GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 19:22   #226
wile_coyote
Senior Member
 
wile_coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Posts: 217
I have HK and Glock. Both are good to me and both have functioned well. I usually go by the caliber I want. I had a G32C that was the pistol I shot most accurately with. Unfortunately, I sold it. I now have a P2000 in 357 SIG and it fits my hand nicely just as the G32C did. I can't wait to shoot it.

I think either are good and whatever fits your hand and budget is the one to go with.
__________________
Just. JP Stevens wrote that "the majority would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers of the Constitution made a choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to regulate civilian uses of weapons."You're damn right that's what they intended!!!
wile_coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 19:35   #227
Ghost Rider55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
I have a HK 45C amount other hand guns and it is by father finest hand gun I ever owned. I know it is a matter of preference but on my personal opinion, HK is a Rolex and everything else isa Timex.
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 18:41   #228
tango44
Senior Member
 
tango44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 5,237
Superior???
Yes in price.
Superior as the bulkyest gun to carry.
Superiorly hard to get parts and accs...
tango44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 21:24   #229
JTSmith
gfdrńł
 
JTSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango44 View Post
Superior???
Yes in price.
Superior as the bulkyest gun to carry.
Superiorly hard to get parts and accs...
Lol. And don't forget the beloved P7's superior ability to keep your hands warm:D
JTSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 21:33   #230
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 846
Haters gonna hate. Yes they are expensive and yes the P7 will keep you warm on a cold day, but they are freaking awesome weapon systems.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 15:32   #231
barth
six barrels
 
barth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Free Zone
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
Haters gonna hate. Yes they are expensive and yes the P7 will keep you warm on a cold day, but they are freaking awesome weapon systems.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
From the comments it seems like most of these jokers never even owned one.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I've got five HKs and they are all keepers.
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 01-14-2013 at 15:35..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 18:22   #232
JTSmith
gfdrńł
 
JTSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 345
I don't own one because I'm too poor. But that doesn't mean I haven't shot them
JTSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 19:42   #233
Ghost Rider55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
you can take your "troll" comment and shove it where the sun does not shine......

i love how people like you make assumptions about people you know nothing about......

i guess you have not been around glocks very long to know about the issues i have pointed out....

i wish i had sold my three glocks to some sucker like you!!!
If you think that using this kind of language will get you any respect, that anyone will consider what you are saying, or make you look like you know what you are talking about, then you are wrong. Some of us have battle scars to prove that we have use some of these guns In a professional environment, battle fields and we really don't need trolls to try instigating arguments here.
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 14:50   #234
n0leafcl0ver
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: memphis area
Posts: 99
This berretta92gAy is a troll, I'm sure of it. His started some nonsense with me a few months ago. I don't understand y u feel like there is a need to argue and call names. Please take ur overweight underpowered POS Italian paperweight and go to the short man syndrome forum. Ur crap is getting old on here


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
n0leafcl0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 15:00   #235
birda40
Woody
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Ill.
Posts: 324
I have an H&K P-30 and a G22 gen 3. Their qualitys are different but I love shooting them both. Never had a FTF, FTE from either. Both great shooters.

Last edited by birda40; 01-31-2013 at 15:01..
birda40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14   #236
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,074
I was a hair away from buying a P30 until I handled a Walther PPQ in June 2011. I adore the P30's ergos and to be frank I could have lived with the trigger having carried a SIG DA/SA for years. However, Walther beat them at their own game and currently Walther is going for the coup de grce with their new hammered PPX with a MSRP of under $500!!.

H&K should have made a striker fired version of the P30 years ago and they would have hit the ball out of the park. They rested on their laurels and got beat. However, perhaps this has hopefully lit a fire under H&K to be even more novel in their next design and to price their guns even more competively.

That said, the P30 is a beautiful handgun. It's just sad that it's place in the sun was so short due to Walther. To be competitive they are going to have to break down and offer a striker fired model. Period.

Last edited by Tiro Fijo; 02-01-2013 at 04:15.. Reason: Spelling
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:35   #237
barth
six barrels
 
barth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Free Zone
Posts: 4,908
Light LEM RULES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
I was a hair away from buying a P30 until I handled a Walther PPQ in June 2011. I adore the P30's ergos and to be frank I could have lived with the trigger having carried a SIG DA/SA for years. However, Walther beat them at their own game and currently Walther is going for the coup de grce with their new hammered PPX with a MSRP of under $500!!.

H&K should have made a striker fired version of the P30 years ago and they would have hit the ball out of the park. They rested on their laurels and got beat. However, perhaps this has hopefully lit a fire under H&K to be even more novel in their next design and to price their guns even more competively.

That said, the P30 is a beautiful handgun. It's just sad that it's place in the sun was so short due to Walther. To be competitive they are going to have to break down and offer a striker fired model. Period.
My P30 40 Light LEM has a crisp clean 4.5 lbs trigger
for the first and following shots.
Plus second strike capability for hard primers.
I prefer LEM to any striker gun.
Advantage HK.
I don't see them (HK) ever making a striker fired pistol.
And that's just fine by me.

Last edited by barth; 02-01-2013 at 07:50..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24   #238
rudybunt
Senior Member
 
rudybunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centerton, Arkansas
Posts: 155
I have owned both, they both have ups and downs.

HK parts and Rifles are lots of $ the hand guns and way up right now.

Glock seems to me bore stable with parts ready available.

Just my .02 cents

Love the Glock more.
__________________
"Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"
rudybunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:35   #239
grecco
Senior Member
 
grecco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: philadelphia pa
Posts: 4,383


ok,
to my glock friends ( and i own several myself, as well as hk and sig)
Why cant glock figure out how to make polymer frames straight?
Why do glocks have "pig noses"?
__________________
There are those that DRINK the KOOL Aid,and then those that just get it.
Which one are you?
grecco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47   #240
rudybunt
Senior Member
 
rudybunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centerton, Arkansas
Posts: 155
adds character
__________________
"Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"
rudybunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:54   #241
dpadams6
Senior Member
 
dpadams6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth View Post
My P30 40 Light LEM has a crisp clean 4.5 lbs trigger
for the first and following shots.
Plus second strike capability for hard primers.
I prefer LEM to any striker gun.
Advantage HK.
I don't see them (HK) ever making a striker fired pistol.
And that's just fine by me.
Yep. Agree with Barth.
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 17:04   #242
Green Dragoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecco View Post
ok,
to my glock friends ( and i own several myself, as well as hk and sig)
Why cant glock figure out how to make polymer frames straight?
Why do glocks have "pig noses"?
they have no reason to. It would cost money in at least R&D and probably in mfg too. Since they sell all they can build, what enticement do they have? And remember afterall, they are "Perfect" already.
Green Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14   #243
grecco
Senior Member
 
grecco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: philadelphia pa
Posts: 4,383


Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragoon View Post
they have no reason to. It would cost money in at least R&D and probably in mfg too. Since they sell all they can build, what enticement do they have? And remember afterall, they are "Perfect" already.


They are so perfect with perfection, that their is an entire industry dedicated to make perfection more perfect, or would it be perfecter?
__________________
There are those that DRINK the KOOL Aid,and then those that just get it.
Which one are you?

Last edited by grecco; 02-02-2013 at 12:36..
grecco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 13:28   #244
JTSmith
gfdrńł
 
JTSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecco View Post
They are so perfect with perfection, that their is an entire industry dedicated to make perfection more perfect, or would it be perfecter?
Did you just go full retard?
JTSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 19:08   #245
birda40
Woody
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Ill.
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSmith View Post
Did you just go full retard?
You guys crack me up.
birda40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56   #246
4095fanatic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 950
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...d-we-hate-you/

:-D


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28   #247
DannyB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 384
After reading all these posts it seems apparent that it is quite the “pot calling the kettle black” with HK owners referring to Kool-Aid and Glock owners. I guess you guys need to justify to yourselves the reason for coughing up $1,000 for your gun. I don’t really like the “fanboy” comments myself. I assume we are all shooters, hunters, and sportsmen, not a bunch of Bieber fans.

I have an H&K USP 40 myself. I have shot it a fair amount and all I can say is that it shoots well, goes bang every time, etc. Isn’t that what we say about Glocks? My Glocks do! Also, there was no way I would have given big bucks for this H&K. I stumbled onto this like new USP 40 for about $550 some years back. I had a USP 45 before this one. I think that was a midnight bargain on Gunbroker for about $500 or so as well. That gun was huge. It looked like a black 2x4 with a grip on it when I aimed it.

The only reason I bought an H&K in the first place was because of a friendship I had about twenty+ years ago with an H&K freak. This guy couldn’t afford his hobby, but had some pretty fun toys. I got to shoot his MP5 and I guess fell for his “Kool-Aid” talk about H&K’s. But looking back he was just a kid, probably twenty-five or so. This guy would spend his kid’s milk money on gun stuff—what a child himself.

Anyway, my answer to the OP is no, they are not superior. Is it a good gun? Yes. Is it superior to Glock? —I don’t think so. I have my Glocks because they work. I shoot them well. They are simple---so simple that there are thirty-three parts. I tried to count the part numbers on this H&K schematic and quit counting when I figured there are three times the parts moving around in there. Actually, after looking at these schematics I may just sell this high dollar “Beemer”. I can’t believe I haven’t broken the flimsy de-cocker off if it myself as a previous poster mentioned.

Heckler & Koch Forum
Heckler & Koch Forum
__________________
I like guns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46   #248
grecco
Senior Member
 
grecco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: philadelphia pa
Posts: 4,383


[QUOTE=JTSmith;19941296]Did you just go full retard?[/QUOTE


Now now, that would be an insult to people who are really considered
Truely retarded (or politically correct mentally challanged)

My sarcastic point was , well thats what its like when i speak to glock fan boys.......they claim perfection, but


thier is an entire industry dedicated to make glock perfection more perfect, to the point, that i can build a glock with out any oem parts, with hk's....you basically have 2,options,
Change the sights, change the hammer spring.
__________________
There are those that DRINK the KOOL Aid,and then those that just get it.
Which one are you?

Last edited by grecco; 02-03-2013 at 10:52..
grecco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:22   #249
n0leafcl0ver
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: memphis area
Posts: 99
Couldn't agree more! H&K was greatness for a long time and still are very good. But, they never change or up the bar. The walther ppq is in my opinion the best polymer semi ever made! U guys wanna feel a pistol with the BEST ergo's and an absolutely great trigger? Get ur paws in one. I really like most of the pistols talked about on this thread. However, the bar has been raised.... Thank u walther!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
n0leafcl0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31   #250
MarineHawk
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 70
I have quite a few, but this is my favorite pistol:

Heckler & Koch Forum
MarineHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:55.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,460
483 Members
977 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42