SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:18   #1
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

Milling Glock 30 slide to 36 width... insanity

As many of you probably already know, Glock will not sell just a slide or receiver to "normal" buyers. As such building something like a gen 4 30s becomes a very expensive endeavor.

My questions are:

1. What are the internal measurements of the Glock 30 and 36 slides respectively? In particular the extractor and the barrel relief (the opening where the barrel sits, not the muzzle hole) in relation to the bore centerline and the exterior planes of the slide?

2. Any blatant problems with milling 1/16" of a inch off each side of the slide to mimic the .14" width difference between the 30 and 36? (obviously this may be answered once internal measurements are posted)

3. Are there any slide dimension differences aside from the recoil spring diameter between g30 and the gen 4 g30?

4. Why has lone wolf not made a 36 slide yet and completely monopolized the market?!

I am assuming there will be no problems with the slide lock being that no one has reported a problem with a 36 slide locking open on a 30 frame.

I would appreciate any and all measurements you guys can provide from all g30 and g36 guns. All generations and any measurement you can get off the slide. With enough measurement submissions the law of averages will work out any deviations.

Obviously I am crazy for even posting this question, but my dream gun of a gen 4 g30s with an rmr melted as low as possible is an insane proposition in and of itself.

Use this information at your own risk! Do NOT mill anything on your gun! That's my disclaimer before anyone asks.
Old 02-07-2013, 13:10   #2
GRT45
Transform & Win

I suggest you give Mark Housel a call and explain what you have in mind. He has great expertise in milling slides and RMR installations. He might be able to tell you if you're barking up the wrong tree with this project.

L&M Precision Gunworks
Prescott, AZ 86303
928-445-3405
510-396-0849 (cell)

Regarding aftermarket vendor support to produce a G36 slide, the answer is quite simple. The G36 market is minuscule compared to the rest of Glock's product line and no vendor wants to absorb the development and overhead costs for so little return. In the Glock 45ACP line, the demand for custom, aftermarket offerings drops off precipitously beyond the G21.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 02-07-2013 at 13:19..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:35   #3
BenjiEDF

I have a glock 30s, trust me it's not worth all that time or effort lol. Glockmeister sells slides and receivers and people have been buying a Glock 36 and just ordering the 30 SF lower. I'm fairly certain Glock has a Gen 4 30s in the works, one of the shot show interviews alluded to it. I'd hold out for now.

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:48   #4
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

It can be done!
Looks to be approximately .05" wider on each side but a couple hundred in machining is far cheaper than buying another gun just for the slide.
Old 02-07-2013, 13:48   #5
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

Thank you grt45!