks, Russ!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote