Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 18:07   #1
Just_plinking

Face to face with evil... creepy stories

I really enjoyed that thread about "creepy things in the woods" or whatever it was, but it died a long time ago so...

I wanted to make a thread about creepy evil things that you have encountered personally (more creepy woods stories fit the bill also) that make your hair stand on end, material or not.

I had one.

I was about 9 or so. My dad went into walmart and left me and and my brother in the truck (he was about 5). Some guy came up to my window, and started asking me about the trim on the tailgate (our truck was a '90 ranger lariat, with factory trim). He was saying He had a ranger, and wanted to get "that tailgate cover" on his truck, and would I please come out and show it to him.

My "this ain't right" meter went off, so I stayed in the truck and told him my dad would be back, and he could tell him about it. The guy just kept trying to coax me out of the truck, then eventually left.

When my dad got back, I told him what happened, but he dismissed it, and we went on our way. I wish I was more mature at the time because I now know that he was a child molester, and was trying to abduct me at the time. I feel bad, because If i'd known better, we could have alerted the cops, and tried to stop him. But I was a naive kid, and didn't really understand.

I have no doubt that if I got out of that truck, i'd probably have ended up dead. I'm glad I listened to my gut.

I'm pretty sure I was face to face with evil that night, anyone else got a similar story?
Old 02-06-2013, 18:15   #2
Batesmotel

I worked with the Lafferty Brothers just weeks before they went over the edge. They were tile layers and I was installing cabinets on a big condo complex. Listened to some sick stuff. One thought he was a prophet and they killed the other ones wife and baby.

Google them. Pure evil.
Old 02-06-2013, 18:28   #3
IQof1

i met Bill and Hillary twice.....
IQof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:31   #4
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQof1 View Post
Well... that's end of the thread there!
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:32   #5
HauntedAlabama

Quote:
You pretty much win
HauntedAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:34   #6
itstime

Quote:
How do you sleep at night!!!!!!!
itstime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:35   #7
*ASH*

i dont see the hope for epicness like the Woods thread
Old 02-06-2013, 18:39   #8
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
i dont see the hope for epicness like the Woods thread
Weren't trying to be epic, just entertained. Sorry if it fell short.
Old 02-06-2013, 18:39   #9
IQof1

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime View Post
How do you sleep at night!!!!!!!
light on, door to my underground bunker bolted, pacifier in, cuddling my pillow under my blanket and closet door removed.

a case of beer helps as well.
IQof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:42   #10
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post
Weren't trying to be epic, just entertained. Sorry if it fell short.
no you got it wrong , my bad . it was a joke . rye dry one but i was joking sorry .
Old 02-06-2013, 18:46   #11
Just_plinking

Quote:
no you got it wrong , my bad . it was a joke . rye dry one but i was joking sorry .
No worries, but you have to have something to add, fiction or otherwise
Old 02-06-2013, 18:54   #12
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post
No worries, but you have to have something to add, fiction or otherwise
one day when i was about 9 years old , i was down at our pond while my dad was plowing the fields , i was just a little to young to reach the clutch lol.
well i was playing around the pond and i heard a bull frog croaking . BUT , it was a different kinda croak , i dunno just different so it peaked my interest . so as i got closer i wondered why this huge bullfrog was letting me get close to it .
so i reached down and grabbed it , as i pulled it up out of the water low and behold the bottom half of frog had a huge Moccasin attached to it !!

i picked up and up and this snake just hanging on this frog . scared the hell out of me . true story .
Old 02-06-2013, 19:42   #13
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

When I was in high school I had a cutlass that I put a small fortune in. BUilt the 455 myself(with an uncles help) and it was one bad ride. I paid for all of it by working after school and weekends at Hardee's. I used to work the midnight shift a lot because no one else wanted to, and they would pay me more per hour. We hired a gay guy once to work midnights. He wasnt a bad guy, friendly, but kind of weird(not because he was gay, just weird). One night he didnt show up for work. On monday I stopped in for breakfast on my way to school and the manager said "hey, check this out!" On the front page of the Springfield newspaper was this guys picture. He was arrested Saturday night for the rape and murder of a 12 year old boy. He was apparently caught in his hotel room with the dead body. I worked every weekend in the kitchen with this guy, just me and him for almost a year. You talk a lot on midnights when its just you and another guy. That freaked me out for awhile.
Old 02-06-2013, 19:44   #14
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
When I was in high school I had a cutlass that I put a small fortune in. BUilt the 455 myself(with an uncles help) and it was one bad ride. I paid for all of it by working after school and weekends at Hardee's. I used to work the midnight shift a lot because no one else wanted to, and they would pay me more per hour. We hired a gay guy once to work midnights. He wasnt a bad guy, friendly, but kind of weird(not because he was gay, just weird). One night he didnt show up for work. On monday I stopped in for breakfast on my way to school and the manager said "hey, check this out!" On the front page of the Springfield newspaper was this guys picture. He was arrested Saturday night for the rape and murder of a 12 year old boy. He was apparently caught in his hotel room with the dead body. I worked every weekend in the kitchen with this guy, just me and him for almost a year. You talk a lot on midnights when its just you and another guy. That freaked me out for awhile.
damn
Old 02-06-2013, 21:42   #15
larry_minn
Silver Membership

I worked where I was sent around the tri state area doing inspections. I went to many private residences, businesses.etc.
This one place in middle of nowhere. I went into the shed with owner and as we got closer to building....The more uncomfortable I was. He was a strange looking dude.
He always wanted to crowd close behind me.
I just wanted him to stay the heck away, and get out of there. I have always said "trust your instincts"
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:48   #16
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

I've talked to a number of people who went on to murder someone. The one who really creeped me out later beat his GF then strangled her with a curtain cord in the bathroom shower of a motel room.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:50   #17
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
I've talked to a number of people who went on to murder someone. The one who really creeped me out later beat his GF then strangled her with a curtain cord in the bathroom shower of a motel room.
Its weird, but I wasnt exactly surprised when I heard the news. How about you? When you heard what the guy did, in the back of your mind were you like, "Huh, not really a surprise?"
Old 02-06-2013, 21:56   #18
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Its weird, but I wasnt exactly surprised when I heard the news. How about you? When you heard what the guy did, in the back of your mind were you like, "Huh, not really a surprise?"
Not one bit. The guy was a dope smoker, lived in a crap/flop room, had odd skin (probably from living his skid row lifestyle), but what really stood out were his eyes. They were like a shark, dead, and black. Soulless.
My agency had arrested him on a domestic with the same gal. After being arraigned in court on the charge he was released (misdemeanor). We found out he had a warrant from some place else and went to pick him up. He was hiding, but eventually answered the door. We scooped him up, and guess who was hiding in his closet? Yup, the GF from the domestic. Battered woman syndrome strengthened by substance abuse issues.

She was killed just a month or so later.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:44   #19
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Not one bit. The guy was a dope smoker, lived in a crap/flop room, had odd skin (probably from living his skid row lifestyle), but what really stood out were his eyes. They were like a shark, dead, and black. Soulless.
My agency had arrested him on a domestic with the same gal. After being arraigned in court on the charge he was released (misdemeanor). We found out he had a warrant from some place else and went to pick him up. He was hiding, but eventually answered the door. We scooped him up, and guess who was hiding in his closet? Yup, the GF from the domestic. Battered woman syndrome strengthened by substance abuse issues.

She was killed just a month or so later.
That whole story sounds eerily typical. Loser cant stay away from him because of the drugs, etc. I know the dead eyes look. I have always wondered if it was from the drugs or the evil soul-less-ness(if thats a word, lol)inside them. Its a creepy look though. I have seen it on other people since and I high foot it away from them!
Old 02-06-2013, 22:48   #20
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I once accidentally saw a photo of Hillary in short pants.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:52   #21
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
one day when i was about 9 years old , i was down at our pond while my dad was plowing the fields , i was just a little to young to reach the clutch lol.
well i was playing around the pond and i heard a bull frog croaking . BUT , it was a different kinda croak , i dunno just different so it peaked my interest . so as i got closer i wondered why this huge bullfrog was letting me get close to it .
so i reached down and grabbed it , as i pulled it up out of the water low and behold the bottom half of frog had a huge Moccasin attached to it !!

i picked up and up and this snake just hanging on this frog . scared the hell out of me . true story .
pics or it didn't happen ash
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:33   #22
WmHBonney

I wake up next to evil every morning
Old 02-06-2013, 23:37   #23
Kevinr20

I saw a ghost car the other night.

I was walking my dog at night. A car with its headlights on turned west on the road in front of me. I was watching it drive from about 50 yards away until it passed a parked van that blocked my view as the car drove past it. But it never came out the other side of the parked van. I had a wtf moment and assumed the car stopped suddenly in the middle of the street and turned its lights off. I was thinking it must be behind the van where i couldn't see it. I walked until i got to where the car should have been and there was nothing behind the parked van. No other cars anywhere.

I'm still questioning my sanity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:50   #24
Andy W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
I saw a ghost car the other night.

I was walking my dog at night. A car with its headlights on turned west on the road in front of me. I was watching it drive from about 50 yards away until it passed a parked van that blocked my view as the car drove past it. But it never came out the other side of the parked van. I had a wtf moment and assumed the car stopped suddenly in the middle of the street and turned its lights off. I was thinking it must be behind the van where i couldn't see it. I walked until i got to where the car should have been and there was nothing behind the parked van. No other cars anywhere.

I'm still questioning my sanity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Dude, have you been taking Ambien? That stuff will do weird things if you take it and stay up.
Andy W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:54   #25
Ohio Copper

I have looked evil square in the eyes more times than I can count. I have also seen the results of those evil individuals actions many times, it never gets easy.

The worst was a parolee who beat his girlfriend so bad I thought for sure she was dead and that the bubbles coming through the blood on her face was her life leaving her. Miraculously, she held on long enough to make it to a trauma center and was then airlifted to University Hospitals in Cleveland. She made it after a few weeks of touch and go.

My sergeant and I (the responding and investigating officers) didn't need much to send him back to prison. He went back for the rest of his 12 1/2 years and was convicted to do another 12. Hopefully he stays there and can never hurt anyone again. I will never forget how he chuckled when I asked him why he had blood on his knuckles as I was handcuffing him.

Domestic calls really are the absolute worst. The tenant next door said that it sounded like someone was dropping a dumbell on the floor, it was him pounding her head on the floor.
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
taggerino