Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2013, 23:19   #10061
sawgrass

LW if we look at just GT friends, life is taking its toll.

I pray that Silent_Runner benefits from our prayers.

You have survived and you have many gifts to share.

As far as the guns go...it's always a gamble in the current environment. MN has three days of gc legislature next week. President Obama is even paying us a visit.

Dango, I'm sorry to hear about your wife.

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-02-2013 at 16:40..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 20:02   #10062
flyover

Quote:
Originally Posted by

Here's the offending gun.

[IMG
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/Guns/686-4_2.jpg[/IMG]

Ooooooooh! Shiny!! I don't normally have a lot of love for Smiths but Lone Wolfe thats one real nice looking Smith.

I hope that you are feeling much better. I say a prayer often for many folks here and on other forums that have health and other issues.
flyover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 00:46   #10063
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Here I've been checking to see if you responded to my post...and it isn't there!! I must have done something wrong when I posted it.

I'm praying for SR, Wolfe. I had no idea things were so serious. I appreciate her so much for all of her support of you through this.

You sound SO much better!! It is very encouraging to me. It gives me hope for the rest of us.

I say, keep your guns. Although, if you were going to sell them, this would be a good time to get top dollar for them. I agree, you have fantastic taste!!

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that you are still my hero in the way you handled the scary guy.

We love you, dear girl. I know, you already knew that...

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06   #10064
cmb19

Winter sucks. Here's an amaryllis. Flowers are pretty and make people happy.

I hope everyone is having a nice day! Well, as nice as possible.

Okie Memorial Area
cmb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:53   #10065
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb19 View Post

Okie Memorial Area
Very nice.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59   #10066
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Free niggles!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:29   #10067
BobInTX

What ya doing?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 02-06-2013 at 22:30..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:49   #10068
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Wolfe, you are always in my prayers. My prayers will be that you don't get shot, don't get attacked, don't get any other "conditions" and don't lose any friends.

Hope you are well today.
Gentle hugs
Can't say I really understand about what they're doing to you, it's a lot different than the therapy I had overseas, but I hope it starts doing you some good.

As for me, it'd be nice if those prayers get answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I've just been busy IRL.

How is your surgery pain doing?
Hope all is going well, I miss you around here. The surgery pain is getting better. It's less now that the injury pain, which is about the same as it's been for a while now. That's not going away any time soon, I just have to deal with it when I can, and throw extra meds at it when I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Drive by hugs!

: hugs:
to you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I hope you find a way to keep them, at least for a couple of years until things settle. Even if a friend has to hold them.

But, if you do decide to sell, let us all know what you have. Use the GT classifieds. Wouldn't it be better to sell them to people you know? And get a good price - since we don't have to make a dealer's profit.

Personally, I am close to ruining my laptop, drooling over that revolver - you have good taste.
--------------------

Maybe you need to do something that you would not normally do. It might help your morale. Go to where people not like you go, or something.

Here is what I did, as lame as it sounds........

My 14 year old Volvo finally needed repairs that were 2 times the car's value. So we went shopping.

Rather than get another plain white sedan, I got a wild hair and went with a kid's car, and a kid's color, and a manual transmission. And I shaved off the beard.

I feel a little less like a Grumpy Old Fart, even though I still am one. I just shook myself up a little, and feel better.
That's a cool little car you bought, and I like the pics of you, too.

I can keep them as long as I want, they're in storage. As long as I pay the bill each month they can sit there. I thought about selling them through here or other ad or online auction, but don't want to deal with getting them out, looking them over, etc... Maybe sometime in the future, but not now.

But I swear, when I do I'm going to auction that 686 off to the highest bidder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Luv ya LW and no, I ain't forgot ya!

Sad time! My wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
That's why I ain't been around much.
I keep comin around to keep the high spirits going !
We are both tuff as nails and I am sure she will beat this , like you have.

You are my Hero ,but you know that already!
Get well soon LW. Luv ya.........!: hearts:
Oh damn, Dango! Hoping she'll have an easy battle. Please keep us posted!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:32   #10069
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
One of the sad realities of getting older ( and you are much younger than I), is losing friends. Unfortunately, most of my long time good friends don't live a healthy life and are dropping like flies.

I filled out a job app 2 weeks ago and couldn't think of 5 friends I've known for over 5 years.....sad.

Take care, get well.
I don't think I'm that much younger than you. But it does seem like my friends die far too young. Jeff was only 50.

Thank you, and good luck with the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW if we look at just GT friends, life is taking its toll.

I pray that Silent_Runner benefits from our prayers.

You have survived and you have many gifts to share.

As far as the guns go...it's always a gamble in the current environment. MN has three days of gc legislature next week. President Obama is even paying us a visit.

Dango, I'm sorry to hear about your wife.
Yep, it sure is. Lately has been really bad in that area. Jeff, Chad Landry, others. I hope she benefits too, at least to ease pain and discomfort. I know I've been asking for prayers for her for well over a year now, and she needs them more than ever. She asked when she first got sick that I not tell anything on this forum, she has her own online friends that she told. On her home forum, I post under a different name, completely hiding who I am and anything about me. I'm only there as her friend, even less talkative to others than she's been here. Because of that, I understand why she's asked me not to spill any details, and I'll respect that forever. But I will ask for continued prayers for her.

Gifts? Maybe, I really don't see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyover View Post
Ooooooooh! Shiny!! I don't normally have a lot of love for Smiths but Lone Wolfe thats one real nice looking Smith.

I hope that you are feeling much better. I say a prayer often for many folks here and on other forums that have health and other issues.
Thanks. And thank you for the prayers on behalf of all of us. : wavey:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Here I've been checking to see if you responded to my post...and it isn't there!! I must have done something wrong when I posted it.

I'm praying for SR, Wolfe. I had no idea things were so serious. I appreciate her so much for all of her support of you through this.

You sound SO much better!! It is very encouraging to me. It gives me hope for the rest of us.

I say, keep your guns. Although, if you were going to sell them, this would be a good time to get top dollar for them. I agree, you have fantastic taste!!

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that you are still my hero in the way you handled the scary guy.

We love you, dear girl. I know, you already knew that...: )
Thank you for the prayers for both of us. I'm planning a trip up to see her soon. I'm trying to get flights between Drs appointments, that should be getting easier. I'm trying to get up there in the next couple weeks.

And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb19 View Post

Okie Memorial Area
That's so pretty, thank you! It looks a lot like the one I posted so many pics if in here a couple of years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Free niggles!

: hugs: : hearts: : kiss:

Quote:
: wavey:

What ya doing?
:wavey back! How you been?

I've been on a mental rollercoaster, as if that's anything new. I had a PET scan lest week, checking if the cancer had spread anywhere else. It hasn't, so my remission is official. That's a relief, I was a bit worried. I still have one surgery next month, a minor one compared to one in December. After that, it's getting checked every 3 months.

The downside is my insurance company seems to think I've been released to go back to work, and doesn't seem to care that my surgeon hasn't released me yet, so they're cutting my benefits. Another problem is that there's no openings with my employer for me to go back to. I need to try to stay employed by the same company if at all possible, because I'm uninsureable and will be for 5 years. And that's if I stay cancer-free. If it comes back I'll have even bigger problems.

I'm really hoping something works out, that's what's on my mind right now. That, and my chest making it's usual complaints and the nightmares....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31   #10070
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
The downside is my insurance company seems to think I've been released to go back to work, and doesn't seem to care that my surgeon hasn't released me yet, so they're cutting my benefits. Another problem is that there's no openings with my employer for me to go back to. I need to try to stay employed by the same company if at all possible, because I'm uninsureable and will be for 5 years. And that's if I stay cancer-free. If it comes back I'll have even bigger problems.

I'm really hoping something works out, that's what's on my mind right now. That, and my chest making it's usual complaints and the nightmares....
If you have proof of credible coverage for insurance when the cancer was diagnosed, it cannot be considered an uninsurable existing condition. At least, that's how it has been explained to me, and I use to sell insurance (Property, casualty, life and health). Proof of previous, credible coverage protects you from that "existing condition" clause. Check it out, don't take my word for it...but it's worth looking in to!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43   #10071
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Glad your last surgery is feeling better. I had hopes that your chest pain would subside over the years but I know how bad nerve pain can be and I'm sorry you have to go through this all the time.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:57   #10072
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Can't say I really understand about what they're doing to you, it's a lot different than the therapy I had overseas, but I hope it starts doing you some good.
I do several exercises, working muscle groups that were affected by the sciatica and the surgery, then I get a 15 minute session with E-stem and a huge heat pack. I lay on top of the heat pack with the E-stem pads crisscrossing to cover the surgerical site. Do you know what E-Stem is? It is electrical current that sends a message to the brain through your nerves to tell your brain you don't have pain. Right now, my pain threshhold is so high that I need the machine to stay up between 45-53 (many people can only use up to 3 or 4 before their muscles are jumping, and that's not the idea behind this type of therapy). Anyway, the machine allows it to go up to 45, but then every few seconds, it lowers until it's between 32 to 35. I can barely feel it then, so it's doing me no good. I'm going to research the machine and see if there is a way to disable the safety feature that is causing it to do that.

I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 26th...I plan on walking in without the brace, the bio-med (home version of the E-stem) or the cane and get him to release me back to work status without restrictions so I can get back to work! Please...if you are a pray-er, please pray that I can be released back to work.

Wolfe...I am rejoicing with you over the remission!!! God is good, I am so pleased to hear that tests show true remission! I will keep praying for more improvement in your night terrors, and day terrors too...Great job with the idiot who tried to charge at you and your friend! I didn't realize how drastic the prayer need was/is for SR...I will step those prayers up another notch. God be with her and comfort her though this trial. Recovery be quick and complete. She is a precious friend on here...I hope and pray she will be ok and come back completely healed.

Dango, my prayers for you and your wife too....as well as everyone else here who is in need of the prayers.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:48   #10073
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
If you have proof of credible coverage for insurance when the cancer was diagnosed, it cannot be considered an uninsurable existing condition. At least, that's how it has been explained to me, and I use to sell insurance (Property, casualty, life and health). Proof of previous, credible coverage protects you from that "existing condition" clause. Check it out, don't take my word for it...but it's worth looking in to!
I hope you're right, I need to check a lot of things out. I'm pretty freaked out right now, it seems my insurance company is pulling a fast one on me. My oncologist released me to go back to work, but my surgeon still has to do one more surgery on me next month. My insurance company chose to disregard that, and apparently is dropping my coverage. I'm pretty freaked out right now, and know nothing about what I need to do to fight them. Seems I'll need a lawyer to figure this crap out. Guess the insurance company decided I cost them too much money already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Glad your last surgery is feeling better. I had hopes that your chest pain would subside over the years but I know how bad nerve pain can be and I'm sorry you have to go through this all the time.
Nerve pain, bone pain, cartilige pain, muscle pain, I feel like someone shot me.

Oh, wait...........

Thanks, I'm hoping it'll eventually get better, too.

Quote:

Wolfe...I am rejoicing with you over the remission!!! God is good, I am so pleased to hear that tests show true remission! I will keep praying for more improvement in your night terrors, and day terrors too...Great job with the idiot who tried to charge at you and your friend! I didn't realize how drastic the prayer need was/is for SR...I will step those prayers up another notch. God be with her and comfort her though this trial. Recovery be quick and complete. She is a precious friend on here...I hope and pray she will be ok and come back completely healed.

Dango, my prayers for you and your wife too....as well as everyone else here who is in need of the prayers.
They didn't do electrical stimulation on me much, because it didn't do me much good when they did try it. Who knows if it was being done right. I hope they can get yours doing you some good, and you can go back to work.

Yep, I'm relieved. For the next 3 months, at least. I have to be checked every few months for the next 5 years, so I'll get nervous before each test.

I really miss being able to talk to her, and visit her easily. We lived right near each other for years, and now it's hard not to be able to just go hang at her house, or her come over here and we'd sometimes sit around talking and posting on GT at the same time and having fun. Of course there were other, wilder times. Not to mention all the times in the last few years she wanted to kick my ass, and probably still does. OK, I know I'm going on a bit here, so I'll shut up. Hopefully I can fall back to sleep after the nightmare I had earlier.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48   #10074
BobInTX

Someone turned 2 on the 7th. We are celebrating today.
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11   #10075
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Someone turned 2 on the 7th. We are celebrating today.
Awwwwww, she's growing up so fast!

I was riding with a friend today as she was running errands, and she asked in I minded if she stopped by a gun store to pick up something for her husband. I said OK, and even decided to walk in the door of the place, although that's as far as I went. They have a range there, and I could hear people shooting. I stood there for as long as I could, maybe a minute, then got out of there. I made sure I didn't freak out or draw any attention, I just went back to the car.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56   #10076
BobInTX

Yeah, she is. She's really getting to be a blondie, too. It's funny because her hair was so dark when she was born. I'm hoping she has hair like her grandmother.

Way to go on the gun store thing. Baby steps.

Aren't you eligible for COBRA on your insurance? Talk to the benefits dept at your employer to see. You'll have to pay all the premium but it's cheaper than the alternative.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:34   #10077
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Yeah, she is. She's really getting to be a blondie, too. It's funny because her hair was so dark when she was born. I'm hoping she has hair like her grandmother.

Way to go on the gun store thing. Baby steps.

Aren't you eligible for COBRA on your insurance? Talk to the benefits dept at your employer to see. You'll have to pay all the premium but it's cheaper than the alternative.
I was born with dark hair that turned blonde, too. Except mine turned blonde in about 6 months, then slowly darkened as I got older.

Baby steps, yeah. I'm tired of baby steps, its been 4 years. I need to find a way to deal with this issue. I witnessed what I think was an attempted strong-arm robbery this evening. I was out with my friend and her husband, and we were in the parking lot of one of the bix box sporting goods stores when it happened. I was plenty far enough away, and it looked like a failure of the victim selection process. Chuck Norris would have been proud of the guy that got grabbed. Oh, and my friend's husband got a nice birthday present.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'll be eligible for COBRA, but paying for it without a job will get difficult.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-15-2013, 09:56   #10078
BobInTX

When you train a dog or horse to handle gunfire, you start by letting them hear the sound from a distance. You keep getting closer and closer until they can handle the noise without flinching. Why not humans?

You could watch a 21 gun salute on YouTube. Then next day watch some video of a guy reviewing a revolver or semi indoors. Then watch a vid of some guys shooting at the range, then shooting auto fire outdoors. Keep watching videos to get yourself a little desensitized.

Then go back to the store you were at and just listen to the gunfire.

Set yourself goals to be accomplished by set dates so you know you're making progress. Start small and work up. Watch for 1 minute. Then 2. Set a timer. If you can't handle a time, go back to the previous time, and then try again.

I'd like to see you work until you can watch a video of Ak-47's being fired. 1 minute, 1 1/2 minutes, 2 minutes, 4 minutes, all of it. All of it every day for a week.

Make yourself watch a movie at home (or a friend's house) with plenty of shooting. I'd recommend the original "Die Hard". (I know, you hate movies.) You can ease into it like the other vids. Start it over every time so you get desensitized to the parts you saw before.

Then, go to a shooting movie in public. A matinee so it's not crowded. You don't have to see the whole thing. Make a goal for how long you will sit there.

Then go to a gun store and ask to see a gun and hold it. Do it several times.

Then go to a gun store and ask to see a semi-auto rifle and hold it.

I'm not saying do this in a week. I'm talking months. Set a goal that by the end of February you will do this. Then by March 15 you do at, etc.

You don't have to do it this particular way. Make your own plan. Have a plan and carry it out. Be proactive. Make some rewards for yourself for accomplishing a goal.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:58   #10079
BobInTX

By the way, how is the hair doing? Still short? You send me another pic?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:15   #10080
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
When you train a dog or horse to handle gunfire, you start by letting them hear the sound from a distance. You keep getting closer and closer until they can handle the noise without flinching. Why not humans?

You could watch a 21 gun salute on YouTube. Then next day watch some video of a guy reviewing a revolver or semi indoors. Then watch a vid of some guys shooting at the range, then shooting auto fire outdoors. Keep watching videos to get yourself a little desensitized.

Then go back to the store you were at and just listen to the gunfire.

Set yourself goals to be accomplished by set dates so you know you're making progress. Start small and work up. Watch for 1 minute. Then 2. Set a timer. If you can't handle a time, go back to the previous time, and then try again.

I'd like to see you work until you can watch a video of Ak-47's being fired. 1 minute, 1 1/2 minutes, 2 minutes, 4 minutes, all of it. All of it every day for a week.

Make yourself watch a movie at home (or a friend's house) with plenty of shooting. I'd recommend the original "Die Hard". (I know, you hate movies.) You can ease into it like the other vids. Start it over every time so you get desensitized to the parts you saw before.

Then, go to a shooting movie in public. A matinee so it's not crowded. You don't have to see the whole thing. Make a goal for how long you will sit there.

Then go to a gun store and ask to see a gun and hold it. Do it several times.

Then go to a gun store and ask to see a semi-auto rifle and hold it.

I'm not saying do this in a week. I'm talking months. Set a goal that by the end of February you will do this. Then by March 15 you do at, etc.

You don't have to do it this particular way. Make your own plan. Have a plan and carry it out. Be proactive. Make some rewards for yourself for accomplishing a goal.

Quote:
By the way, how is the hair doing? Still short? You send me another pic?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!