SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-07-2013, 23:57   #221
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden View Post
I went through a serious and quite fanboi-ish HK phase, but ended up selling off all 3 of my HK pistols because of their great resale value, which allowed me to get other pistols that were at least as good at anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.
So in other words, at the end of the day, the HKs really didn't cost any more because of their high resale value.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28   #222
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
Once again though no gun is perfect, including HK. HK is so perfect yet I see not one local agency (including my own) put them to use.

There may be some latitude, but more likely than not, the reason you do not see “one local agency” use H&K handguns is because contracts are usually awarded on a lowest bidder basis and not because of any problems with H&K pistols or that H&K handguns are not superior products.

As a government employee, I find it hard to believe that you did not know that contracts are usually awarded on a lowest bidder basis, with the standards being near the bare minimum necessary, so I find your comment disingenuous.

I am unimpressed with Glocks. They appear to be cheaply made, with somewhat limited R&D and built to meet a mid-level price point. Sig pistols, that would be used by a "local agency," are a step up in cost, but they still do not cost what H&K pistols cost. I can see how Glocks appeal to budget conscious government decision makers that are more concerned about the “bottom line” and “minimal necessary” standards, than getting top quality products.

RJ

Last edited by RJ's Guns; 01-08-2013 at 01:31..
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51   #223
Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
So in other words, at the end of the day, the HKs really didn't cost any more because of their high resale value.
But they did cost more, both in terms of initial purchase price, and in terms of the loss on the resale (in nominal, not %, terms). This isn't to say they don't have some of the best resale values of any handguns, though, on a % basis-- they do.

Again, they're excellent pistols, with some features that are especially useful to lefties (ambidextrous mag release at a time when few others incorporated this), some of the best stock sights in the business, with great reliability and durability.

I have nothing negative to say about them other than many in HKs lineup do have a higher bore axis than some pistols from other manufacturers of equal caliber and capacity (which may or may not be a particular issue given the user) and their relatively high price (which may or may not be justified given the particular end user's preferences and needs).
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10   #224
bubba111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
You spelled Glock wrong.

bubba111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 17:52   #225
deeHKman
"It Is Written"

No Compromise!!!!

Comparing a Sig to a HK..no way Greenville dumped their junk 220's!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth View Post
Absolutely
Heckler & Koch Forum

deeHKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 20:22   #226
wile_coyote

I have HK and Glock. Both are good to me and both have functioned well. I usually go by the caliber I want. I had a G32C that was the pistol I shot most accurately with. Unfortunately, I sold it. I now have a P2000 in 357 SIG and it fits my hand nicely just as the G32C did. I can't wait to shoot it.

I think either are good and whatever fits your hand and budget is the one to go with.
Just. JP Stevens wrote that "the majority would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers of the Constitution made a choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to regulate civilian uses of weapons."You're damn right that's what they intended!!!
wile_coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 20:35   #227
Ghost Rider55

I have a HK 45C amount other hand guns and it is by father finest hand gun I ever owned. I know it is a matter of preference but on my personal opinion, HK is a Rolex and everything else isa Timex.
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 19:41   #228
tango44

Superior???
Yes in price.
Superior as the bulkyest gun to carry.
Superiorly hard to get parts and accs...
tango44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 22:24   #229
JTSmith
gfdrńł

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango44 View Post
Superior???
Yes in price.
Superior as the bulkyest gun to carry.
Superiorly hard to get parts and accs...
Lol. And don't forget the beloved P7's superior ability to keep your hands warm:D
JTSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 22:33   #230
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

Haters gonna hate. Yes they are expensive and yes the P7 will keep you warm on a cold day, but they are freaking awesome weapon systems.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 16:32   #231
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
Haters gonna hate. Yes they are expensive and yes the P7 will keep you warm on a cold day, but they are freaking awesome weapon systems.

From the comments it seems like most of these jokers never even owned one.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I've got five HKs and they are all keepers.
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 01-14-2013 at 16:35..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 19:22   #232
JTSmith
gfdrńł

I don't own one because I'm too poor. But that doesn't mean I haven't shot them
JTSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 20:42   #233
Ghost Rider55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
you can take your "troll" comment and shove it where the sun does not shine......

i love how people like you make assumptions about people you know nothing about......

i guess you have not been around glocks very long to know about the issues i have pointed out....

i wish i had sold my three glocks to some sucker like you!!!
If you think that using this kind of language will get you any respect, that anyone will consider what you are saying, or make you look like you know what you are talking about, then you are wrong. Some of us have battle scars to prove that we have use some of these guns In a professional environment, battle fields and we really don't need trolls to try instigating arguments here.
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 15:50   #234
n0leafcl0ver

This berretta92gAy is a troll, I'm sure of it. His started some nonsense with me a few months ago. I don't understand y u feel like there is a need to argue and call names. Please take ur overweight underpowered POS Italian paperweight and go to the short man syndrome forum. Ur crap is getting old on here

n0leafcl0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 16:00   #235
birda40
Woody

I have an H&K P-30 and a G22 gen 3. Their qualitys are different but I love shooting them both. Never had a FTF, FTE from either. Both great shooters.

Last edited by birda40; 01-31-2013 at 16:01..
birda40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:14   #236
Tiro Fijo

I was a hair away from buying a P30 until I handled a Walther PPQ in June 2011. I adore the P30's ergos and to be frank I could have lived with the trigger having carried a SIG DA/SA for years. However, Walther beat them at their own game and currently Walther is going for the coup de grce with their new hammered PPX with a MSRP of under $500!!.

H&K should have made a striker fired version of the P30 years ago and they would have hit the ball out of the park. They rested on their laurels and got beat. However, perhaps this has hopefully lit a fire under H&K to be even more novel in their next design and to price their guns even more competively.

That said, the P30 is a beautiful handgun. It's just sad that it's place in the sun was so short due to Walther. To be competitive they are going to have to break down and offer a striker fired model. Period.

Last edited by Tiro Fijo; 02-01-2013 at 05:15.. Reason: Spelling
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:35   #237
barth
six barrels

Light LEM RULES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
I was a hair away from buying a P30 until I handled a Walther PPQ in June 2011. I adore the P30's ergos and to be frank I could have lived with the trigger having carried a SIG DA/SA for years. However, Walther beat them at their own game and currently Walther is going for the coup de grce with their new hammered PPX with a MSRP of under $500!!.

H&K should have made a striker fired version of the P30 years ago and they would have hit the ball out of the park. They rested on their laurels and got beat. However, perhaps this has hopefully lit a fire under H&K to be even more novel in their next design and to price their guns even more competively.

That said, the P30 is a beautiful handgun. It's just sad that it's place in the sun was so short due to Walther. To be competitive they are going to have to break down and offer a striker fired model. Period.
My P30 40 Light LEM has a crisp clean 4.5 lbs trigger
for the first and following shots.
Plus second strike capability for hard primers.
I prefer LEM to any striker gun.
Advantage HK.
I don't see them (HK) ever making a striker fired pistol.
And that's just fine by me.

Last edited by barth; 02-01-2013 at 08:50..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24   #238
rudybunt

I have owned both, they both have ups and downs.

HK parts and Rifles are lots of $ the hand guns and way up right now.

Glock seems to me bore stable with parts ready available.

Just my .02 cents

Love the Glock more.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35   #239
grecco

ok,
to my glock friends ( and i own several myself, as well as hk and sig)
Why cant glock figure out how to make polymer frames straight?
Why do glocks have "pig noses"?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47   #240
rudybunt

adds character