GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 16:22   #1
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,618
Blog Entries: 64
Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

Quote:
Quote:
WARNING: If you post in this thread, and it is deemed your purpose is to disrupt the discussion, if you post off topic comments to incite other members, if there is the slightest hint of trolling, you will suffer consequences.

Read this post before proceeding: A post from Eric re: GNG & LE oriented topics...

This is an important topic to GT LE members.
Manhunt for ex LAPD Officer

Please post links to latest news updates.

Multi-state manhunt under way for ex-LAPD cop sought in killing of officer, 2 others
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 16:26   #2
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,728
Prayers to everyone in the area. Stay safe out there.
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 16:32   #3
captcurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern Delaware
Posts: 1,787
This is a very bad situation and my prayers are for all of my brothers and sisters in Southern CA. I served for 30 years and never was involved in something as bad as this. I cannot imagine how you can do your jobs under these conditions. You guys/gals make me proud to have been a LEO. Safe stay and get the job done.
__________________
Certified Glock Armorer
Tavor Level One Armorer

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 16:46   #4
metal
Senior Member
 
metal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Not quite Detroit
Posts: 639
Thanks Russ.
__________________
"You can't arrest me because ___________", hilarity ensues....
metal is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 16:49   #5
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic
 
akapennypincher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sonora Desert Arizona USA
Posts: 6,493
My father lives in downtown San Diego, he told me they (news media) is saying the Ex-LAPD Officer they are looking for could have slipped into Mexico. I would think the Mexican Authorities would have little problem spotting this guy.
akapennypincher is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 16:55   #6
dano1427
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 821
Latest is that his truck was found, burned-up outside of San Diego, near the border.
dano1427 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 17:16   #7
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
I got the alert today, well after FOX broke the story. It seems like we are always behind by a day or two.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 17:23   #8
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano1427 View Post
Latest is that his truck was found, burned-up outside of San Diego, near the border.
The reports I'm seeing from the local LA NBC affiliate and on CNN is that a burned-out truck was found in Big Bear, a pretty fair hike away from the border, unless it's unrelated (correlation hasn't been confirmed yet).

Sources:
Big Bear Truck Fire (NBC Los Angeles)

CNN coverage

CBS report
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero

Last edited by WarCry; 02-07-2013 at 17:26..
WarCry is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 17:29   #9
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
The reports I'm seeing from the local LA NBC affiliate and on CNN is that a burned-out truck was found in Big Bear, a pretty fair hike away from the border, unless it's unrelated (correlation hasn't been confirmed yet).

Sources:
Big Bear Truck Fire (NBC Los Angeles)

CNN coverage

CBS report
Well, if it is, I would hope those who are poking around at it would use an abundance of caution.

1. He treatened to use asymetrical warfare, so I would consider it booby trapped.

2. It could be a lure to pull LEO's in to start laying down lead with his "assault weapon" as FOX puts it.

3. He has already proven his propensity to ambush as he did to the officers in Riverside.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 17:45   #10
Agent6-3/8
Senior Member
 
Agent6-3/8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The ramparts of civilization
Posts: 11,523
Just saw this on the evening news. Very scary...prayers for all involved.


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
__________________
"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir
Agent6-3/8 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 17:55   #11
LippCJ7
Senior Member
 
LippCJ7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,278
I just got a call from a buddy asking if I had heard anything since I am off(not sure why he would think I knew anything since I live in COLORADO) so I told him the last I had heard was that his truck was found near the border burned up and he is probably in Mexico...

My buddy then tells me that his wife called and told him his truck was found less then a mile from his house near Big Bear Lake..

I told him that the internet is a little slow sometimes and that he should have left Cali several years ago like I told him...

WHOOPS
__________________
Don't follow me you won't make it, Glocks, Black Rifles, Hunting rifles and Mathews Bows
LippCJ7 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 18:01   #12
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Since there isn't a specific thread for this:

(remove if not determined relevant)

..for the murdered officers, their families, and their friends.

Condolences on behalf of the murdered citizens, to their families, and friends.

Find the 'defector' and kill him.
blueiron is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 18:06   #13
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 45,988
Blog Entries: 1


Killer was dishonorably discharged from Navy Reserves, his last day was Friday.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 18:08   #14
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 45,988
Blog Entries: 1


It appears he wasn't an LAPD cop for long, he was a probationary Officer in 2007 when the incident that led to his release happened. After an investigation by IA, he was let go by LAPD.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 18:29   #15
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Killer was dishonorably discharged from Navy Reserves, his last day was Friday.
As a reserve Naval Officer, he was not dishonorably discharged. He may have been RIF'ed, medically discharged, etc., but the only way to get a DD now is to have committed felony crimes while in service and be convicted of those crimes by a UCMJ Court Martial.
blueiron is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 18:33   #16
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,802
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
As a reserve Naval Officer, he was not dishonorably discharged. He may have been RIF'ed, medically discharged, etc., but the only way to get a DD now is to have committed felony crimes while in service and be convicted of those crimes by a UCMJ Court Martial.
It could still be a "Bad Conduct Discharge", though. I've seen enough people get them.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 18:43   #17
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control
 
Ship A'Hoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 789
Prayers to those hurt and hope no one else is hurt by this turd.

Flush the turd.
__________________
"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman
NRA LE Certified Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
Certified Glock Armorer
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Ship A'Hoy is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 18:56   #18
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North of Seattle, South of Canada
Posts: 11,497


I suppose I shouldn't be surprise by the number of people who are calling him a "whistleblower" and a "hero" for doing what he did.
__________________
Neo-pagan, FORMER Libertarian, Cop, Gun Owner, Jewish Heritage - I'm the small talk at parties!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 19:09   #19
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up
 
txleapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 6,210



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919


"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 19:12   #20
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
It could still be a "Bad Conduct Discharge", though. I've seen enough people get them.
A Navy Lieutenant with a BCD and no loss of rank? Rare. That would still very likely be a criminal offense related discharge.

I'd bet he was given an Honorable admin discharge and RIF'ed out.

Remember, he was able to check into San Diego Navy hotel housing on 01 February.
blueiron is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:13.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 988
279 Members
709 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31