SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:00   #151
PVolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
Just got a response from my Rep: This guy's the real deal!
I wish more politicians shared Mr. Benton's point of view.
Old 02-05-2013, 19:47   #152
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVolk View Post
I wish more politicians shared Mr. Benton's point of view.
Me too. I sent him a response back the following day:

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for responding to my email. I am thankful to see that we have Representatives who know what the People want, and who listen to us, without a biased agenda, using common sense and reason, rather than emotion. As an NRA member and CWP holder, it makes me feel like a valued citizen of Washington State. I thank you for that.

I own numerous firearms, and I cannot imagine that any Assault Weapons Ban would work in any way. Even a magazine limit would be pointless, and I am glad to see that you agree. I also own an AK-47 that I purchased legally some years ago and, despite what the Media wants to portray "Assault Weapons" like, this rifle has never "Assaulted" anyone. "Assault" is an action, not a weapon. I wish more people would understand that.

Thank you again for your tireless support of our 2nd Amendment, and thank you for your hard work for our State. I look forward to seeing what you can do to stop this sensless and pointless Assault Weapons Ban, as well as a common-sense approach to Mental Health and violence in general.

Sincere Regards,

-Name and phone-number.
Old 02-05-2013, 20:56   #153
frank4570
Feral human

This thread is a great reminder. I just sent an email to everybody.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:28   #154
Palouse
Lifetime Membership
The Resistance

Maria Cantwell below. I never did hear from Patty Murray. My rep., Cathy McMorris Rodgers, sent a favorable letter, but that's to be expected from an Eastern WA representative.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Palouse,

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun ownership and violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you know, on January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a series of legislative proposals and executive actions intended to reduce gun violence. I applaud the President's efforts to close gun purchase loopholes and to create new tools for further background checks.

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a bill to regulate assault weapons (S. 150) on January 24, 2013. The proposed legislation bans certain military-style, semi-automatic weapons, and makes it illegal to produce, import, or sell magazines with capacity over ten rounds. The bill has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, where it is currently awaiting further debate and review.

In the past, I supported the original Assault Weapons Ban and the Brady Bill, as well as the Youth Handgun Safety Act of 1993, which prohibits juveniles from possessing or receiving handguns. I look forward to work with my colleagues in the Senate to strengthen responsible legislation to rein in gun violence. We need to work to close the loopholes in existing laws that allow criminals and children to gain access to firearms contrary to the law's intention. One example is the well-known "gun-show loophole" which allows people to purchase firearms at gun-shows without undergoing the background check required when guns are bought from licensed dealers. Lastly, I believe we must support increased gun-safety and gun-use education.

I support the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding Washingtonians who own guns. I also remain focused on addressing the deeply troubling violence in this country and making our state and our country as safe as possible for all people, including our most vulnerable citizens, our children. I believe both of these goals are important and can be simultaneously accomplished through common-sense gun laws and stricter enforcement of existing laws.

Along with addressing gun violence, making services for the mentally ill and their families more accessible will encourage those suffering from mental illness to seek needed care and support. Mental health care is a critical component of our healthcare system and an individual's overall health status. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, approximately one in 17 Americans suffers from a seriously debilitating mental illness. I care deeply about mental health care and understand the important role behavioral health services play in the lives of both those who suffer from mental illness and their family and loved ones.

Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator
Old 02-06-2013, 19:14   #155
Dan88Iroc

I received a reply from Representative Bachmann today. I am so glad she represents my district:

Dear Dan,

The Second Amendment establishes the right of Americans to protect and defend themselves and their families. However, President Obama and some members of Congress are doing everything they can to increase gun control without prudently considering all factors associated with violence.

Rest assured, I will not vote for any legislation that breaches "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" and will continue to unwaveringly support the Second Amendment during the 113th Congress. When I took the Oath of Office I solemnly swore that I would support and defend the Constitution of the United States and that is exactly what I will do.

My record is clear on the Second Amendment in the 112th Congress. I cosponsored bills that would have: increased concealed carry permit reciprocity between states; improved accountability and consistency in firearms testing by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; prohibited funding for enforcement of any forthcoming United Nations Arms Treaty; and protected the right to hunt and recreationally shoot.

Making our society safer and stronger is an important decision. To prevent future tragedies we must address the underlying causes of violence and understand why perpetrators do these unthinkably evil acts. The focus needs to be on making our homes, schools, and streets saferónot advancing a political gun control agenda.

If you have any comments or questions regarding this issue or any other, please contact me or my staff in the district office in Anoka or the Washington, D.C. office.

This mailing was prepared, published, and mailed at taxpayer expense.

Sincerely,

Michele Bachmann
Member of Congress

Dan88Iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:26   #156
frank4570
Feral human

They have to be sick of hearing from me by now.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 02-07-2013, 06:37   #157
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKMAGICK View Post
To those of you using or that may use the "send to all" site check the page that appears after you submit your letter, it may tell you that some didn't go through. It told me it wasn't able to send to Bill Nelson and that I should print a copy of my letter and mail it to him. It did not give a reason why.
Had the same problem with Ted Cruz, once his senate website came up, that resolved. It might be an issue with slow IT support at the capital for the new members. Mine are going through fine now.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-07-2013 at 06:38..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40   #158
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
They have to be sick of hearing from me by now.
When they start acting responsibly, then we'll give them silence. Until then, they can be as sick as they want. Honestly, the letters are probably not being read, but they are being tallied, of that, I have no doubt.
Old 02-08-2013, 17:58   #159
JBG30

Finally got a reply from Bob Casey. F'em

Quote:
Dear Mr. ---------:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about recent proposals related to guns. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

As you know, on December 14, 2012, an individual in Newtown, Connecticut forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and opened fire on teachers and staff in the building. In total, the perpetrator murdered 20 students between the ages of six and seven years old, as well as six adults, many of whom heroically sought to stop the shooter and save the lives of children. Like many Americans, I was deeply affected by the scope and brutality of this act. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

The motives that led to this senseless massacre will likely never fully be comprehended. However, I believe that all public officials have a responsibility to work to prevent such an event from occurring again. This incident reflects a complex problem that requires a comprehensive strategy, including funding for law enforcement officers and the mental health care system. Too many individuals with mental illness are not receiving the services they need and tragically, sometimes a small number of these individuals turn violent. I have supported access to affordable and accessible mental health services for all Americans and I will continue to review proposed solutions to improve our mental health system. As lawmakers consider an appropriate response to this challenging issue, we should consider all of the factors that could prevent such heinous acts.

As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Pennsylvania has a fine hunting and sporting tradition, and I will defend the right to bear arms as it is enshrined in our Constitution. I will continue to back the right to bear arms for purposes of self-defense, recreation, sporting and collection. However, I also believe that the attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School highlights very serious dangers posed to public safety by the misuse of certain weapons and technology originally developed for warfare. According to reports, the shooter was able to kill many children and adults very quickly because he possessed a military-style semiautomatic weapon. He also allegedly used magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition and carried hundreds of rounds more. After much reflection and careful study of the issue, I have decided to support a federal assault weapons ban as well as legislation restricting high capacity magazines. In light of what occurred at Sandy Hook, these are two measures that will lessen the chances that this will happen again. Before supporting such a law, I would first and foremost ensure that it did not unduly abridge the right to bear arms as established by the Second Amendment.

Our Nation has already begun a critical dialogue as we examine what steps must be taken to prevent this type of tragedy in the future. On January 17, 2012, President Obama unveiled a package of proposals to reduce gun violence, which included strengthening the system of background checks, reinstating the assault weapon and high-capacity magazines ban, improving school safety and expanding access to mental health services. I look forward to reviewing these proposals in detail and to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to address this complex issue.

On January 24, 2013, Senator Dianne Feinstein of California introduced S. 150, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013. This legislation would explicitly permit the possession of affected firearms that were owned prior to the billís enactment; firearms that are manually operated; firearms used by military, law enforcement and retired law enforcement; and antique weapons. Further, this legislation lists 2,258 hunting and sporting rifles and shotguns that are entirely exempt from the ban.

This legislation would ban the sale, transfer, manufacturing and importation of all semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one of seven specified military features. S. 150 would further ban semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one of certain listed military features, as well as ammunition magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds. The Assault Weapons Ban would also regulate the transfer and storage of permitted, grandfathered weapons and allow local law enforcement to use certain federal funds for voluntary gun buyback programs. The Assault Weapons Ban was referred to the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that should this legislation come before the full Senate for consideration, I will have your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator
JBG30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:19   #160
frank4570
Feral human

I got this today. Not pleased.

Dear Mr. frank4570:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on proposals to reduce gun violence. I appreciate hearing from you.

