Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:07   #51
Torontogunguy

How Bad Do I really Want This.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wagon View Post
If you truly want to challenge the media in regards to misinformation, the best thing you can do is properly introduce a person who is not a gun owner to the sport of shooting. Whether it's thru hunting, or target shooting, whatever it may be, take someone shooting. Help spread the "disease".
There we go! A great suggestion that should be added to a stickey list.

I take friends and relatives out to the range a couple of times and when they ask "when can we go to the range" I take them and put an application form in their hands. I also try to spend one weekend every year introducing Scouts to shooting sports and to that end I purchased five Ruger Mk III's and a few .22 rifles (two of olympic quality 25 years ago). Our club gets a load of members out so that every Scout has a mentor at arm's length. No distractions. They have a ball and in the 15 years that I have been doing it I have seen loads of Scouts and Air Cadets join up. I likewise take friends and family... and if every one of us brought in one single new shooter each YEAR who loved the sport and understood self defense as we do, our problems might better be handled.

I make it my business to try and contact politicians, media and, generally, folks that are fed BS and set the record straight. That's just my part, but imagine if we ALL did the same? Somewhere on here I have a pamphlet of statistics from credible sources like the FBI that I use. If I find it I am going to try and post it or at least a link to it as it is online as well.

GREAT idea. Print out the PDF attachment at the very top of this post and stick it on your fridge and gunsafe if you have one.
There's no such thing as too much training or too much practice....
Torontogunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:23   #52
Laslo

I don't think the news will ever change and sadly there are too many sheep just believing every lie they are told. It's a bunch of crap but, I don't think it will ever change.
Laslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11   #53
Torontogunguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laslo View Post
I don't think the news will ever change and sadly there are too many sheep just believing every lie they are told. It's a bunch of crap but, I don't think it will ever change.
Laslo: Unfortunately, you are probably right, FOR NOW. It is only the bad news that the news media wants to hype these days. I love Nancy Grace. Every time I am playing channel hop on the remote for the TV (We have hundreds of channels) and I come across Nancy Grace, my stomache literally turns. She takes the most heinous events and harps on them for hours and for days and for weeks.... I just, frankly, find her disgusting and obnoxious. But she gets listened to!

The only way we are going to change the media is if we let them know that there are thousands of us out here that find their style of reporting and their lies and deceit sickening. And the only way we are going to do that is by letting them know by fax, mail, email, etc. Pummel them with the truth!

Taking a friend or relative out to the range will bolster our numbers and make folks less paranoid about firearms as well. I posted "An Opinion on Gun Control" that I found on Facebook a couple of days ago. It is well worth printing and handing out or mailing to news reporters along with the empirical data that shows the truth.

La Pierre may have sounded like a quack when speaking on television just after Sandy Hook, but he was hitting the nail right on the head. The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun from committing an atrocity is a GOOD GUY with a gun.

I have known this for a short while. My Dad opened up recently and started talking about WWII. He spent four years living in the forest in holes in the ground with women and children; entire families. He created big problems for the Nazis and discovered very quickly that it took an armed partisan to rid the world of a whacko Nazi bent on murder, rape and atrocities. They would kill Nazis in their sleep and steal their guns and ammo. Many of my fathers friends died in doing so, but once armed, it was much easier to stop THE BAD GUYS. Rocks and sticks simply did not work very well.
THAT is what La Pierre was talking about and the nation laughed at him. Yet subsequently we find out that many of our schools are, in fact, 'protected' by armed guards.... NOW!

What if EVERY school was no longer a 'gun-free' zone and several teachers and other staff were armed? I would suggest that a Sandy Hook would never happen again. Ever.

Now, the trick is to get the mass media to buy in by providing them with empirical data and rational opinion like posted elsewhere on this forum. Maybe, just maybe, we can begin to convert the press to seeing the correct picture. And this Piers Morgan guy is THE HEIGHT of obnoxious. He does not report the news. He is a one man crusade on behalf of the Brady crew.

Sit back and do nothing and we will lose our liberties.
There's no such thing as too much training or too much practice....
Torontogunguy is offline   Reply With Quote