Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 18:56   #1
Fox
Varmit Control

NRA likens universal checks to gun registry

Quote:
The NRA's Wayne LaPierre said on "Fox News Sunday" that background checks for all gun purchases would lead to a national registry of gun owners. Critics say such a registry could lead to taxes on guns or to confiscation.
http://news.yahoo.com/nra-likens-uni...-politics.html

The NRA is standing strong on the issue.

If you read the AP article, the liberals are claiming that NRA members want "reasonable gun control" and that it's only the leadership of the NRA that is hardline. They are such bold liars, but then it's how they have won elections.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:21   #2
Rustin

Good.

We should thank Gun owners of America for influencing the NRA not to budge.

www.gunowners.org

Last edited by Rustin; 02-03-2013 at 19:21..
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:44   #3
Kilrain
Señor Member

"Likens" it to gun registration? Really? It is, factually, gun registration.

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:49   #4
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
"Likens" it to gun registration? Really? It is, factually, gun registration.
FACT right there.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:55   #5
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Politicians can't be stupid enough to believe criminals will background check/register back alley gun sales.

Is this a fair statement?

Then the only reason to register guns is to eventually disarm the American citizen.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:59   #6
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
Good.

www.gunowners.org
Don't kid yourself, the GOA is not even on the radar.

You can thank people like Harlan Carter, Marion P. Hammer, and Kneal Knox who confronted the sportsmen faction in the NRA to bring the organization to adopt an uncompromising stance on gun laws and the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited by Fox; 02-03-2013 at 20:01..
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:20   #7
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Good.

www.gunowners.org
GOA sent out a fax?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:28   #8
raven11

Quote:
Good.

www.gunowners.org
never heard of them
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:31   #9
2bgop

Quote:
Good.

www.gunowners.org
Yeah, those mighty press releases about how awesome they are really changed the tide.
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:34   #10
plainsman

Berore you believe the antigunners new lies....

Ask them where, ever was their old lies worth a pile of manure? Anti-gun wackjobs don't even leave a few "Judas Goat Gunowners" out there to lead firearms owners to the slaughter.

They should be able to point to a single city somewhere that after they have their way with gunowners, rubber glove treatment and all, giving them your medical records, etc, that at least you should have totally unrestricted firearm access, and usage.

You can trust the the antigun wackos, just ask any NY gunowner.
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 21:15   #11
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Good.

www.gunowners.org
Yeah right.
Old 02-03-2013, 21:37   #12
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

The goal is to take away all gun rights, and anyone that contradicts that is lying. The prevailing efforts in the unending battle over the 2A, is to take away any and all gun rights, so the government feels they have no reason to fear us. The liberal only desire is to control conservatives. They believe in the end justifies the means even at your loss of freedoms.

Liberals believe they are the panecea for all social ills, and consider anyone that disagrees with them to be a hinderance and the enemy. They are completely willing to take away our rights to prove to us that we must toe their philosophical line.

They believe all good things come from the Government and we have no need, nor even a right, to provide for ourselves. No compromise on this.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 22:36   #13
harrygunner

This would be registration of firearms.

Obama's recent executive actions would need a lot more data sent to and stored by the government.

The feds will want to beef up their IT to register our status. http://www.informationweek.com/gover...haul/240147373

Los Angeles county, California gave us a small taste of how invasive it will get. Los Angeles county records gun purchases and lets you know they are watching owners:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2345364.html
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=693490
Old 02-04-2013, 05:49   #14
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Don't kid yourself, the GOA is not even on the radar.

You can thank people like Harlan Carter, Marion P. Hammer, and Kneal Knox who confronted the sportsmen faction in the NRA to bring the organization to adopt an uncompromising stance on gun laws and the 2nd Amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
GOA sent out a fax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
never heard of them
Old 02-04-2013, 05:56   #15
mgs
Always Carrying

That's the ultimate plan....to register people and guns. Think of the zillions of yellow forms the ATF has when shops close. This would be an all new data base that honest people would have to jump through to get a gun. All PA Handgun paperwork is to be destroyed after the instant check by State Police but it is not been done. PA could not afford to enter all that data anyways due to being as broke as everyone else......but if it was computerized, it would be very easy to track everyone.
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17   #16
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Anyone remember this?

"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily -- given the political realities -- going to be very modest. Of course, it's true that politicians will then go home and say, ‘This is a great law. The problem is solved.’ And it’s also true that such statements will tend to defuse the gun-control issue for a time.

So then we'll have to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen that law, and maybe again and again. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice.

Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years.

The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country.

The second problem is to get them all registered.

And the final problem is to make the possession of *all* handguns and *all* handgun ammunition -- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors -- totally illegal.

Pete Shields

[Pete Shields, Chairman, Handgun Control Inc. "A Reporter At Large: Handguns," The New Yorker_, July 26, 1976, 57-58]

Last edited by HerrGlock; 02-04-2013 at 06:18..
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33   #17
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

The bottom line is that GOA says all the right things but accomplishes nothing. They say what you want NRA to say in many circumstances. They can do so because they don't have the power to actually engage in the political trench warfare that the NRA does.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30   #18
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but does the Universal Background Check law being talked about require the 4473 information to be compiled in a Federal or State database?

If not, then how is it any different than the current law, as far as record keeping? The 4473 data is not centrally stored.

80-90% of all sales already run through the 4473 (I don't believe the BS 40% figure).

I'm not supporting this law in any form, I just find it interesting that they are calling it registration. If that's true, then we already have registration on 90% of all firearms sales.

Last edited by Fear Night; 02-04-2013 at 07:32..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39   #19
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but does the Universal Background Check law being talked about require the 4473 information to be compiled in a Federal or State database?

If not, then how is it any different than the current law, as far as record keeping? The 4473 data is not centrally stored.

80-90% of all sales already run through the 4473 (I don't believe the BS 40% figure).

I'm not supporting this law in any form, I just find it interesting that they are calling it registration. If that's true, then we already have registration on 90% of all firearms sales.
It's different because you're talking about mandating governmental interference for private sales of private property. Don't get wrapped up in the details because that gives those who want this a reason to keep harping on it.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote