Tactical Cat

congrats
Quiting habits can be a HARD road.
Old 12-26-2012, 18:52   #27
w30olds

Send a message via AIM to w30olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by packinaglock View Post
Funny thing is after all those years of dipping my dentist was always amazed that she couldn't tell I chewed. She said it was because I always brushed my teeth a couple times a day and would also wash out my mouth with water after most dips.
Yeah that's what I did. Brushed after every dip and used mouth wash. I usually only dipped in the evenings. Not a all during the day. Usually when I got home from work and was watching TV, or playing on the PS3

Sent from my iRotary Phone

Goodness and Mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
-Psalm 23:6
w30olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 18:56   #28
w30olds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWavs View Post
I tried a couple of times but that "weird" feeling you mentioned was too much for me on the first day or two. Almost like I was spaced out!! How long does it last?
Man I don't know what to tell ya on that. Mine seemed to bother me for about 2 weeks after I quit. It's the body going through nicotine withdrawals. Although nicotine will be gone from your body in 3-5 days the physical effects take awhile to go away.

Hang in there man! It will get better!!

Goodness and Mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Old 12-26-2012, 19:00   #29
w30olds

Quote:
I don't think about it but I did enjoy it. I tell all me buddy's " If I ever found out I was terminally ill I would probably start again because I actually enjoyed the habit".
I loved to dip. Liked the flavor. Mellowed me out. I didn't do it much around other people, or the wife at the time. Most folks dont even know I dipped

Old 12-26-2012, 19:07   #30
Malike

Very hard to quit. The physical need goes away after 24 hours, and unfortunately, the psychological need sometimes never subsides, and we all know how easy it is for our brains to make us quitters go back. I wish all of you working on your quits the best.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Malike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:43   #31
ILannoyed

Stay vigilant! Three years here and I still get cravings. Nowhere near as bad as they used to be, but there nonetheless. I wish I would have known how nicotene haunts you forever once you're hooked.

Good job. You can do it!
ILannoyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 21:27   #32
mdlott

I posted in your last thread, Olds, I've been quit from two cans a day for exactly 57 days. It hasn't been much fun, but the gum helps alot. Hang in there. We can be FREEEEEE again. LOL.
mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:18   #33
w30olds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlott View Post
I posted in your last thread, Olds, I've been quit from two cans a day for exactly 57 days. It hasn't been much fun, but the gum helps alot. Hang in there. We can be FREEEEEE again. LOL.
I recall your posts on my last thread. Glad to hear your still Hangin in on your quitting! Good for you man!
Hang in there!

Old 12-26-2012, 22:28   #34
Caver 60

Congratulations I'm pulling for you.

I always remember my uncle. He wasn't a dipper, but he was a three pack a day man. One day he said, "You know even hogs won't touch tobacco." And he quit cold turkey.

Passed a few years ago in his mid nineties. He was still active and in reasonably good health for that age. Died at home. I'm sure the tobacco would have killed him much sooner if he hadn't quit.

But the HOG comment applies to dipping as well as cigs.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:32   #35
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Congratulations!

Stay with it. Your mouth will thank you!

Old 12-26-2012, 22:36   #36
Averageman

Did David Gregory confiscate your snuff when he took all of your evil 30 round magazines too?
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:10   #37
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWavs View Post
I tried a couple of times but that "weird" feeling you mentioned was too much for me on the first day or two. Almost like I was spaced out!! How long does it last?
I remember that, almost like being in a bubble and the world was normal but you were in your own little world, really strange. The first couple of days your in like a cold sweat.
Old 02-05-2013, 16:56   #38
geneo696

I quit smoking 5 weeks ago at the age of 39. It was the second hardest thing I have ever done in my life. What was the hardest thing? Sitting in a Doctors office 6 weeks ago with my 49 year old sister and holding her hand while the Dr. told her "You have stage 4 lung cancer, Im sorry, theres nothing we can do."
geneo696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:03   #39
Cdoggsizzle

That's awesome, one day at a time. The longer you go the easier it gets, you are past the worst of it, don't go back now or you'll have to start all over again! November 13, 2011 I quit, he'll of a tough thing to do, damn glad I did. It helped justify a couple gun purchases along the way!
Cdoggsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:14   #40
boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
I quit dipping in 2007. I started again in 2009. It was a conscious choice. I wasn't happy without it and was eating a lot more. After 3 years I'm down 65 lbs. Which is worse for me?
Toss up, I'd say.

My Uncle just died from throat cancer, a rough road of surgeries and chemo. He was 77.

Loved that dip.

Of course, 77 is a pretty good age to croak. I'd be happy with it.
boozer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:42   #41
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozer View Post
Toss up, I'd say.

My Uncle just died from throat cancer, a rough road of surgeries and chemo. He was 77.

Loved that dip.

Of course, 77 is a pretty good age to croak. I'd be happy with it.
I had an uncle that chewed pouch from about 10 years old till mid 80's when he finally kicked from a heart attack.
Old 02-05-2013, 19:20   #42
boozer

Quote:
I had an uncle that chewed pouch from about 10 years old till mid 80's when he finally kicked from a heart attack.
My Dad never touched a speck of tobacco nor a drop of alchohol. Worked out, walked for miles, died of cancer at 59.

Smoke, drink, eat, chew if it makes you happy. We're not getting out of here alive. Enjoy it while you're here.
boozer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:35   #43
Drain You
NRA member

I'm not impressed, I've went my whole live without dipping.
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 20:25   #44
4095fanatic

Keep it up. I dipped for a little less than a year, a can a day. Then I saw a guy who was missing his lower jaw with a pouch taped to what was left of his upper jaw. I'm guessing it was cancer. Either way, to see someone that addicted... threw my can in the trash, haven't looked back since.
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 23:59   #45
d123gaw

I have been quit for 2 months on more than one occasion and always went back. The physical stuff wasn't an issue. My deal was always mental.
Just keep trying!
d123gaw is offline   Reply With Quote