SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:27   #26
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
You can't deport someone for being a jackass.
Not true. If you are not a US citizen and are here on a visa, you are here at the leisure of the US Government. You can have your visa revoke denied or revoked without notice. You may be able to fight it, but it will be revoked until you win. They can do it for security reasons. Do you know how hard that is to fight? A person that is inciting unrest in the US citizenry could be a security risk and have their visa revoked.

Seriously, they are the US government they have the guns and they can do what they want in the short term. After time and money you may get your grievances redressed.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30   #27
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
Pompous, self-important prick though he may be, forgot not that he is an entertainer and as long as there is an audience for his act, he'll perform.

Piers Morgan and his ilk cannot take my mony, liberty or property like a government does. His opinions are simply discourse based on innuendo, sophistry, appeal to the basest emotion and accusation. The man is insignificant. The worst retribution one can visit upon him is to ignore him. A player with no stage is in Hell.

We've seen guests on his show take him apart objectively, with him insulting them and making it personal all the while - I would love it if someone leveled "You're insignificant, Piers" at him, and repeated it after each of his subsequent insults. Yeah it's stooping to his level, but his show is garbage so why not have fun with it? Calling that egomaniac insignificant in from the cameras might just send him over the edge, and I'd pay at least fifty or sixty cents to watch that.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35   #28
tous
GET A ROPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa CruZin View Post
We've seen guests on his show take him apart objectively, with him insulting them and making it personal all the while - I would love it if someone leveled "You're insignificant, Piers" at him, and repeated it after each of his subsequent insults. Yeah it's stooping to his level, but his show is garbage so why not have fun with it? Calling that egomaniac insignificant in from the cameras might just send him over the edge, and I'd pay at least fifty or sixty cents to watch that.
Heck, I'll double you to see that. A buck twenty can purchase a lot of shame, even for an Englishman.

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:41   #29
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
Not true. If you are not a US citizen and are here on a visa, you are here at the leisure of the US Government. You can have your visa revoke denied or revoked without notice. You may be able to fight it, but it will be revoked until you win. They can do it for security reasons. Do you know how hard that is to fight? A person that is inciting unrest in the US citizenry could be a security risk and have their visa revoked.

Seriously, they are the US government they have the guns and they can do what they want in the short term. After time and money you may get your grievances redressed.
Like I mentioned earlier, PM claimed to be an American citizen in a blog he wrote about gun control. He spoke specifically about how people were violating his 1A rights to disagree with the 2A. I believe he was trying to make the pro-gunners that signed that petition out to be hypocrits...ironic, I'd say.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:53   #30
LL6

Piers is simply trolling the American public. I'm sure his viewership is up with all his controversial interviews and this is what they judge success by.

The old line, "don't feed the troll" is applicable in his case.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:01   #31
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
He is getting more attention now, than he has ever had in his life ...

This......^^^^^^^^^^^^

Popularity is money in the media, and talk about him is good. Even bad publicity is better than no publicity. When you complain about him, you are admitting to watching their network and his show.

That is advertising-money-in-the-bank for piers and his network. Numbers of viewers count for more money than viewers that agree with the host.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 14:12   #32
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

The Okie Corral
Old 01-29-2013, 16:19   #33
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, PM claimed to be an American citizen in a blog he wrote about gun control. He spoke specifically about how people were violating his 1A rights to disagree with the 2A. I believe he was trying to make the pro-gunners that signed that petition out to be hypocrits...ironic, I'd say.
He put out on twitter that he was not a US Citizen; he is a US resident (Green Card?).

Last edited by racerford; 01-29-2013 at 16:33..
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:57   #34
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
He will continue until someone beats the living hell out of him without any weapon but themselves. He and CNN are hoping someone will attack him with a weapon just to say look here.
Careful, he has armed security guards for personal protection.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06   #35
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gommer View Post
... So you're angry enough to watch and talk about him. He's loving it.

Why do you think he talks about it every single night? His ratings have never been so good. He's ecstatic!
Correction. I've watched that lunatic one time, which was when Alex Jones was on his show. Yes, he had a spike in ratings, if not the highest ratings he's ever had when Alex was on his show, but now I'll do it as I always had before, which is watch him embarrass both himself and cnn every now and again on youtube. (I'll give you that since he's started this thing with guns, cnn likes the notoriety.)

I have no clue who piers' sponsors are as do not watch his show enough to recall or care, but I do know it's on cnn, which as I understand it, they (cnn) are trying everything so as to become a nominally succesful network again.

(Heck, I heard they might even try going back to some of the things that ted turner had done back when he built the cnn empire.)
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-30-2013 at 02:08..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28   #36
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
If signatures on an online petition could get people deported I'd have half of GNG gone by now.
I resemble that remark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
He is getting more attention now, than he has ever had in his life ...

Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMan1991 View Post
It's the truth! I even saw it with my own eyes. Thanks Assassins Creed 3.
Or, as my five yr old calls it, "Merica! WOO!" "Dad - can we play Merica? WOO!"
Old 01-30-2013, 15:49   #37
RDW
BTDT

[QUOTE=Peace Warrior;19924140]I know the link is wnd, but I couldn't find the whole interview/video or the pertinent parts searching youtube.com

in the interview with newt gingrinch, newt essentially balked when piers asked for an example of an AR15 being used for home defense. These two girls remembered a recent incident occurring in Houston.

ETA: Video is located around midway down the page.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/22-year-o...organ-on-guns/

An aside:
Anyone know why piers wasn't deported yet? I thought enough signatures were collected...[/

Video won't Play!
Formerly Posted as "Big Dawg #383" (10/2000)
Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.
RDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 17:21   #38
Anon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
... When you complain about him, you are admitting to watching their network and his show.
That is a tremendous stretch of reality. Just because someone knows of him, has heard of the controversy, maybe even has seen a video clip of one interview on the Internet, does not come close to "admitting to watching their network and his show".

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
That is advertising-money-in-the-bank for piers and his network. Numbers of viewers count for more money than viewers that agree with the host.
Ummm, no again. Numbers of viewers, and therefore ratings and subsequent advertising dollars spent on his show, are actually derived from a very small number of households that participate in polling of their viewing habits.
Anon1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ar15, piers morgan