SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2013, 18:32   #61
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
I miss my original Strikers a bunch, most comfortable boot I've ever worn by far. Check out the reviews on the new ones, they don't look very good if I remember right.
Yeah mostly positive but mixed..I may just try a pair though just to know if they are good or to avoid in future..gotta be better than the Converse,Hi Tec magnums, or others ive tried that sucked lol. Im assuming with the danner discount if the Acadia would have been $166 the Striker would have been even better deal.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 20:25   #62
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
I've had a pair of striker IIs, and they fell apart pretty quickly. I through them away the last time I moved. The leather was wearing through, the eyelets popped loose, and I think even the sole was separating after just a few months of wear when I worked for the state.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:32   #63
CBennett

Got the Lowa Super Camps today they are a fantastic boot. I cant find these anywhere less than $300 I paid $199 for them and they are well worth that. need broken in(wearing them now) but they fit great ran true to size and so far except being stiff and super comfortable. And they are even resolable which is a big + IMO. Cant beat the "glove leather" insides super comfy.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52   #64
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
Got the Lowa Super Camps today they are a fantastic boot. I cant find these anywhere less than $300 I paid $199 for them and they are well worth that. need broken in(wearing them now) but they fit great ran true to size and so far except being stiff and super comfortable. And they are even resolable which is a big + IMO. Cant beat the "glove leather" insides super comfy.
Do you have a link to them? I might have to check those out!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30   #66
CJStudent
Fenced In

Doesn't look like it'll clear the metal detector, though, with all those metal eyelets.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 13:08   #67
amd65

Send a message via Yahoo to amd65
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
Its off subject but does anyone know how to make a boot that's a bit too wide a bit tighter. My bates are so wide on the top part from my skinney legs the laces are eyelet to eyelet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Buy a set of flat, non arch contoured insoles. Put them under the OEM insole. They will take up some excess space in the boot.

I sell Redwing boots, and this is an old shoedog fitting trick.
Old 02-05-2013, 13:27   #68
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Doesn't look like it'll clear the metal detector, though, with all those metal eyelets.
youre probably right but I will let you know..i figured most no one with the Acadias can clear either lol so if id gotten those id still be in the same boat. Only the Patrols would have(several with these say they clear) but the patrols were only SLIGHTLY less than these so I went with these.. but your probably right though my Cochrans seem to have the same style(nad number) of seemingly metal eyelets(they are not plastic they are metal of some type..and they clear so maybe I will get lucky who knows.
Old 02-05-2013, 14:55   #69
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
youre probably right but I will let you know..i figured most no one with the Acadias can clear either lol so if id gotten those id still be in the same boat. Only the Patrols would have(several with these say they clear) but the patrols were only SLIGHTLY less than these so I went with these.. but your probably right though my Cochrans seem to have the same style(nad number) of seemingly metal eyelets(they are not plastic they are metal of some type..and they clear so maybe I will get lucky who knows.
Good luck, and let me know how it works out!

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 16:39   #70
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Who is a good dealer for the Lowas? Anyone running Haix boots?

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594

Last edited by Morris; 02-05-2013 at 16:41..
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:37   #71
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
Will try that. Thanks

Old 02-05-2013, 17:38   #72
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd65 View Post
Buy a set of flat, non arch contoured insoles. Put them under the OEM insole. They will take up some excess space in the boot.

I sell Redwing boots, and this is an old shoedog fitting trick.
Meant to say this in above post

Old 03-28-2013, 10:45   #73
Rinspeed
JAFO

Just picked up a pair of the Danner DFA hot uniforn boots for $60 in the Breakroom. Several sizes available right now, they look very close to the Strikers hopefully they fit as well.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02   #74
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

For those looking for something "athletic" and waterproof, look very hard at the Underarmour Tactical Mid GTX. I just picked up a pair ($170 retail / $135 from CHIEF Supply with 20% off promo, which I think has ended). Unbelievably comfortable, fit true to size, waterproof as advertised, etc. I've been kicking around starting a thread, but I don't care for boot threads.

Here's a pic:

Cop Talk

They don't look all grayish in the mesh areas in person...solid black.

-David Simon in "Homicide"

Last edited by DaBigBR; 03-28-2013 at 11:03..
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57   #75
CBennett

Well I can say the Lowas are some great boots, no they wont clear the metal detector the eyelets...just too much metal. But as far as comfort go probably the best ive had..they are pretty heavy duty and id say honestly took a good month to get broken in.