GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 13:15   #126
nikerret
Mr. Awesome
 
nikerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 6,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Have to drag the game back somehow too.
I was referring to the way those coming from other areas would get to that type of location. If you live in that, I doubt you have to go far to get game.
__________________
-Ambition is only appreciated after success.
-3/325:Now, where's my dedicated bodyguard? Oh, yeah, he's staring back at me in the mirror.
-"Every fear hides a wish"
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:41   #127
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post

No I am not the one trying to "squirm away"
Haven't answered my question and wrote a lot of words because a lie needs a lot of words, the truth doesn't. See, I know people like you, you think you are the smartest guy around and everyone is just a country bumpkin you can talk into believing anything you say.

Tell us some more stories. I don't think anyone here believes them but they pass the time and put a smile on my face.
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi

Last edited by Dexters; 02-03-2013 at 13:44..
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:49   #128
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I was referring to the way those coming from other areas would get to that type of location. If you live in that, I doubt you have to go far to get game.
Indeed. There are only two roads that can get you the 15 miles from town to where I was standing. One is a country road that leads to a logging road and another is partially paved and runs through town. those 15 miles are logging road. in essence, it is our communities huge back yard with a major mountain range and rive as the back fence, with only two gates on the front side.

Game is abundant in those conditions and habitat population forces the game out of this inaccessible area into more accessible areas.

Now let's hear the armchair experts and there "What if, what if?" snivels. It is the same conditions as the 1930's with no noticeable increase in the human predator capable population. It didn't destroy the deer population then, and won't now. This is not your Daddy's neighborhood, nor is it where the "studies" were done. I have no doubt that there are places that will suffer devastating loses that is fact, it is also a fact that my area wasn't then and wouldn't be one of them now. What is so hard to grasp about a different location having different conditions?

Last edited by countrygun; 02-03-2013 at 13:49..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:53   #129
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
Haven't answered my question and wrote a lot of words because a lie needs a lot of words, the truth doesn't. See, I know people like you, you think you are the smartest guy around and everyone is just a country bumpkin you can talk into believing anything you say.

Tell us some more stories. I don't think anyone here believes them but they pass the time and put a smile on my face.
OK, how about this. You aren't here, you don't know this area, and you don't know what you are talking about. I don't know your area so if you say post SHTF hunting will damage your deer population, I believe you. Believe me, our conditions are different and it won't damage our deer population.

Was that too many words for your simple mind?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:57   #130
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post

Indeed. There are only two roads that can get you the 15 miles from town to where I was standing.
First you post a photo asking about roads and then saying there are two roads that you didn't include in the picture! Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:52   #131
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
First you post a photo asking about roads and then saying there are two roads that you didn't include in the picture! Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
Why don't you tell everyone what you now about my area and the country around here? Show off your great expertise.
Tell everyone how you know more about the region than I do.


If you could use logic you would have been able to figure out that I took that picture from the end of the logging road. Did you see any roads in that picture?

You are nothing more than an armchair quarterback shooting your mouth off about a place you've never been and don't really know squat about.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 16:08   #132
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Why don't you tell everyone what you now about my area and the country around here? Show off your great expertise.
Tell everyone how you know more about the region than I do.


If you could use logic you would have been able to figure out that I took that picture from the end of the logging road. Did you see any roads in that picture?

You are nothing more than an armchair quarterback shooting your mouth off about a place you've never been and don't really know squat about.
Still haven't answered my question. See you are squirming away, or at least trying. How does it make you feel to have a country bumkin who knows what you are and isn't buying what you are selling.
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 18:29   #133
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
Still haven't answered my question. See you are squirming away, or at least trying. How does it make you feel to have a country bumkin who knows what you are and isn't buying what you are selling.
Are you referring to your stupid question about a "hunting plan?" in all your garbage it's hard to sort it out. There is no such thing as "hunting plan" when you live in the game region. Yu hunt when you have to or can. You keep a capable firearm on you and take game by opportunity. Being a horseman helps getting where I want but all in all there isn't, and never has been much of a reason to go into the deep woods. The more easily accessed edges of the forest, where I reside, has never been emptied of game.

You like numbers and studies?
let's take a look at something.
you are from Georgia, correct?
Georgia has the has the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. combined the total 866,468 Sq acres.
You have 128,000 acres of State Parks and Forest
total 994,468 acres
Georgia has a population of 9,600,000

That is less the one million acres of National and State forest for over nine-and-a-half-million people.

In my County and the four other Counties in the geographically isolated region we have a National Forest that comprises

1,094,726 sq acres (that does not include State parks)

The total population of the four Counties?
195,600

That is more than one-million acres for one-hundred-ninety-five-thousand people.


It's no wonder you can't grasp it.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:11   #134
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Are you referring to your stupid question about a "hunting plan?" in all your garbage it's hard to sort it out. There is no such thing as "hunting plan" when you live in the game region. Yu hunt when you have to or can. You keep a capable firearm on you and take game by opportunity. Being a horseman helps getting where I want but all in all there isn't, and never has been much of a reason to go into the deep woods. The more easily accessed edges of the forest, where I reside, has never been emptied of game.

You like numbers and studies?
let's take a look at something.
you are from Georgia, correct?
Georgia has the has the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. combined the total 866,468 Sq acres.
You have 128,000 acres of State Parks and Forest
total 994,468 acres
Georgia has a population of 9,600,000

That is less the one million acres of National and State forest for over nine-and-a-half-million people.

In my County and the four other Counties in the geographically isolated region we have a National Forest that comprises

1,094,726 sq acres (that does not include State parks)

The total population of the four Counties?
195,600

That is more than one-million acres for one-hundred-ninety-five-thousand people.


It's no wonder you can't grasp it.
You're a dog that don't hunt. Squirm away.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
When the SHTF what is your hunting plan? What do you plan on hunting and how? I don't really expect you to give a good answer. You strike me as one of those city boys who moves to the country and never stops talking about who they know, what they own, what they did and all they know. Try to pin them down about anything and they squirm away. Folks raised in the country don't talk that way. We just roll our eyes listen to your stories and take your money. Do you know what a honey wagon is? I'm guessing you own a few.
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi

Last edited by Dexters; 02-03-2013 at 19:12..
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:38   #135
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
You're a dog that don't hunt. Squirm away.
Come on say something useful. Show where I am wrong and show that you know something about the subject.

You are just a little twit playing playground games.

Dry up and blow away like the cow patty you are.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:10   #136
Bravo 1
CLM Number 143
Serious Infidel
 
Bravo 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Have to drag the game back somehow too.


Really?

Because where I'm from it is very telling that THAT is an issue for you.
__________________
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- Albert Einstein

"Don't toy with me Ernie,I've already dispatched with Mr. Hooper,I've got six armed men stationed outside Big Birds nest,and as for Linda? Well its rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assasin approach now isn't it?-Stewy
Bravo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:15   #137
Bravo 1
CLM Number 143
Serious Infidel
 
Bravo 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Are you referring to your stupid question about a "hunting plan?" in all your garbage it's hard to sort it out. There is no such thing as "hunting plan" when you live in the game region. Yu hunt when you have to or can. You keep a capable firearm on you and take game by opportunity. Being a horseman helps getting where I want but all in all there isn't, and never has been much of a reason to go into the deep woods. The more easily accessed edges of the forest, where I reside, has never been emptied of game.

You like numbers and studies?
let's take a look at something.
you are from Georgia, correct?
Georgia has the has the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. combined the total 866,468 Sq acres.
You have 128,000 acres of State Parks and Forest
total 994,468 acres
Georgia has a population of 9,600,000

That is less the one million acres of National and State forest for over nine-and-a-half-million people.

In my County and the four other Counties in the geographically isolated region we have a National Forest that comprises

1,094,726 sq acres (that does not include State parks)

The total population of the four Counties?
195,600

That is more than one-million acres for one-hundred-ninety-five-thousand people.


It's no wonder you can't grasp it.