No one can deny that gun violence is a serious problem in this country today. We owe it to the victims of the growing number of mass shootings to vigorously debate specific and comprehensive proposals that can keep our communities safer. The right approach focuses on many issues - improvements to the mental health system, better security protocols and common sense rules about gun use, including keeping firearms out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

When I was on the Richmond City Council in the 1990s, our city was mired in an epidemic of gun violence that included the city having the second-highest homicide rate in the United States. The most successful step we took was implementing Project Exile, a program that involved federal prosecution and tougher penalties for gun crimes that were previously treated more leniently in state courts. Celebrated by diverse groups engaged in the gun violence debate - including the National Rifle Association and the Brady Campaign - the program helped drive down Richmond's homicide rate by nearly 60 percent within a few years.

In 2007, the tragic shooting at Virginia Tech revealed glaring weaknesses in campus security protocols at colleges and universities, in our mental health system and the gun background check system for gun purchases. In a bipartisan spirit, I worked with then-Attorney General Bob McDonnell to immediately improve our background check system and issued an executive order ensuring that those adjudicated to be mentally ill and dangerous would be entered into a national database and barred from purchasing weapons. We also changed standards for mental health treatment and increased funding for community health programs while dramatically improving campus security and efforts to assist college students suffering from mental stress.

In January I attended a round-table event in Richmond with Vice President Biden on gun violence, to talk about the lessons learned in Virginia and the need for a comprehensive approach to these problems. As your U.S. Senator, I will work to bring that kind of comprehensive approach that will strengthen the safety of our communities, while protecting our Second Amendment rights. As a gun owner who worked with others to constitutionally guarantee Virginians the right to hunt, I know that you can be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment without tolerating the gun tragedies that are too often a part of our daily lives.

Concerning specific proposals, I am a strong supporter of universal background record checks. This is the only way we can enforce existing laws that prohibit dangerous individuals from purchasing guns. I am open to supporting legislation placing reasonable limits on high capacity magazines, combat-style weapons and gun trafficking if they are carefully drafted.

Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind as Congress continues to debate strategies to reduce gun violence. Thank you once again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Tim Kaine

Old 02-08-2013, 19:22   #161
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

Senator Mitch McConnell's response:

The Okie Corral
Old 02-12-2013, 16:46   #162
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
State democrats introduced three bills today. I sent the following to the governor.

Hello Governor Branstad! I received notice from the NRA today about three bills introduced by Iowa Democrats to further restrict the 2nd amendment rights of law abiding Iowans. Obviously, as a lawful and politically active gun owner, this attack is of great concern to me. The first bill HF163 bans the sale and transfer of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. The second bill HF164 bans the private sale or transfer of firearms (obviously this bill goes beyond expanding background checks and puts undue burden on ALL law abiding gun owners). The final bill is HF165 which seeks an end around by allowing the DNR to ban certain ammo types. As an active Republican and gun owner, can we count on you to veto any such bills that make it to your desk? What is your stance on the renewed calls for restricting the rights of law abiding gun owners?

Thank you for your time. I appreciate you taking the time to allow me to voice my concerns.
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 17:16   #163
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

I sent this to ALL my state and federal pols.
Quote:
The Second Amendment protects citizens from criminals and the threat of tyrannical government.
Any new gun legislation will not affect criminals, because, by definition, they do not obey laws.
Gun control measures have not reduced crime. Chicago and Washington D.C. have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, yet, their crime and murder rates are some of the highest.
Australia and the UK have strict gun laws, yet, they continue to have serious crime.
Since these facts are irrefutable, I can only assume that anyone who supports more gun control is in favor of citizens being helpless in defense against criminals and the threat of tyranny.
If you support ANY new gun legislation, I cannot support you.
Most sincerely,
me
Old 02-12-2013, 17:28   #164
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I'm in D.C. for the week. I visited Sen. Ted Cruz's office and met with one of his staffers, met with my congressman's Chief of staff. Both are pro-gun guys, so what I said was mostly preaching to the choir. Still, helps for them to hear it in person from someone willing to get on a plane to tell them.
Old 02-12-2013, 22:52   #165
frank4570
Feral human

Done. Again. This is always a useful thread.

And I just picked up 2 ar lowers. Trying to do my part in other ways.

