Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 21:04   #1
China boy

Mossberg 500 Flex

So, I bought a mossberg 500 Flex for my first shotgun thinking this new flex system would be nice to switch parts around with ease. Now that I have this shotgun I've been searching the web and it seems there are not really many options out there. Whats the deal? I almost wish I would have gotten the regular 500 as there is a lot more forearms, stocks and pistol grips available. Anybody know when more after market products will be available?
China boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:49   #2
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

id like to know too, seems it could do everything from home defense to trap competition
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26   #3
Victoriagotagun

The Flex is a new system so its going to take awhile before/if there is going to be a aftermarket for it.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:41   #4
BenjiEDF

I almost got a FLEX but I will never use a pistol grip so I just got one of the ones with a rail on the pump forend. I've got one 18.5" barrel and one 28" barrel with the 3 chokes for trap, skeet, or hunting. The only accessory I really want to put on is a tac-light for home defense.

What kind of accessories do you want to put on?

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 14:01   #5
TSAX
USAF Vet

Im considering getting one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member

Last edited by TSAX; 02-07-2013 at 14:03..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:23   #6
China boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiEDF View Post

What kind of accessories do you want to put on?
Well, I definitely want the 18.5 breach barrel but I know that is accessable. What I want it a better pistol grip and some forearm options. The pistol grip available it stupid and has this odd stripped pattern. I wish there were forearms like the regular 500. I read a bunch about the FLEX system and got pumped up for it and it seemed like a good first shotgun choice. Now I'm wondering if I would have went with a normal 500. The Tool-less System is nice though.
Old 02-09-2013, 22:58   #7
China boy

I took the 500 Flex to the range and shot 10 slugs from it. No complaints. It seems a little stiff with loading the shells but everyone at the range said everything loosens up after using it a bit. It was dead on at 25 feet. Definitely had a kick with the 1oz slugs but that was expected. Had a lot of fun and can't wait to bring it out again for a few more slugs before the weather changes and I can go sport clay shooting.