If I may,

Most of the retards, liberals, weak and stupid will die off in the first 3 to 6 months due to weakness, sickness, stupidity, being a victim and just bad luck.

After that, the strong will keep on keeping on.

All the numbers mean nothing.

Okay, back to your,

__________________
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- Albert Einstein

"Don't toy with me Ernie,I've already dispatched with Mr. Hooper,I've got six armed men stationed outside Big Birds nest,and as for Linda? Well its rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assasin approach now isn't it?-Stewy
Bravo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 21:55   #138
Donn57
Just me
 
Donn57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 1,066


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
In my County and the four other Counties in the geographically isolated region we have a National Forest that comprises

1,094,726 sq acres (that does not include State parks)

The total population of the four Counties?
195,600

That is more than one-million acres for one-hundred-ninety-five-thousand people.
It's no wonder you can't grasp it.
You appear to live in the Siskiyou area of the Rogue River Siskiyou National Forest located between Oregon and California. The total population of the counties that make up the entire national forest is about 700,000.

The total estimated population of deer in the two states combined is no more than 1,000,000.

The total population of California and Oregon is approximately 42,000,000. Even if only 10% (4.2M) people survive, and every deer in the two states can be found and killed, that's 1 deer for every 4.2 people. Then all the deer will be dead.
Donn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 22:15   #139
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 1


They'll bounce back.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 22:34   #140
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn57 View Post
You appear to live in the Siskiyou area of the Rogue River Siskiyou National Forest located between Oregon and California. The total population of the counties that make up the entire national forest is about 700,000.

The total estimated population of deer in the two states combined is no more than 1,000,000.

The total population of California and Oregon is approximately 42,000,000. Even if only 10% (4.2M) people survive, and every deer in the two states can be found and killed, that's 1 deer for every 4.2 people. Then all the deer will be dead.
At least you are somewhat brighter that ""Dexters" I'll give you credit for that.

The Siskiyou National Forest is at its closest about 300 miles from Portland which is the closest large city. The native populations of the Counties surrounding it total 195,600. Now given that there is all of the rest of the States of California and Oregon, it is doubtful that the entire populations of those States are going to head to this corner of the world. Or would you be that stupid? We are but one corner of a lot of territory, we happen to be pretty remote with one laughable two-lane road called a highway on one side and 1-5 on the other and a mountain range in between.

I doubt we would become the feeding table for two States. There just isn't anything else to draw people here in a crisis. We could probably sustain most of our population based on agriculture but not enough to draw folks in who aren't already here. We are not the best location in the region, which is to the benefit of the residents.

"Estimated populations" mean squat. I have personally seen wildlife surveys become "adjusted" to meet desired out comes.

Sorry but I am actually HERE not reading about it and hanging my hat on geusstimations.

Like I said, you are a little brighter than Dexters, a little at least. Now sit there in your overpopulated States and worry about the problems you will have.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12   #141
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,343
Does anyone remember when at least half of the posters on this forum were mature men and not name calling juveniles? Me, I miss those days.
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:23   #142
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Come on say something useful. Show where I am wrong and show that you know something about the subject.

You are just a little twit playing playground games.

Dry up and blow away like the cow patty you are.
You're a dog that don't hunt. And you don't know how to fish; no one is biting what's on your hook.

What's your plan when someone pulls a gun on you? Question them to death or talk them to death with all you know about country living.
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40   #143
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
At least you are somewhat brighter that ""Dexters" I'll give you credit for that.

The Siskiyou National Forest is at its closest about 300 miles from Portland which is the closest large city.
And you can't read a map - look at where San Fran and Sacramento are.

See what happens when you actually say something? You get it wrong.

Do you even know how many deer there are in the Siskiyou National Forest?

Keep on squirming.
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi

Last edited by Dexters; 02-04-2013 at 07:57..
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40   #144
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 1


That's quite simple,don't put yourself in that situation.Or have a over watch in place,everyones AO and plan/s are different.We plan on ghosting when the balloon goes up,knowing when ta GOOD is vital.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36   #145
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
And you can't read a map - look at where San Fran and Sacramento are.

See what happens when you actually say something? You get it wrong.

Do you even know how many deer there are in the Siskiyou National Forest?

Keep on squirming.
You are the one squirming quite frankly.

You had to ride on someone else's intellectual coat tails to figure out where I am. You aren't very impressive.

Your whole scenario is based upon a fantasy model of thousands of people streaming out of the cities to play "Batman of the Boondocks" That scenario dates back to the days of Mel Tappan in the late 70's. Coincidentally, Mr. Tappan located himself, guess where? On the eastern edge of the Siskiyou National Forest in "Rogue River, Oregon".
And BTW if you have ever heard of "Backwoods Home" magazine (Mas Ayoob writes for them) You might wonder why Dave Duffy moved the entire operation to the nearby town and took up residence here

Even Tappan missed the point of the historical lesson, but his predictions became a "taken for fact" projection in the minds of "survivalists" then and "preppers" now. Look at the years following 1929. People did not flock to the country in droves. quite actually the opposite occurred, those from rural areas move TO the cities seeking employment and to stand in soup lines. To think that the cities will empty is the height of over-aggrandizement of your own plans. Do you really think human nature has changed so much in 85 years (perhaps because of your divine birth) that the natural polls have reversed and people are suddenly going to do the opposite of what they have done in the past?

Do you really think that all those masses in the big cities who voted for Obama are going to suddenly give up the idea that Government can save them? They are going to chuck their beliefs and move to "Green Acres"? Every one of your ideas is a projection of that fantasy.

It must be tempting to think that you are part of a group of hundreds of thousands of people who will flee, there is comfort in numbers, and that is exactly why people will stay right where they are. I hate to break it to you, but they made the entertainment series "Doomsday Preppers" because such folks (maybe like all of us in this thread) are a curious, small, anomalous group in society. People are entertained by it, like they find the Amish based shows amusing, doesn't mean that everybody that watches is going to become Amish.

There wasn't a rush to the country in the thirties, there wasn't a rush to country in the eighteen nineties during that depression either.

There is actually no basis for your fantasy of a flood to the country. the reality of the nature of the masses and history does not support it, no matter how much you dream it. To project that all of California is going to head to the woods s some of you clowns have, is just another little-boy in the schoolyard "But what if ..." hypothetical to keep you fantasy fueled.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58   #146
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 1


Disagree,there was a rush ta the country.Them there "rushers" were them there that knew how ta live by their wits and skill.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:11   #147
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Disagree,there was a rush ta the country.Them there "rushers" were them there that knew how ta live by their wits and skill.'08.
Ever hear of "The Grapes of Wrath"? Were they moving from California to Oklahoma?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:16   #148
Donn57
Just me
 
Donn57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 1,066


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
At least you are somewhat brighter that ""Dexters" I'll give you credit for that.

The Siskiyou National Forest is at its closest about 300 miles from Portland which is the closest large city. The native populations of the Counties surrounding it total 195,600. Now given that there is all of the rest of the States of California and Oregon, it is doubtful that the entire populations of those States are going to head to this corner of the world. Or would you be that stupid? We are but one corner of a lot of territory, we happen to be pretty remote with one laughable two-lane road called a highway on one side and 1-5 on the other and a mountain range in between.

"Estimated populations" mean squat. I have personally seen wildlife surveys become "adjusted" to meet desired out comes.

Sorry but I am actually HERE not reading about it and hanging my hat on geusstimations.

Like I said, you are a little brighter than Dexters, a little at least. Now sit there in your overpopulated States and worry about the problems you will have.
I know that estimated deer populations can be off, but let's be serious, there are likely fewer deer than people, especially if you include the entire Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest and not just your half.

I included the deer population of California originally, but most of your forest is actually located in Oregon. The entire state has an estimated deer population of around 300,000. Unless you can demonstrate that you are better qualified to provide an estimate, I'll stick with that. The human population of the Rogue-River-Siskiyou National Forest is nearly 700,000. So people don't have to come from far and wide in order to deplete the deer population to the point where it would at least be difficult to find them - after all, you're talking about 1.7M acres total. That's a lot of area, although not the largest national forest in Oregon by a wide margin.

And your forest is just one of many National Forests in Oregon, all with their own deer populations. So even if the actual deer population were double or triple the estimates, there still wouldn't be enough deer to keep many people in venison for any extended period of time.

And, actually, Portland is the furthest large city. Eugene, Salem, and especially Medford are all closer. They are the second, third, and fourth largest cities in the state, respectively. True, they aren't nearly as big as Portland, but they're not exactly villages. But you're correct that you probably wouldn't get much traffic from any of those cities, except maybe Medford, because there are other national forests closer to all three of the other cities.

Look, I've got no dog in this fight. Figuring out where you're located was just a way to relieve the boredom. I'm just using figures that unless you can prove otherwise, I've got to assume are at least reasonably close to correct. I hope the figures are totally wrong and there are several million deer for you to hunt and that you live a wonderful life eating venison all the day long in the wake of any SHTF situation.
Donn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 14:53   #149
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,095
I'll chime in but don't really want to get into a debate. I just have an observation.

I've lived in the Pacific Northwest. I've been to the major cities in Northern California, Oregon and Washington. Most of the city population are weak and the males are mostly metro-sexual and won't survive this hypothetical SHTF. They don't have a clue how to hunt much less dress their kill. I'm not including the country people, I'm referring to the city dwellers.

So there would be plenty of deer and rabbit and squirrel and fish and shell fish and.....



Ok, start call ing me names now.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:15   #150
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn57 View Post
I know that estimated deer populations can be off, but let's be serious, there are likely fewer deer than people, especially if you include the entire Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest and not just your half.

I included the deer population of California originally, but most of your forest is actually located in Oregon. The entire state has an estimated deer population of around 300,000. Unless you can demonstrate that you are better qualified to provide an estimate, I'll stick with that. The human population of the Rogue-River-Siskiyou National Forest is nearly 700,000. So people don't have to come from far and wide in order to deplete the deer population to the point where it would at least be difficult to find them - after all, you're talking about 1.7M acres total. That's a lot of area, although not the largest national forest in Oregon by a wide margin.

And your forest is just one of many National Forests in Oregon, all with their own deer populations. So even if the actual deer population were double or triple the estimates, there still wouldn't be enough deer to keep many people in venison for any extended period of time.

And, actually, Portland is the furthest large city. Eugene, Salem, and especially Medford are all closer. They are the second, third, and fourth largest cities in the state, respectively. True, they aren't nearly as big as Portland, but they're not exactly villages. But you're correct that you probably wouldn't get much traffic from any of those cities, except maybe Medford, because there are other national forests closer to all three of the other cities.

Look, I've got no dog in this fight. Figuring out where you're located was just a way to relieve the boredom. I'm just using figures that unless you can prove otherwise, I've got to assume are at least reasonably close to correct. I hope the figures are totally wrong and there are several million deer for you to hunt and that you live a wonderful life eating venison all the day long in the wake of any SHTF situation.
You had better look at he population of Coos, Curry Josephine and Del Norte Counties again. They encapsulate the Siskiyou National Forest. Did your expert evaluation also include that huge sections of it are inaccessible? Did it happen to mention that those on the Josephine County side are almost completely unable to access much of it due to the geography? Did you look at that photo, which is just one tiny sliver of the huge forest? How do you figure the experts got out there and counted deer noses.

If we are having such an effect as it is, then why can I get two and sometimes three bear tags a year? If you know much of anything about animal populations you would know that deer far outnumber bear. We only get one deer tag a year to keep us in line with the State standard, but oddly enough they only station one ODF&W officer in this County. I don't think they are worried that folks around here poaching are going to damage the population, at least they don't do much about it.

You are sitting in one place, across the Country, and trying to tell me what my area is like? Based on what you think you have found on the internet? Really?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:46.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 774
230 Members
544 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42