Old 02-13-2013, 18:48   #166
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

My first reply, from a stater (and boob, apparently)...
Quote:
Thanks Paul for your email on gun control measures. I want you to know that I support the rights of law abiding citizens to bear arms. As an Emergency Physician I am also aware of the injuries that occur as the result of gun violence and pray that we can do something to reduce this harm. The measures you reference are in the house still and I will look forward to their progress through the system and their arrival in the Senate. I am evaluating each bill individually and will await their transit to the senate if they do occur. Thank you again for the email and look forward to discussing this issue as it progresses.
Best,
Nathan

Nathaniel Schlicher, MD, JD
Senator for the 26th District

Sent from my iPad
Old 02-13-2013, 18:49   #167
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I'm in D.C. for the week. I visited Sen. Ted Cruz's office and met with one of his staffers, met with my congressman's Chief of staff. Both are pro-gun guys, so what I said was mostly preaching to the choir. Still, helps for them to hear it in person from someone willing to get on a plane to tell them.
Good job, taking advantage of the opportunity, to be in the nation's cesspool.
Old 02-13-2013, 19:08   #168
John Galt
Anti-Federalist

Just received this e-mail from Senator Joe Donnelly (D).

Dear Mr. Galt,

I am a supporter of the Second Amendment, and I have voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut. It is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like that happening again.

Whether a gun owner or not, a Democrat or a Republican, everyone would agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern is not those who follow the law, but those who do not. For this reason, I will not support legislation that would ban the sale of assault weapons to those who obey the law. I will, however, give serious consideration to proposals that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, while preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance.

The only person that makes slavery possible... is the slave.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:22   #169
OneBigDude

From Gov John Kasich:

Like all Americans, I was horrified as the tragedies of Friday, December 14th unfolded in Newtown, Connecticut. The deplorable act of violence that took the lives of innocent children and adults is beyond reason, and I pray that, in time, the families of the victims and the people of that community are able to find peace.

As you no doubt recall, we were all reminded of the evil that exists in our world when six students were shot, three fatally, at Chardon High School in Geauga County on February 27th, 2012. In the aftermath, the heroic stories of the first responders, teachers and staff who acted swiftly and selflessly to protect others showed true courage.

Since that tragic event, and in the wake of the recent tragedy in Newtown, the absolute necessity for school officials, parents, students and first responders to be trained and practiced in responding to these unthinkable crimes is of utmost importance. Various state and local agencies, including the Ohio Office of Homeland Security and the Ohio Department of Education, have worked collaboratively to implement, review and drill response plans. Moreover, these occasions of violence and heartache should give us all pause to think about how we treat each other, and the value we as a society place upon every life.

With regard to calls for legislation in response to these events, it is my belief that we will be best served by enforcing those laws that currently exist. And, in the weeks and months that follow, we should learn as much as possible about how this happened, and what steps we can take, including mental health awareness and school safety protocols, to guard against the senseless loss of innocent life ever again.

I appreciate your taking the time to write. Please join me and my family in continuing to keep the communities of Chardon and Newtown, and all innocent victims of violence, in our prayers. Thank you.
OneBigDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:23   #170
OneBigDude

Thank you for expressing your concerns over gun control and access to mental health care.

When our children and families are no longer safe at our schools, in our malls, and in our movie theaters, we as a country must take action. The shocking numbers of public shootings throughout the country last year, culminating in Newtown, Connecticut, demand that we engage in a serious national discussion.

Many people have expressed concerns about holes in our mental health care system that contributes to violence. Though people with mental illness are not at an increased risk of behaving violently in general, there is a subset of individuals with mental illness who are at risk of violent behavior of the kinds we have seen in public gathering places.

Over the last few years, Congress has passed laws to improve the mental health system so individuals in need of psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and support do not fall through the cracks. Several components of these laws have yet to be fully implemented.

In a bipartisan effort to ensure that mental and behavioral health services are covered by insurance in a manner equivalent to medical and surgical services. Congress passed the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act in 2008 This law prohibits insurance companies from arbitrarily limiting the number of hospital days or outpatient treatment sessions a patient is granted, as well as prohibiting higher copayments or deductibles for subscribers who seek psychological services. Such practices by insurance companies were both wrong and counterproductive. This legislation will help the 54 million Americans with mental illness gain access to appropriate and affordable treatment. My Senate colleagues and I have been working with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to ensure this law is fully implemented. Additionally, I and several of my colleagues sent a letter to President Obama asking him and HHS to fully implement the law.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is also working to improve access to mental and behavioral health services. Individuals in Ohio who have been denied insurance coverage due to a pre-existing mental health condition can now access the new Ohio High-Risk Insurance pool. For more information on the high risk pool or to sign-up for coverage, please visit http://www.insurance.ohio.gov/Docume...skPoolFAQs.pdf

The ACA immediately eliminated pre-existing coverage exclusions for children. Kids will no longer be denied coverage — or have services excluded from coverage — as a result of pre-existing conditions. Additionally, parents of young adults can now maintain coverage for their children until age 26. Serious mental illness is often first noticed in the late teens or early twenties, when the brain is changing rapidly and when pressures to perform are great. It is crucial that young adults with existing or emerging mental illnesses not experience lapses in coverage at this time of high risk.

Beginning in 2014, insurance companies can no longer deny coverage to individuals with mental illness and insurers cannot use mental illness as a reason to raise premiums. HHS also established an essential benefits package — a set of health care service categories that must be covered by most plans — that will take effect in 2014. Mental health and substance abuse disorder services will be part of this package.

The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act and the ACA represent tremendous strides forward for mental health coverage and access. However, we must also re-examine our mental health safety net, which has faced unrelenting budget cuts, reducing access for some our most vulnerable citizens.

Finally, we must work to reduce the stigma attached to mental health treatment, and find ways to support families who are concerned about the mental health status of their loved ones. It is essential that families know about the mental health resources available to them, and that they understand they have allies and other resources to which they can turn. Education about signs of mental illness, how to obtain a mental health screening, and how to access treatment services are simple but key ingredients to a successful national plan for managing mental health crises.

Gun violence is a complex issue and we must work together to uphold our Constitution while at the same time ensuring that our communities are safe. We can and must act to make such tragedies less likely in the future. Should any legislation concerning gun control and access to mental and behavioral health care come before the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator
Old 02-13-2013, 19:24   #171
OneBigDude

Thank you for contacting me regarding your Second Amendment rights. As a new Member of Congress, I am excited to have the opportunity to represent you and the 14th Congressional District. I am grateful for the chance to shape America’s future and your input is essential in my quest to do so.
I am a strong proponent of Second Amendment rights believing law-abiding citizens have every right to protect their families and homes. Recently, there have been a number of bills introduced in the House restricting firearm access, sales or both. I will keep your views in mind as we continue to debate gun control legislation in the 113th Congress.
Thank you again for taking the time to contact me, I appreciate you giving me the chance to respond. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns regarding your federal government.

Sincerely,

David P. Joyce
Member of Congress

DJ/cs
Old 02-13-2013, 19:27   #172
LEOson

I've got Claire Mccaskill as my senator and Lacy Clay as my rep. **** me.

Last edited by LEOson; 02-13-2013 at 19:28..
LEOson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:36   #173
pipedreams

This is a local state guy concerning state issues.

DearRon

Thanks for your email and sharing the concerns you have with government enacting more restrictions on gun ownership. It is important that I know your concerns. The information that you provided is most helpful if and when any legislation may come before me to act on. I believe we have too many restrictions on gun ownership today and we certainly donít need anymore. The people who obey the laws are not the problem and the people who do not obey the laws certainly are not going to automatically start with the passage of a new law.

I don't expect any more gun laws to be passed in Iowa this year. My biggest concern is with our President and his executive orders. He defiantly seems to have an agenda against guns.

Your suggestions will help me do a better job of representing you as we work on legislation this session. Please be assured I will keep your concerns in mind when voting on issues that come up before the legislature.

Also, do not hesitate to call me at the Statehouse during the week at 515-242-64xx or on my cell phone at 319-750-14xx if this is an issue that you would like to discuss with me in more detail.

Thanks again for writing!

Tom Sands
Ways & Means Chair

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:04   #174
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOson View Post
I've got Claire Mccaskill as my senator and Lacy Clay as my rep. **** me.
Make sure they don't forget that a lot of people don't agree with their ridiculous ideas.

Old 02-14-2013, 17:46   #175
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Most recent reply, and an encouraging one:
Quote:
Dear Paul,

I agree with you. Right now there are a number of gun bills---many are reactionary and don't acknowledge the real issues of mental health and guns in the wrong hands. It doesn't make sense to regulate and tax those that are not the issue---the problem we are trying to solve needs defining, then we can work on solutions.

Jan Angel
State Representative
26th Legislative District