SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 17:58   #76
misunderestimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2extrm View Post
I think a number of people treat the magazine laws and some of the other laws like they are no big deal. You see guys with collapseable stocks on ARs and maybe Pmags, but you can tell the guns brand new and IIRC Pmags were not around in 1994 when the ban was enacted. People feel its no big deal, how am I going to caugh, what are they going to do arrest me. The reality is it is a big deal. I don't think the law is right, I don't think it will stop a mass shooting, but it can put a regular guy in jail. Yes you are a criminal if you break these laws, so it's hard to call him a honest guy or to imply he is not a criminal.

It sucks, it's not right, but if you break the law, no matter how unjust the law is, you get arrested. Why I won't take the chance with the new law or the old.
I could not agree with you more,

Did anybody watch the senate hearing about gun laws? Well one of the things that the pro gun people discussed was the lack of federal gun charges ,and enforcement of existing gun laws Unfortunately this guy may become the new poster boy of illegal gun and magazine sales prosecutions. this most likely will be a life altering event and very expensive
misunderestimated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:09   #77
philipk

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
The ban on 30 round mags is a violation of the constitution. I'll throw in a few bucks for a lawyer if somebody will fight this.
What court declared that?

Please understand I do not support bans on magazines. However there is nothing in the language of the second amendment to state that you can't limit magazine size.

It isn't there. No matter how much you stretch the Second Amendment there is no way possible to come to the conclusion that you cannot limit magazine size.

Heller vs DC made it quite clear that you can regulate firearms.

I know what I am writing is not popular. We cannot stand behind the Second Amendment on this issue. So we have to stand up for the merits of the case.

G20 (OEM and Lonewolf 6" barrels), G23 (.40 + .357 SIG), G27 (.40 + .357 SIG), G35 (.40 and Lonewolf 9mm)

Last edited by philipk; 02-02-2013 at 18:13..
philipk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19   #78
The Fed

Update: Mr. Haddad is awaiting Grand Jury action. The DA, despite an Internet campaign not to pursue the charges said Mr. Haddad is legitimately charged with violating the 1994 NY state law.

Last edited by The Fed; 02-04-2013 at 09:20..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40   #79
RussP

Thanks, TBO...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nathan+Haddad
Quote:
Originally Posted by misunderestimated View Post
That link you posted was very cool,

I just read one of the articles it brought me to and it seems he was in a closed business parking lot and was approached by a LE and he explained he was going to sell some ar mags that were marked military use only.
Quote:
According to Jefferson County Sheriff’s office sources, Mr. Haddad was in the parking lot of a closed business at 7:30 p.m. when an officer asked him what he was doing. The police allege that the Fort Drum civilian employee said that he was meeting someone to sell the AR-15 style rifle magazines. A police source also said that the magazines were stamped with the words “Restricted. For military use only.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz2K1mQjBqT
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48   #80
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schild View Post
Legal defense fund, donate.

www.gofundme.com/1tkukc
Thanks, schild...

That site is also where Nathan's brother, Michael posts updates on what happened, is happening and will be happening.

You need to read his posts.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30   #81
philipk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Thanks, schild...

That site is also where Nathan's brother, Michael posts updates on what happened, is happening and will be happening.

You need to read his posts.
We need to especially read the posts.

His father wrote that we shouldn't go off half cocked.

His brother said NOT to call officials in New York about this case as it could hurt Nathan's defense.

When we discussed this in this thread, we are talking in theory. Calling officials about in is no longer just theory.

Let's respect their wishes. Donate to the fund and let his lawyers do their job.

As I said earlier, this is what is wrong with this type of law. It just makes good people criminals by statue.

G20 (OEM and Lonewolf 6" barrels), G23 (.40 + .357 SIG), G27 (.40 + .357 SIG), G35 (.40 and Lonewolf 9mm)

Last edited by philipk; 02-05-2013 at 08:31..
philipk is offline   Reply With Quote