SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2013, 15:38   #1
Goodrich
Like a Sir

Loving the Blackhawk Serpa CQC

loving this holster for winter carry recommend it for medium/small hands. you don't find yourself bending your finger to depress the release button keeping your finger straight and maintaining your master grip.

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Carry Issues
Goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 16:35   #2
INEEDMILK

www.reddit.com/r/Glocks
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 16:44   #3
bennie1986

Love these holsters! Have them for a few of my guns.
bennie1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 16:44   #4
ChallengerSRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMILK View Post
LOL, I just sent mine back after seeing the video of Tex shooting himself through the thigh with a .45! Seeing is believing, and I really didn't want to take a chance. I figure if someone that experienced can do it, so could I. I hope you're vigilant in making sure you don't mess up when you draw.
ChallengerSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 16:47   #5
frontier2011
Give Me Brass

I like mine alot also.
One thing that is a minor irritent is that I can not take off paddle unless I undo my belt. Once I put the holster on it dont wanna come off.

I guess its not such a bad thing.

Some people dont like these because some undisciplined people have accidently shot themselves while incorrectly pulling out their weapon.
frontier2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 16:55   #6
Goodrich
Like a Sir

yeah I understand the mechanics behind why they AD their firearm. like I said I think it's easier for people with small/medium hands since you don't have to bend your finger to depress the button with the tip of your finger.
Goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 18:13   #7
Whazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodrich View Post
yeah I understand the mechanics behind why they AD their firearm. like I said I think it's easier for people with small/medium hands since you don't have to bend your finger to depress the button with the tip of your finger.
Not a fan of these - training the trigger finger on a third function doesn't seem like a great idea particularly under high stress...rolling around in the sand has been known to freeze the release mechanism...I will pass on Serpas
Whazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 18:53   #8
Icelander513
rocket surgeon

Death traps. They have been known to lock your gun in. They've been strictly banned at my training institute after catastrophic failures that could've caused the user his/her life if they occurred during a real combat situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxpXU...ayer_embedded#!
Icelander513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 18:55   #9
DocWills

no lock version is available at walmart

Last edited by DocWills; 02-01-2013 at 18:56..
DocWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 20:03   #10
Fredder
TANSTAAFL

Love the Serpa line. Even use a Level 3 for duty. Haters gonna hate.
Old 02-01-2013, 21:11   #11
Aahzz
Who?

Got mine today, for my M&P .45. Practice for about half an hour, then wore it out to dinner. During the practice session, I tried (with a double-checked verified unloaded gun) to have my finger end up in the trigger guard, could barely manage it on purpose. I've been drawing for 20 years with my finger alongside the frame - draw works great with the Serpa, feels natural and is FAST. My initial impressions are very positive indeed.
Old 02-01-2013, 21:15   #12
ChallengerSRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredder View Post
Love the Serpa line. Even use a Level 3 for duty. Haters gonna hate.
I'm far from a hater. As I said, I actually bought one from Cabelas on sale and it's been sitting in my drawer awaiting my gun which is on order. After viewing a recent thread here on the Serpa holster mechanism issues, I decided to send it back.
People buy lottery tickets thinking there's a chance they're going to win. Why, when faced with the possibility that an accidental firing could happen as a result of a design deficiency, would you want to ignore the risk? I'd like to think I could win the lottery with millions to 1 odds, but would rather not play the odds with the latter scenario happening because the outcome is just not worth it.
You may NEVER have a problem, but then again you may.

Last edited by ChallengerSRT; 02-01-2013 at 21:20..
ChallengerSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:28   #13
gooffeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazoo View Post
Not a fan of these - training the trigger finger on a third function doesn't seem like a great idea particularly under high stress...rolling around in the sand has been known to freeze the release mechanism...I will pass on Serpas
Training the trigger finger to do what its already supposed to be doing when drawing a weapon?
gooffeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:29   #14
bennie1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerSRT View Post
I'm far from a hater. As I said, I actually bought one from Cabelas on sale and it's been sitting in my drawer awaiting my gun which is on order. After viewing a recent thread here on the Serpa holster mechanism issues, I decided to send it back.
People buy lottery tickets thinking there's a chance they're going to win. Why, when faced with the possibility that an accidental firing could happen as a result of a design deficiency, would you want to ignore the risk? I'd like to think I could win the lottery with millions to 1 odds, but would rather not play the odds with the latter scenario happening because the outcome is just not worth it.
You may NEVER have a problem, but then again you may.
Nothing is absolute and if you look at it in terms of odds you couldn't carry any gun or holster.
bennie1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:15   #15
glock1769

