Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 18:48   #1
flw

Illinois conceal carry gets House bill HB0997

Illinois is under a Federal court order to get conceal carry going in less than 180 days. For those in Illinois, there is now a House bill HB0997 that calls for just that.

For detail see http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStat...ionID=85&GA=98

Its never too early to send a email to all our State Reps and ask for there support even if they won't give it. It still lets them know your watching.......

To contact your Il. Reps by just using your zip code go to http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-l...your-reps.aspx

Put your zip code in and click on "Write all your State Reps at once" "Click Here" link.
flw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:33   #2
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext...Sess=&Session=

This bill also inlcudes universal reciprocity and allows non-residents to get a IL ccw.

Read the bill and it looks good.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 13:38   #3
Gunnut 45/454

Looks good! Even has protection to OC! I can see Chicago have a major cow - look for major push back from the thugs there! I didn't notice preemption though?
Old 02-02-2013, 14:04   #4
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Looks good! Even has protection to OC! I can see Chicago have a major cow - look for major push back from the thugs there! I didn't notice preemption though?
Yep, preemtion is in there.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 14:51   #5
sixgun2
packin heat

Would you be as so kind to define preeemption.
Old 02-02-2013, 19:03   #6
Gunnut 45/454

sixgun2
Thats where state law pre-empts local ordanaces, cities can't say no to carry! Big deal cause Chicago would say no in a heartbeat!
Old 02-02-2013, 19:07   #7
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Hope for you guys...

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 19:37   #8
domin8ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext...Sess=&Session=

This bill also inlcudes universal reciprocity and allows non-residents to get a IL ccw.

Read the bill and it looks good.
Awesome! As a nonresident living in Lake County I'm very happy to see this. Not only does it mean my Utah resident and Virginia nonresident permits will be honored, but I can also get an Illinois permit. That's a huge win for me in every way.

I'm very happy to see the law require the State Police to issue the permit within 30 days of the application being submitted. Many years ago jurisdictions in Virginia were deliberately stalling on using permits. The problem wasn't solved until the courts made it state law that permits be issued within 45 days.

Last edited by domin8ss; 02-02-2013 at 19:56..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 19:57   #9
domin8ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
Hope for you guys...
Now to work on New York and Commiefornia.
Old 02-02-2013, 20:10   #10
norsmis

I am happy to FINALLY see this happening! I dont agree with them limiting the exemption for traning being limited to combat arms MOSs. I trained more cooks, admin clerks, and mechanics to be patrol veterans with thousands of hours of trigger time. But hey, at least we are getting a CCW!!!!!!
norsmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 23:25   #11
domin8ss

On the other side of that, my wife has been in the Navy for over 4 years and has zero weapons training. I've tried to help her, but she gets too scared by a hand guns. Rifles and shotguns are a different story, but she's only held them unloaded. Her job? Pediatric Nurse. This makes her very deployable. Based on this, I think it should be a case by case consideration. Just because you're military doesn't mean you should be handed a CWP. Those military not covered in the law should take the course and pass the live fire test too.

Fyi, I'm prior Marine Infantry. I'm getting the permit and taking the live fire test. It's a large silhouette target at close range. If somebody can't put 21 of 30 rounds in the black I certainly wouldn't want them handling a gun.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:01   #12
countsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8ss View Post
On the other side of that, my wife has been in the Navy for over 4 years and has zero weapons training. I've tried to help her, but she gets too scared by a hand guns. Rifles and shotguns are a different story, but she's only held them unloaded. Her job? Pediatric Nurse. This makes her very deployable. Based on this, I think it should be a case by case consideration. Just because you're military doesn't mean you should be handed a CWP. Those military not covered in the law should take the course and pass the live fire test too.

Fyi, I'm prior Marine Infantry. I'm getting the permit and taking the live fire test. It's a large silhouette target at close range. If somebody can't put 21 of 30 rounds in the black I certainly wouldn't want them handling a gun.
Military for over 25 years and still serving and I can attest. Most folks think because you're military or LE that you're a weapons expert. That couldn't be further from the truth. I work with some great Americans but their weapons skills, or lack thereof is scary. My uncle is a retired state trooper and he did the bare minimums when he was active to qualify with his assigned weapon. A close friend is DEA and a former Army Ranger and didn't particularly like guns. I used to threaten to report him to his boss, jokingly, for not carrying his off duty weapon when we were out. He just wasn't a 'gun guy'. He treated it as more of an annoyance. Not saying any of this is wrong but it's just a reality.
countsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21   #13
windpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8ss View Post

"zero weapons training" in four years? No basic training? No OCS? No re-qualifications?
windpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23   #14
Gunnut 45/454

countsk
Yep your obviously not taking the weapons training seriously! Hopefully you'll never be deployed any where you may be shot at! It's your responsibility to be not only profiecient with the arms you may be deployed with but with any weapon you may need! It's called the Manual of Arms for a reason! And it doesn't matter which services your in! It's your duty to be compotent in firearms! Being a desk jocky doesn't exempt you!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 02-03-2013 at 10:24..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:47   #15
domin8ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by windpoint View Post
"zero weapons training" in four years? No basic training? No OCS? No re-qualifications?
None whatsoever. She's direct commission, so no OCS. She went to ODS. No requalifications because she's never been qualified. She just went to C4 where they had her disassemble and reassemble an M16, but no training beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
countsk
Yep your obviously not taking the weapons training seriously! Hopefully you'll never be deployed any where you may be shot at! It's your responsibility to be not only profiecient with the arms you may be deployed with but with any weapon you may need! It's called the Manual of Arms for a reason! And it doesn't matter which services your in! It's your duty to be compotent in firearms! Being a desk jocky doesn't exempt you!
Unless the Geneva Convention says so.

Last edited by domin8ss; 02-11-2013 at 17:18..
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53   #16
domin8ss

40 cosponsors so far. Let the voting begin already. Illinois needs concealed carry now.

Last edited by domin8ss; 02-09-2013 at 16:10..
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49   #17
domin8ss

This bill has now been submitted to the Judicial Committee as of 2/13. Here's the list of people of on that committee. It's time to start contacting them.

http://ilga.gov/house/committees/mem...mmitteeID=1192

Last edited by domin8ss; 02-14-2013 at 10:49..
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47   #18
domin8ss

47 out of 102 representatives in the House support this bill. I hope it doesn't get butchered in the hearings and on the floor. This bill is good and needs to be passed as is.
Old 02-19-2013, 18:34   #19
Gunnut 45/454

domin8ss
Well I know the military probably doesn't enforce it now a days! But being from a family with military service I was taught from a very early age to get very proficient in arms! But I know most folks that serve today and alot of LEO's feel that being proficient in arms is not a job requirement. Those are the folks that die very quickly in wars and on the street when the ****s hits the fan! Seen it, been there! So be a good father - teach your daughter NOW before she gets her arse shot off! As we see everyday in conflict we're in now no where is safe, there are no front lines!
Old 02-19-2013, 22:31   #20
domin8ss

Thanks. Just a few corrections to be made.

1) I don't have a daughter. We are talking about my wife.

2) She is finally giving in to my rhetoric. Her birthday is next month. She is taking an NRA first steps class that will include live fire training with a .22.

3) The sound of the pump action on my Remington 870 puts a smile on her face.

4) She finally touched an M16. It was only disassembly and reassembly, but it made her want to get her 9mm quals, hence #2.

Progress is finally being made.