Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 20:18   #1
bobcatseger

Your Thoughts......

It seems the media is always making it sound like the vast majority of Americans are anti guns and want some new strict gun laws passed. They just keep bringing up these polls that they are taking, but who are they really polling ??
If this was actually true, then tell me why all forms of shotguns, rifles, handguns are just flying off the shelves all across this country right now. Looks to me like Americans all across this great country want to make sure they are armed with something, they would not be rushing out and buying like crazy if they were all anti-gun ....!!!
The gun shops in my area are actually running competely out of firearms and ammo. They said they cannot get stuff back in quick enough from the distributors who are also running out of inventory. I talked to a couple small gun shops and they said they may have to close for a while until things get caught up.
Looks like we all want to be gun owners after all ..!!!!
bobcatseger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 20:23   #2
WinterWizard

Polls mean nothing unless they are truly random, and not just taken from the readers of liberal websites. You would have to randomly select private residences in all locations of the US and poll a large sample of people, say at least 20,000 people. That is why polls are almost always bullcrap. But stupid people (liberals) believe them.

Last edited by WinterWizard; 01-30-2013 at 20:23..
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 21:50   #3
GLJones

Send a message via AIM to GLJones
It also depends on the questions asked. Ask if people want Assault Weapons banned and most would say yes. Explain what the liberals define as an assault weapon and that number drops a lot. Polls are not really useful except as propaganda.
Niner #105
Big Dog #1004
Glock 26,30,36 and AR15
GLJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 22:51   #4
oldman11

I don't think that the media really takes these polls, and it really doesn't matter because they just lie about it. They tell you whatever their diplomat master tells them to. They are getting desperate now as the anti-gun tide is changing. Most of the police and sheriffs won't back Obama, and the better part of the military won't back him either. That is why he is trying to drag the UN forces in here.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 22:59   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

The same people that are telling us that the majority of citizens want guns and the 2nd Amendment gone, are the same ones that cannot even describe what it is about the guns that is bad, just that they are objects they fear more than the criminals pulling the trigger.

They have made no mention of the fact that criminals are killing people, and to address the criminal gang and drug trafficking problems, is apparently beyond them (and racist).

Guns are objects, criminals are the perpetrators of crime.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 23:21   #6
birda40
Woody

What scares me the most is all these noobs grabbing everything in front of them. Not knowing a thing about what they have which in turn starts a new gun grab. All these guys start accidently dischargeing while cleaning their new AR or hand gun. What a circle.
birda40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:17   #7
oneuglygun

Media and Government continue to dance around the REAL problem. They won't go near who is doing the majority of the shootings and where they are taking place. They want to blame guns for drug and gang related deaths.WHO IS DOING THE KILLING ? Chicago is a good example. About 85% of their gun deaths are done by gangs, or people involved with drugs. Who is it that lives where these shootings are taking place ?? What kind of people live there ? ARE THEY ALL CRAZY ? Where I live everybody owns guns and we have very little crime period ! Lock them up and keep locking them up ! Wouldn't take to many years and the problem would go away ! GUNS KILL LIKE SPOONS MAKE PEOPLE FAT !!
oneuglygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 19:38   #8
bobcatseger

We all seem to be in agreement on this issue, all good points so far......
bobcatseger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 19:50   #9
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
I don't think that the media really takes these polls, and it really doesn't matter because they just lie about it. They tell you whatever their diplomat master tells them to. They are getting desperate now as the anti-gun tide is changing. Most of the police and sheriffs won't back Obama, and the better part of the military won't back him either.
I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
That is why he is trying to drag the UN forces in here.
That would be the biggest mistake of his life. It WOULD spark a revolution. Not even Bary is that stupid.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 20:03   #10
countrygun

Let me go to Portland, Oregon and pick my neighborhoods and I can probably get a poll to say anything you want.

Figures lie and liars figure.

I wouldn't lean on sales figures too heavily, they will just spin it into a tiny group of gunnuts buying lots of guns because we all have 50 AKs etc.

I don't have a gun club around here (This whole region IS a "gun club") but I advise everyone to get every new shooter, or non-member to join any club or organization available. Get those kinds of numbers up. We have to flex those numbers for the politicians. Face it, the anti-gun citizens only have power as long as the politicians are listening to their numbers. They get attention by being loud and appealing to emotion, but that isn't what sways politician, only votes and money do that. Let's show numbers that make the politicians nervous.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 20:28   #11
birda40
Woody

This is the sanist thread yet. If we don't start taking some of these boys and girls under wing, just going to be trouble.
birda40 is offline   Reply With Quote