Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 20:36   #1
270win

Glock customer service 2nd to none!

I took a Glock 21 I bought cheap to Glock in Smyrna today. It's a 2nd gen and it came with a "New York" (8lb pull) trigger and a 10 round mag. Being a 2nd gen there was no rail for mounting a tactical light.

I called last week to ask what could be done to the pistol so that it would serve my purposes and was told to bring it in.

I arrived at Glock at about 11am and waited 45 minutes for the armorer to do the work on my gun. What I got back was my old 21 with a new frame (now has rail) and all new internals including an extended slide release. He also replaced the trigger group with a new 5.5lb trigger group. All the internals in the slide were removed, cleaned and replaced with brand new parts. While they were at it they asked if I wanted night sights for $57 installed...I did. And they even replaced the 10 round mag with a 13 round mag!

They only charged me $100 for everything plus the $57 for the sights.

To say that Glock impressed me is an understatement! I'm a customer for life and plan on adding several more to my arsenal.
270win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:49   #2
Glk30

Preaching to the choir...
Glk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:56   #3
GRT45
Transform & Win

Kudos to Glock, Inc. customer service and thanks for posting your story. Good grief, 270win, don't wait another four years for your next post. Post more often!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 02-05-2013 at 08:22..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:08   #4
rudybunt

WOOOOOHOOOO go Glock!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 13:41   #5
TSAX
USAF Vet

Thats great to hear, if I remember right there was a guy on here who shot over 100k in rounds through his G34 and they replaced his gun. Glock does have good customer service.

GSSF Member

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 13:46   #6
tuica

One reason why they are the industry leader. Cheers.
Old 02-05-2013, 14:41   #7
BlkBullitt

That's amazing service (I wish I lived near Smyrna).

Sadly, I've contacted them twice trying to get a copy of the owners manual for my Gen 3 G22 (didn't have one with it)... haven't received one yet. Would love to have them do a general check and clean on it as well.
BlkBullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:56   #8
ken grant

Took an old 17 in along with non-dropfree mags. They rebuilt the 17 with all new parts and traded out the old mags for new ones.

Same trip I took a Gen 2 23 and they said the frame was bad and needed to be replaced and I had to leave it there.
They told me it would take 2 weeks and 2 weeks from the day, Fed-X delivered it to my home. Now has a Gen.3 frame.

All above at no cost to me.
ken grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 23:37   #9
S. Kelly

You should have sold your gun in Massachusetts (pre-ban up here) for $599 and bought a new G21SF or Gen4.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31   #10
akroguy

They swapped out my G21sf w/ ambi mag release (stuck upon release of full magazine) for a brand new G21sf with night sights AND THREE mags. No charge.

Absolutely superb service.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:54   #11
SDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270win View Post
I took a Glock 21 I bought cheap to Glock in Smyrna today. It's a 2nd gen and it came with a "New York" (
I arrived at Glock at about 11am and waited 45 minutes for the armorer to do the work on my gun. What I got back was my old 21 with a new frame (now has rail) and all new internals including an extended slide release. He also replaced

Question, does your new frame have your old serial number? What days/hours are they open?

Damn, that is great customer service!

Last edited by SDR; 02-06-2013 at 06:56..
SDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43   #12
Shepard man

After reading this I decided to contact them about replacing the frame on my Gen2 17 for a railed one. They picked up on the first ring, transferred me to Tech Support who answered 3 seconds later and told me to mail it in with a hundred bucks.

I asked if the serial numbers would match and he said the frame would have a different serial.

I cannot express how awesome their phone service is!

Once the hubbub dies down they've earned my business on at least three more pistols.
Shepard man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19   #13
wirenut

I'm trying to decide about sending in a 21SF with ambi mag release that I recently purchased. I would usually avoid that model but got a decent deal of 436 OTD. (TEMPTED again and had a weak moment). LOL
wirenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27   #14
Z71bill

Call Ford - tell them you have a 64 Mustang and see if they will swap it our for a new one.

On second thought - I would rather have the 1964 over a 2013.

Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:26   #15
gocubs6

From what I've read, if you go in there personally, they take care of you. If you call them, good luck.
gocubs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 21:40   #16
Ace135

I wish I felt the same way. Today, I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4. The dealer said that Glock is only supplying one magazine because of how everything is in such short supply. When I got home with the gun I called Glock to see if this was true. They confirmed that it wasn't. I freely admit that I should have confirmed this before completing the purchase and this is really my problem and not theirs, but it sure would have felt good if they would have offered to help by providing a magazine or two or offering to sell me them at some sort of discount. Unfortunately, they just said that they were sorry to hear that this happened and I shouldn't do business with the same store again. Again, I'm not saying that this was their problem, but it sure would have felt good if they could have helped me out in some way. Oh well. I need to find a new firearms store.
Ace135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 22:32   #17
Glk30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace135 View Post
I wish I felt the same way. Today, I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4. The dealer said that Glock is only supplying one magazine because of how everything is in such short supply. When I got home with the gun I called Glock to see if this was true. They confirmed that it wasn't. I freely admit that I should have confirmed this before completing the purchase and this is really my problem and not theirs, but it sure would have felt good if they would have offered to help by providing a magazine or two or offering to sell me them at some sort of discount. Unfortunately, they just said that they were sorry to hear that this happened and I shouldn't do business with the same store again. Again, I'm not saying that this was their problem, but it sure would have felt good if they could have helped me out in some way. Oh well. I need to find a new firearms store.
I'd at least go back to the store and explain that you talked to Glock and see what they say. I wouldn't be happy until they gave two more mags. Then I would walk out and tell everyone I know to avoid them at all cost.
Glk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:55   #18
Shiloh228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace135 View Post
Look at the GlockBox...doesn't the label indicate how many mags are included with the gun? The box my Gen 3 G19 came in says "2 15RD"...and lo and behold, that's what was in the box...
Shiloh228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58   #19
silversport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh228 View Post
Look at the GlockBox...doesn't the label indicate how many mags are included with the gun? The box my Gen 3 G19 came in says "2 15RD"...and lo and behold, that's what was in the box...
this...mine do...

Bill
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15   #20
mojohanna

My gen 4 19 says 3 15rd. Helps if you do some research before you purchase so you know exactly what you are supposed to get. After all, it's not like buying a hammer.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
mojohanna is offline   Reply With Quote