SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 16:10   #41
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship A'Hoy View Post
I've bought two Glocks at the LEO discount price by just showing my badge and credential in person at a local store.

I didn't sign any paper stating any intent on how to use it or resell it.
Ship,

If you re-read my post I didn't say anything about store sales other than if they sell the weapon to you at a reduced price and do not charge taxes they are a LE dealer for Glock. I have no experience with walking into a LE dealer and buying a Glock at LE price out the store. We have to order all our Glocks and that form is a requirement to get LE prices from any of our distributors on firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanglocking View Post
Same here. Just showed GT my EMT creds and paid for it and walked out.
Deadman,

That form I posted above is our GT Dist form for buying Glocks. We have to order them though, we can't walk in.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-

Last edited by spcwes; 02-04-2013 at 16:11..
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 18:11   #42
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
If you re-read my post I didn't say anything about store sales other than if they sell the weapon to you at a reduced price and do not charge taxes they are a LE dealer for Glock.

If anyone presents an agency letter, the purchase is tax exempt.

If you buy a gun without an agency letter, you're supposed to pay tax. If the LGS sells it to you without charging tax, it's a sales gimmick to close the deal. Every buyer loves to hear the salesman say "OK, I won't charge you tax." Basically the LGS is giving you a 4, 5 , 6, 7 percent discount (based on your local sales tax rate).

Personally, I've always countered by saying, "how about giving me a 20-percent discount, and I pay the sales tax."

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 02-04-2013 at 18:12..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote