Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:01   #1
Tom D

Status of Firearms Industry Production Rates

I received this yesterday from my local Nics guy who received it from a Virginia FFL dealer.
"
A status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia :

Status of gun industry Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.(I assume they mean black powder guns)

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible with roughly 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line. MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon. RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted..."

followed by

"I talked with three different people at Glock last week and all of them told me that Glock was working around the clock and running at full capacity. However, because the supply chain has been virtually depleted, I was told they were running 3-4 months behind for orders placed just by the distributors. The Glock food chain flows as follows….distributors first, stocking dealers buying directly from Glock second, non-stocking dealers last. Could be July/August before any amount of reasonable inventory is available.

Feel free to pass along."
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55   #2
WayneJessie

Now is not the best time to be buying new handguns unless you just don't have a choice. You will be paying too much for a gun that probably did not get the QC previous units did. I'd want one that preferable was built a year or two ago that's being sitting on a shelf somewhere. It's inevitable that the faster and harder men work for more than just a short burst the less concerned about quality they become. Fatigue will get the best of them.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:41   #3
Jim85IROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
Now is not the best time to be buying new handguns unless you just don't have a choice. You will be paying too much for a gun that probably did not get the QC previous units did. I'd want one that preferable was built a year or two ago that's being sitting on a shelf somewhere. It's inevitable that the faster and harder men work for more than just a short burst the less concerned about quality they become. Fatigue will get the best of them.
I jist bought a new Gen 4 G35 a couple weeks ago and was surprised that it had an August build date. I expected it to be more recent.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57   #4
lunarspeak

this is why we need to buy second hand out of the iwannas..armslist...gunshows...

not only will we give the gun companys alittle breathing room but we can also move some guns around if or when there is a UBC imposed
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote