GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 22:45   #21
poikilotrm

I have used a much mocked and very cheap Fobus belt holster for many years now. It works just fine. You have to dress like a rag bag to conceal the weapon, but it works and there isn't any real art to drawing the weapon, just grab it and go. I CC either a 23 or a 17 depending on my mood.
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:00   #22
rolltide_pisco
NRA Life Member

I'll be wearing a FOBUS ankle holster for the winter with my G27 when it comes in. Spring and summer time I'll prolly go back to my Theis IWB holster.
rolltide_pisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:05   #23
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide_pisco View Post
I'll be wearing a FOBUS ankle holster for the winter with my G27 when it comes in. Spring and summer time I'll prolly go back to my Theis IWB holster.

Hows that Theis working for you?
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:55   #24
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen View Post
I have been using a crossbreed supertuck with the horsehide and combat cut for my 27 and 23. I have used it for over a year here in Florida. It's an awesome IWB holster.
This, only Washington and two years.
The crossbreed is outstanding and there is a two week, money back trial period.
For owb get a Glock Sport Combat holster. It will be the best $14 you spend on gun accessories. It holds the gun high and tight to the side. Every Glock owner should have one. I don't know why they are not included in the box with every new pistol.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10   #25
SgtRich

+1 for the CrossBreed SuperTuck! I have several for my different pistols and have found, after spending a LOT of money on others, that they work best for me. You can't beat their comfort, either.
SgtRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:02   #26
cjkoz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RoundEye View Post
As far as Kydex goes Raven Concealment sets the standard. Their Phantom line can be set up for IWB or OWB. If you want something smaller their VG2 Isabel of polymer cover the trigger and connects to a belt. My friends call it the bikini of holsters.

Since everyone is different it's really hard to have people recommend you a holster. If you go to a store or a gun show you might able to try some on. Also local clubs/matches might be beneficial for this as well.
Is Kydex better than leather or is it personal preference?
cjkoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:18   #27
Willfulone
CCA Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkoz1975 View Post
I like the looks of the Mad Max. Does anyone have any experience with Don Hume? It looks simple but is it any good? Also how much does skin contact with the gun hurt it?
I carry with a Don Hume h715 IWB

I have a right handed one, that I carry in front
and
a left handed one I carry in the rear when I have a
long coat on.

Great holster, love it, no issues

Will

Last edited by Willfulone; 02-06-2013 at 14:16..
Willfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:23   #28
lilysdad

I received my IWB Basetuck from Whitehat Holsters a few weeks ago, great company to deal with. I have been carrying my G19 in it since it came. Conceals great, holds the gun tight and with the cant adjusted just right for me, allows for a good fast draw. I also have an MTAC for a PF9 that I used daily for almost 2 years and that is super comfortable too.
lilysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:20   #29
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

That's weird OP. I have exactly the OPPOSITE phobia. I can't seem to think of my Glocks as reliable UNTIL they show wear, and trust me... that takes a LONG time! Mine have always been 100% reliable, but I love them once they show some silver and have some knocks and dings. For some reason they have "proven themselves" when they've been carried and shot that much.
Old 02-05-2013, 22:23   #30
Dooger

Theis
Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:24   #31
cjkoz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie 1 Kenopie View Post
That's weird OP. I have exactly the OPPOSITE phobia. I can't seem to think of my Glocks as reliable UNTIL they show wear, and trust me... that takes a LONG time! Mine have always been 100% reliable, but I love them once they show some silver and have some knocks and dings. For some reason they have "proven themselves" when they've been carried and shot that much.
What kind of holster do you prefer? Kydex or Leather?
Old 02-05-2013, 23:58   #32
SgtRich

Quote:
Is Kydex better than leather or is it personal preference?
It's definitely a personal preference.

My personal preference is Kydex. The nice thing about the CrossBreed holsters is you have the advantage of Kydex on the pistol for fit and leather against your body for comfort.

For OWB holsters, you can't beat Raven Concealment, as others have stated.

Last edited by SgtRich; 02-06-2013 at 01:12..
SgtRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 00:25   #33
bruzer

I have tried both leather and Kydex. During the summer I sweat too much for leather and the poor Glock was actually showing signs of rust. I go Kydex year round because I can wipe dry the holster and Glock as needed. PJ Holster from this site is good and I currently use an X-Concealment IWB. And yes the G21 is showing signs of carry/wear but that is exactly why I chose it.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike
bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08   #34
wacopolumbo

I have a bunch of holsters for my Glocks (sparks VM2, M-Tac, C-Tac, Raven, Alesi CQC-S, Galco concealable, Galco SOB, Galco Miami Classic, etc..). I like the C-Tac and VM2 for IWB carry. But honestly, when I carry OWB, I use the Glock concealment holster. With a riggers belt, it holds the weapon close and tight. Its easy to reholster, good for left or right side carry and only cost $15. I've had mine for years and its still going strong. It works for me for OWB. Every now and then I buy something expensive to replace it and I end up right back to it.

Try it, you might like it for OWB carry.

Learning from my mistakes since 1974
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:01   #35
akroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Show me a man with a pristine Glock; and I'll show you someone who either just walked out of a gun store with a brand new EDC, or a man who's no good with, at least, that particular gun.

As far as the gun goes, the only thing that matters is how well you handle and shoot your Glock. Get over it! The way you're going you ain't never going to be dangerous with one of those toys to anyone other than (Perhaps?) yourself.
Yeah, that ^^. It's a GLOCK, a tool, a weapon, and nothing more. Sweat on it, beat it, pound it, shoot the hell out of it and get GOOD with it because your life depends on it as well as everyone near you should you have to use it.

I carry a G19 or G36 in a Galco tac slide OWB. Can't stand IWB carry. The holster fits BOTH pistols too.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34   #36
danysw

I carry my G19 all days on Old Faithful Holster, very comfortable, sometimes I forgot that I'm carrying a gun.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20   #37
cjkoz1975

Ok. I've seen a lot of great suggestions. I have been looking at all of them. My next question is this after reading several IWB or OWB comments. Is it easy to conceal a G19 on an OWB rig? I personally having never carried think that I would be more comfortable carrying OWB. I just don't want to be that guy that just screams hey look at me I have a gun. I'm 6'2" 205lbs. I'm not obese but obviously not completely slim either.

Last edited by cjkoz1975; 02-06-2013 at 08:21..
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53   #38
sioux565

Quote:
Ok. I've seen a lot of great suggestions. I have been looking at all of them. My next question is this after reading several IWB or OWB comments. Is it easy to conceal a G19 on an OWB rig? I personally having never carried think that I would be more comfortable carrying OWB. I just don't want to be that guy that just screams hey look at me I have a gun. I'm 6'2" 205lbs. I'm not obese but obviously not completely slim either.
That is really going to depend on what you wear. Some people can conceal full size guns with ease, while for others it might be impossible.

I carry a G27 in a SHTF Gear hybrid holster. I have yet to find a holster better than this one. Carrying IWB will take sometime to get used to, so don't give up on it right away.
sioux565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11   #39
wacopolumbo

Quote:
Depends on your attire. In addition to all the other considerations you have when you decide to carry a gun, you have to think about what you wear. With an IWB holster, barrel/slide length isn't an issue. With IWB and OWB, the grip length can be a problem for some folks. Also, some states CCW laws wont even alow "printing" of a firearm. VA is not that stringent. Know the laws and try some different holster/clothing combinations. You will end up trying several holsters until you find the one that works for you. The good thing is that you can post the ones that don't in the classifieds and get some money back.

Learning from my mistakes since 1974
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29   #40
fusion_21

Crossbreed Supertuck with my G26, it's been the most comfortable holster I've used so far.
fusion_21 is offline   Reply With Quote