Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 18:13   #21
kaech

kinda surprise no one else has said this,but.... I'm going to say it's a problem with your 10 round magazines. If possible try standard capacity magazine
Old 02-05-2013, 18:51   #22
MSims

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaech View Post
kinda surprise no one else has said this,but.... I'm going to say it's a problem with your 10 round magazines. If possible try standard capacity magazine
100% agree on the 10 round mags... They are garbage... 10 round mags are made for Subcompacts and shouldnt be for high caps... I always hear alot of problems with the 10 rounder for the full size and compact... Go get a standard 17 round and i bet you wont have any problems...

90% of the time when people complain about FTE with using 10 round mags

Last edited by MSims; 02-05-2013 at 18:53..
MSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 20:00   #23
inky0ct0pus

That could be it! It did seem that the FTE's happened with the last round in the magazines. I was SO pissed they gave me 10 rounders. Unfortunately here in California they're next to impossible to find without paying 90 bucks for one.

Last edited by inky0ct0pus; 02-05-2013 at 20:00..
inky0ct0pus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:16   #24
AustinTx

I have never experienced weak ejection, with any 9mm Glock using 115 gr WWB ammo and a 20# recoil spring. The OEM spring is 17#, I think. That's been all Gen 3 pistols, though.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 23:12   #25
spartanranger

I have a G19, 17, and 34 all gen 4 with different dates of manufacture. No problems any of them.

Here's what I do though, I breakdown and clean all the gunk off the guns; get that coppery stuff out! With my latest gen 4s I took the extractor out and polished with flitz the top and bottom. Not necessary but it makes me feel better.

Even though the glock normally doesnt need it, consider the first two hundred rounds a break-in period. Use stiff ammo and not the WWB weak sauce. The glock is designed as a military pistol and it wants the heavy recoiling stuff. Remember, the glock is rated for sub-machine gun ammo. Not a lot of guns are. Once the gun is broken in the WWB is no problem at all. But it wants the hot stuff. I doubt you'd have any problems at all with the stiffer LE/self-defense ammo.

The Smith and Wesoon M&Ps are a bit of a disaster unfortunately. I hear way too many bad stuff about them and while they can be fun to shoot I am very disappointed with the quality control on them and the crappy internal design. They managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on that one.

Glocks are still the top dog and I don't believe you will have any trouble at all if you break it in.

Also, 10 rd mags? Really? Stop being a communist and use the 17 rd ones already. : )
spartanranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06   #26
inky0ct0pus

Any chance anyone would be willing to sell me a 17 rd rebuild kit? For the sake of science of course!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55   #27
DEADEYEGUY

Glocks are made for hot ammo because they are a military gun is b.s.! Glocks for years never had problems feeding any kind of ammo that was SAMMI Spec or NATO. WWB is SAMMI spec. Beretta's, SIG's, HK's, CZ's, and on and on are all made to NATO Specs but shoot any SAMMI spec ammo. Weak ammo and limp wristing were excuses Glock has tried to use in te past couple of years to cover up problems with the newer guns.
According to your owners manual Glocks are made to shoot SAMMI spec or NATO spec ammo. So even though one of their techs might try and get you to buy the weak ammo thing it goes against what is stated in their owners manual. If you need hot ammo to get a gun to function the ammo is covering up a problem with the gun. No where am I aware of Glock changing the specs on the type of ammo you should use in their guns to get them to function to only include hot loads. Again in spite of word of mouth the owners manual says "SAMMI or NATO spec" ammo. WWB is within SAMMI specs and works in my older 9mm Glocks.
DEADEYEGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56   #28
AR15 guy

Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
All of my glocks will eat Tula...heck my kahr cm9, which are notorious for choking on cheap ammo, will run Tula fine.
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07   #29
WayneJessie

M&Ps being a disaster is news to me... I hear more about Glock G4 issues than anything else.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11   #30
inky0ct0pus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADEYEGUY View Post
Weak ammo and limp wristing were excuses Glock has tried to use in te past couple of years to cover up problems with the newer guns.
I'm inclined to agree. My Gen 4 21 had NO problems with cheap ammo, or limp wristing. I shot it minutes after I had my FTE's on the Gen 4 17.

Im about to give up and get a P226.
Old 02-06-2013, 17:03   #31
inky0ct0pus

So I'm boxing up my Glock to send for service. I figure they have more ammo then I do, let them deal with it. Is there anything I should know before I send it? They're sending me a shipping label.
Old 02-06-2013, 17:45   #32
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky0ct0pus View Post
So I'm boxing up my Glock to send for service. I figure they have more ammo then I do, let them deal with it. Is there anything I should know before I send it? They're sending me a shipping label.
It would be really nice to know what they do to fix it. Many would probably fix theirs themselves thus saving Glock the expense.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:02   #33
AustinTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADEYEGUY View Post
Glocks are made for hot ammo because they are a military gun is b.s.! Glocks for years never had problems feeding any kind of ammo that was SAMMI Spec or NATO. WWB is SAMMI spec. Beretta's, SIG's, HK's, CZ's, and on and on are all made to NATO Specs but shoot any SAMMI spec ammo. Weak ammo and limp wristing were excuses Glock has tried to use in te past couple of years to cover up problems with the newer guns.
According to your owners manual Glocks are made to shoot SAMMI spec or NATO spec ammo. So even though one of their techs might try and get you to buy the weak ammo thing it goes against what is stated in their owners manual. If you need hot ammo to get a gun to function the ammo is covering up a problem with the gun. No where am I aware of Glock changing the specs on the type of ammo you should use in their guns to get them to function to only include hot loads. Again in spite of word of mouth the owners manual says "SAMMI or NATO spec" ammo. WWB is within SAMMI specs and works in my older 9mm Glocks.
DEADEYEGUY,
You got me, with that. I cannot improve, on that no-how, no-way. You da man!
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote