Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 20:43   #1
md21

Gen4 19 vs 21 Trigger

Hi everyone,

I'm the happy owner of a Gen4 19 and Gen4 21. The 19 went through the well-known ejection-to-the-head problems, getting an updated RSA at the gun shop, and finally going back to Smyrna for a new ejector. It's been absolutely perfect since then with about 1,000 flawless rounds.

Except for the trigger. The trigger on the 19 is awful - lots of creep and stack, long takeup, tight, gummy break. I've had a gunsmith check it, tried the "-" connector, the NY1 spring, a lightened firing pin safety spring, and have polished everything mirror smooth. I even filed down the Gen4 trigger bar bump a little, and smoothed it out. None of that really did much. It's a little lighter and a little smoother but still awful.

Then I brought home the 21 a few weeks ago and was shocked. The trigger in the 21 is amazing - extremely smooth, light and clean break, minimal takeup, fantastic reset. Honestly it's as good a trigger as many nice 1911s I've fired. It's bone stock and I'm not going to do anything to the gun except changing to Warren-Sevigny sights.

I understand that quality control can cause big trigger differences in Glocks, but:

1. Can anyone explain specifically why the 19 is SO BAD (even after all the work) while the 21 is SO GOOD? I hear from many people that the 21 trigger is outstanding - but why?

2. Can anyone recommend a realistic way to make the 19 trigger as good as the 21 using stock parts only (I want to stay with stock parts)?

Thank you very much.
md21 is offline   Reply With Quote