Butcher
NRA Life Member

I want a 100-weapon!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04   #4
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
That video didnt do much for our cause besides prove what an idiot sheldon whitehouse is. It also proves that we have a lot of people trying to pass gun laws when they in fact dont know **** about guns.

Its the flip up shoulder thing. Lmao. Morons.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09   #5
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic

Don't read the comments.
aplcr0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10   #6
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Thanks for the link Herr.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11   #7
shotgunred
reloading nut

Quote:
Whitehouse concluded the allotted time by saying, “My point is that she did it adequately and safely with lawful firearms.”
Did that law pass already? I guess they forgot to tell the rest of us.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11   #8
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Don't read the comments.
Yeah, comments on pages like this make me realize what my Golden Retriever was doing with the 45 degree head tilt, "Perhaps it makes more sense like this..." "Nope, try the other way."
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:13   #9
Rustin

Thank God we have some good people out there!
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21   #10
RussP

The truth hurts...

Some have ability limits that affect their weapon choice.

A shotgun may work for some, but what about the person who cannot work a pump action.

Some cannot tolerate nor handle the recoil.

Some cannot tolerate the recoil in most personal defense handguns over .25 caliber.

A bolt action rifle is an option, as long as there is time to operate it.

But what about the proper length of pull for a woman? Get a Junior firearm meant for kids? What calibers are they available in?

And what about the time to operate a bolt or a lever action.

Well, sounds like a semi-automatic with adjustable stock and forward grip for control would work...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 14:05   #11
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

You always be able to find someone that has no intimate knowledge on something, ready and willing to point out exactly how you should solve your problem, based upon their simple speculation and total lack of experience.

Telling a person what he or she needs to protect themselves, with no regard to the persons mental or/and physical abilities or their fear driven flight or fight panic mode, only shows what little politicians really understand of real life.

This guy could have just as easily said that the woman should have used a butcher knife since she has a kitchen and is familiar with preparing meals. He would have exhibited the same amount of insight and knowledge of self defense in a situation totally unfamiliar to him.

Just because you may have a formal education in some field does not make you a capable expert in other fields. Smart intelligent people know what they do not know, and make allowances for this in problem solving. Smart intelligent people will know when to bring other experts and rely on their expertise for practical suggestions of real solutions.

He is supposed to be a lawyer. He should be the first to recognize that he needs established credibility to be taken seriously in a court and his judgment and conclusions are meaningless outside his area of expertise.

I bet, if asked, he could tell many soldiers how and by what methods they should have fought and dealt with armed enemy adversaries during combat. This situation isn't much different from the woman's point of view, where she had to defend herself against an assailant.

Would she have used any other firearm if it were available? I doubt she would have seen any detriment to using a weapon with even more rounds available to it. If for no other reason, then to feel more confidence in having enough ammunition available to compensate for misses.

More rounds in a firearm is only compensation for those misses that normally occur in highly stressful situations where you need to save your life. Why is this added insurance against dying, considered bad by liberals?

What is the the liberal politician's life worth. Would they be willing defend their lives by restricting their weapons and ammunition, giving themselves less chance of surviving? I doubt it. How many rounds do their federal or personal bodyguard protectors feel is necessary? Why is my life worth less than theirs?

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 15:32   #12
eagle359

And David killed a giant with a rock-what does that have to do with the weapon that I want to use.
Old 01-30-2013, 19:01   #13
RGbiker

While at the fitness center, I watch most of it on C-span channel.

After listening to Senator Cruz argue for pro gun issues, I gotta' say you folks in Texas have a hell of a Senator down there.....

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-...10737437674-1/
Old 01-30-2013, 19:24   #14
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGbiker View Post
While at the fitness center, I watch most of it on C-span channel.

After listening to Senator Cruz argue for pro gun issues, I gotta' say you folks in Texas have a hell of a Senator down there.....

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-...10737437674-1/
Agreed. I thought Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand did pretty well too for being a Dem. from NY.

That police chief was an idiot that should be ashamed of himself.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 19:28   #15
DeLo

Watched the whole thing today, home sick with the flu.... She did great. I was so pissed at the huffing ton repost title for her, basically calling her a nut job.

Last edited by DeLo; 01-30-2013 at 19:28..
DeLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 19:36   #16
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

She should have summed it up by asking the Senator: "Sir, why do you drive a gas-guzzling V8-powered Mercedes every day to work? Do you NEED the Merc? Or do you WANT the Merc? Well, I don't NEED a 30-round magazine; I WANT a 30-round magazine, like it was designed to be used, to protect myself and my family, because there is NEVER enough ammo on hand when one is facing down an armed or violent intruder, while you are protecting your family."

Some people in our camp just don't get that. They try and revert back to quoting "Thomas Jefferson this" or "The Second Amendment that". God, shut up, and stick with facts that people understand, and can relate with you on, or we'll lose every time.
Old 01-30-2013, 20:22   #17
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

I like how they trotted out "Captain Kelly" for this. Absolutely zero experience in guns, law enforcement etc. But his wife got shot so he gets to be on "the panel".

What an effing joke this whole charade is.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 20:55   #18
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
She should have summed it up by asking the Senator: "Sir, why do you drive a gas-guzzling V8-powered Mercedes every day to work? Do you NEED the Merc? Or do you WANT the Merc? Well, I don't NEED a 30-round magazine; I WANT a 30-round magazine, like it was designed to be used, to protect myself and my family, because there is NEVER enough ammo on hand when one is facing down an armed or violent intruder, while you are protecting your family."

Some people in our camp just don't get that. They try and revert back to quoting "Thomas Jefferson this" or "The Second Amendment that". God, shut up, and stick with facts that people understand, and can relate with you on, or we'll lose every time.
Damn fine post!!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16   #19
Psychman
NRA Life Member

I want one of those "100 artifact" guns he was refering to. The guy knows nothing about firearms and yet seeks to make law about them.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:26   #20
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Agreed. I thought Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand did pretty well too for being a Dem. from NY.
At one time when she got elected there were hopes that she would be pro-gun.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:38   #21
mgs
Always Carrying

What a Moron he is.......and a lawyer too boot.
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46   #22
misunderestimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
That video didnt do much for our cause besides prove what an idiot sheldon whitehouse is. It also proves that we have a lot of people trying to pass gun laws when they in fact dont know **** about guns.

Its the flip up shoulder thing. Lmao. Morons.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Yes this is the big problem and what makes it even bigger is that what ever they say most of the sheep will follow
misunderestimated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59   #23
byf43
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post

Post of the year!

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:01   #24
kensb2
pistol n00b

For those of you not familiar with the mother in question, there were actually 2 assailants at her house that night. She had a protective order against one of them. She was on the phone with 9-1-1, asking if it was ok for her to shoot them. The operator basically told her the he couldn't authorize her to use deadly force, but if they got in and she felt like she was in imminent danger (which she DEFINITELY was) then to do what she had to do. She shot the first guy through the door, and they both took off (IIRC).

Separately, a local military wife put up a post on FB yesterday. She was explaining how she was up with her 6 mo old daughter at about 4 am, playing and watching TV. Suddenly, it sounded like there was someone trying to get into her front door. Her husband is out for an FTX for 2 weeks, so she is by herself. It turned out to be the wind, but she said the moral of the story is: They need to buy a gun! Even she realized a knife is probably worthless against an intruder, especially if he has a gun or even just a knife. I wish more people thought like that!

ETA: I was off a bit on the details. He's a link to a story about it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-drugs.html

Last edited by kensb2; 01-31-2013 at 06:04.. Reason: Content
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote