Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:38   #1
wacopolumbo

The Trade...

Well, I did something I never thought I would do. I traded my Sig P220 Sport last night. It all started last Saturday when I traded a Glock 26 for a Glock 38 with a fella from VA guntrader.

I have been shooting 45 GAP for a couple years now and have been carrying a Glock 39 as my EDC since last spring. I love the 39 - 45ACP performance in a Baby Glock package. I have built up a GAP stable. I have an OD Glock 37, OD Glock 38, OD Glock 39, black Glock 39 and a Springfield XD45LE Tactical with another XD45LE Tactical on layaway at a local gun store. Basically, I am sold on the GAP. I picked up a Glock 26 in a trade, and already had 2 other Glock 26s. I love the baby Glocks and like having multiples of the guns I shoot often. I put the extra Glock 26 up for trade for a 38 and made the trade on Saturday. While there, I traded a bunch of 45 ACP ammo for GAP ammo with the fella and mentioned the only 45 ACP gun I had left was my P220 Sport and I didn't shoot it often (once in the last year) so the GAP ammo was of more use to me than the ACP ammo.

Saturday night, the fella contacts me to ask what it would take to trade for my P220. He initially offered a Glock 37, Galco shoulder holster and asked how much GAP ammo it would take to make the trade. He didn't realize it was a P220 sport. I told him I never thought of selling it and it would have to be a good offer to make me give it up - even though it was a safe queen. The offer he came back with was a Glock 37 (3 mags), Glock 39 (3 mags), Galco holster and 2000 rounds of 45 GAP ammunition. That did it. I made the deal.

So, here is what I gave up with 6 factory 8 round mags, 1 factory 7 round mag and 2 factory 10 round mags:

General Glocking

And here is what I got in return plus the new Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster:

General Glocking

General Glocking

I know the new owner will shoot the P220 Sport more than I did. But I swear, I never thought I would have let it go, but this was an offer I couldn't and didn't refuse!

Now I am out of the 45 ACP business and while I still have several other calibers, I am focusing on 45 GAP and 9mm.

My GAP line up now includes:

OD 37, OD 38, OD39, 37, 38, 39x2, XD45LE Tacticalx2 (I pick the other one up next week)

Plus I now have tons of ammo for the range and self defense (his 2000 rounds added to about 3000 rounds I had on hand). I have been buying up GAP ammo since I started shooting it, speaking of which UPS should be dropping off 300 rounds of Speer Gold Dot this afternoon.

I'm sorry if I bored you. I just felt like sharing...

Learning from my mistakes since 1974

Last edited by wacopolumbo; 02-06-2013 at 08:44.. Reason: changed second picture
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46   #2
4095fanatic

Sounds like a good move to me! Enjoy!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59   #3
spcwes

Yea for sure, lots of ammo and weapons you enjoying shooting it out of is a great thing!
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18   #4
silversport

I think you should keep what you like and you did just that...good for you...one of those calibers and pistols I still want to try...

Bill
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04   #5
proguide

Good for you! Now go get them dirty
proguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08   #6
SDR

Wow. I mean wow...now that's a trade! I'm sure it was hard to let go of the Sport. Enjoy them all and if you see a good deal on another used 26, let me know please .
SDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19   #7
Beanie-Bean

Looks like everyone was happy with this deal. I agree with you regarding selling/trading the safe queens that don't see a whole lot of action for something you really like.

Congrats on the excellent trade! Be sure to save that brass to have when you start setting up your reloading bench

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24   #8
Actionmonkey

Sounds like a great trade, congrats!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-07-2013, 07:26   #9
bennie1986

Never seen such love for 45 gap!
bennie1986 is offline   Reply With Quote