I don't have a lot of time in with my Serpa yet but I really like it as well. I have seen the videos and other information out there...(after I purchased it)...but, I don't seem to have any inclination to curl my finger using this holster. So, my question is...can't you have the issue of getting your finger accidentally caught up in the trigger a risk with virtually holder as you draw? I'm relatively new to hand guns...so I'm honestly asking...not trying to cause a controversy. Thanks !
GSSF
NRA Life Member
glock1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:18   #16
itsnitro
Got Sig?

Send a message via AIM to itsnitro
Quote:
LOL, I just sent mine back after seeing the video of Tex shooting himself through the thigh with a .45! Seeing is believing, and I really didn't want to take a chance. I figure if someone that experienced can do it, so could I. I hope you're vigilant in making sure you don't mess up when you draw.
If it's the same video I'm thinking of, I believe he said he forgot what holster he was using when he did it. I could be wrong.
Glock 26 - Sub Club #7797
Sig P226 - Sig Club #7797
Florida Glockers #7797
itsnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:19   #17
glock1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnitro View Post
If it's the same video I'm thinking of, I believe he said he forgot what holster he was using when he did it. I could be wrong.
Yes...he did.
GSSF
NRA Life Member
glock1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:23   #18
LAWDOGKMS

Quote:
Here we go again

That guy was an IDIOT!

I know and work with many high-speed operators and many use this holster, love it and trust it...
LAWDOGKMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:27   #19
Indianashooter

I have several Serpa holsters. I carried my 92FS in one for several years while doing weekend security at a local night club. Broke up many skirmishes and drug many a person out without a problem. Several times I even had to draw my Beretta from it and I never shot myself, bystander or person I was aiming at.
You just need to practice with whatever holster you use. It may look ridicules to someone looking in, but practicing drawing in front of a mirror (with an UNLOADED gun ) makes all the difference.
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:31   #20
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodrich View Post
loving this holster for winter carry recommend it for medium/small hands. you don't find yourself bending your finger to depress the release button keeping your finger straight and maintaining your master grip.

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Carry Issues
Can't. Tell. If. Serious.... If it is google Serpa failure, check yourself before you wreck yourself

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-03-2013, 04:36   #21
GlockItToMe

Myself, I like the Blackhawk SERPA, but you will find a lot of haters on this board. Of course from what I've read most members can hit the 10 ring offhand on a galloping horse. ; )
NRA Life Member
GlockItToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03   #22
firefighter4215

After seeing some people use them successfully during quite a bit of training, I bought one for my 1911. After trying it myself, I bought two more. You don't bend your finger to activate the button. If you keep your finger rigid it will line up exactly on the frame. I dunno. Like an earlier member said, I too am unable to consistently shoot the 10 ring from a galloping horse, so maybe that's why I like the holster.
firefighter4215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:12   #23
splitfinger09

I love mine.
splitfinger09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 00:45   #24
larry_minn
Silver Membership

I have one. Heard all the "horror stories" and actually had decided not to buy one. Then I ran across one cheap.
I learned the "advice" I got was not worth $.02
I would like a couple more. I have repeatedly offered to accept "Those dangerous SERPA holsters" (with pref for models for 1911, G17, G26, Hs2000 "father of XD" I would even take some left hand versions. (I have injured Right hand before so not bad to have)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:09   #25
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
I have one. Heard all the "horror stories" and actually had decided not to buy one. Then I ran across one cheap.
I learned the "advice" I got was not worth $.02
I would like a couple more. I have repeatedly offered to accept "Those dangerous SERPA holsters" (with pref for models for 1911, G17, G26, Hs2000 "father of XD" I would even take some left hand versions. (I have injured Right hand before so not bad to have)
Just don't go rolling around in the snow, or dirt, or anything that could lock up the holster..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire