Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:49   #10041
sawgrass

LW I'll ask him Monday am and let you know.
Old 01-27-2013, 14:56   #10042
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

I saw your comment befoore you edited, and I'm not sure I understand...
Generally speaking, when people remove their own comments before they're answered, it is to retract them.

I took it down because, upon further reflection, I decided I probably can't help you with the 'gun issue'.

ETA: The songs are just too damn good, so they stay...

Last edited by ArtCrafter; 01-27-2013 at 15:06.. Reason: ETA
ArtCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 18:30   #10043
Point Blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
I don't know where you are psychologically, LW, but ......

Uh.......i better keep my comments to myself.I will advise LW to use extreme caution mixing perscription narcotics and booze.

I cannot believe this thread is still active,it should be moved to a private sub-forum.Way too much personal data being slung around,some of it related to the 1st paragraph i made.

God bless you LW.
Point Blanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 20:37   #10044
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

OmG, how 'BiGoTeD' is that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blanks View Post

...this thread...should be moved to a private sub-forum. Way too much personal data being slung around...

That's like saying The Jerry Springer Show should only be shown on cable or something.

What would The [Poor] Masses* do then?

* a.k.a., US, as in 'All your...belong to...'

ArtCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 21:11   #10045
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:

Uh.......i better keep my comments to myself.I will advise LW to use extreme caution mixing perscription narcotics and booze.

I cannot believe this thread is still active,it should be moved to a private sub-forum.Way too much personal data being slung around,some of it related to the 1st paragraph i made.

God bless you LW.
Glad you're here to tell us these things.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08   #10046
sawgrass

LW there was a time that you didn't even want firearms mentioned in this thread.
Now you are able to talk about them and post a picture. Do you think that you are healing emotionally at least to some degree? I guess I've wondered for a long time if things like that would get better when you got out of the sand box.

Please give my best to SR. She is in my prayers.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27   #10047
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Sweetie,........I still have dibs on that one "golden bb"

The original isn't here, but I can offer you a choice of replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW I'll ask him Monday am and let you know.
Cool, thanks.

Quote:
: uglylol:

God bless you LW.
I'm glad you did keep it to yourself, and I'm always careful.

As for moving this thread, well, you've never liked me or this thread. I'll repeat my previous suggestion to you, put me on your ignore list. This is the only GNG thread you post in anyway.

I do appreciate any sincere blessing, and hope God blesses you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Glad you're here to tell us these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW there was a time that you didn't even want firearms mentioned in this thread.
Now you are able to talk about them and post a picture. Do you think that you are healing emotionally at least to some degree? I guess I've wondered for a long time if things like that would get better when you got out of the sand box.

Please give my best to SR. She is in my prayers.
Don't get me wrong, I still don't like it at all. I wouldn't be if I hadn't found one in my safe, and didn't have to decide what to do with the others. As for posting that pic, it was just easier than trying to describe it. A pic is worth a thousand words......

About the other pics you referred to, I still have some on my computer. I could show them to you, but I won't post them here.

Healing emotionally, I'm not sure. I think so, at the same snail's pace I have been for 4 years. Way too slow.

Thanks for the prayers, I'll be sure to let her know.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32   #10048
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Luff ya!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38   #10049
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Wolfe, life is not boring around you, for certain.
I am glad things worked out, in your encounter.

You deserve a boring year where nothing goes wrong. Not sure how to arrange that.

That is a beautiful 686. If you decide to let it go, and anything else, it will go fast. Around here, the shelves are empty. I don't even know why they stay open, rather than go on vacation. I have been converting from autos to revolvers for a year, and even those are gone now. It seems some people want "ban proof" guns.

If you don't want them around, and feel uneasy with them around, do what you need to do. You know yourself best.

I would like to offer you words of wisdom, but I have none. Just keep hanging in there...... We are all hoping for you.
Old 01-30-2013, 16:46   #10050
BobInTX

How they hangin?

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 16:55   #10051
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

God bless you LW.
Here is an idea, go mind your own business and ignore this thread. LW is one of the most responsible people I know and to imply anything else tells me you know very little about her. Bye now!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 17:03   #10052
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Here is an idea, go mind your own business and ignore this thread. LW is one of the most responsible people I know and to imply anything else tells me you know very little about her. Bye now!
I MUST locate a "LIKE" button on posts like this!!!!!!!!!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00   #10053
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
: hugs:

Luff ya!
Luff ya too, ya handsome devil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Wolfe, life is not boring around you, for certain.
I am glad things worked out, in your encounter.

You deserve a boring year where nothing goes wrong. Not sure how to arrange that.

That is a beautiful 686. If you decide to let it go, and anything else, it will go fast. Around here, the shelves are empty. I don't even know why they stay open, rather than go on vacation. I have been converting from autos to revolvers for a year, and even those are gone now. It seems some people want "ban proof" guns.

If you don't want them around, and feel uneasy with them around, do what you need to do. You know yourself best.

I would like to offer you words of wisdom, but I have none. Just keep hanging in there...... We are all hoping for you.
I'd love to have a year like that, just not SO boring I go out and make my own trouble! I just want a year where I don't get sick, don't get shot, don't get attacked, and don't lose any more friends. I don't think I'm going to get the last part, so I'll have to settle for the first 3, no matter how much I don't like it.

All this political stuff going on makes me wonder if this is either a great time to get rid of the guns, or if I should just leave them for a while. Right now I'm leaning toward getting rid of, but if I sell them to a dealer it'll be a lot different than just giving them away to a friend.

And thank you, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post

How they hangin?

: rofl:
A little to the left.

Where you been hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I MUST locate a "LIKE" button on posts like this!!!!!!!!!!
You and me both! Thank you, Magnus.

LG, sending up prayers that your back starts to improve soon, and glad to hear about the good news you got. Hope that continues.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:20   #10054
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
You and me both! Thank you, Magnus.

LG, sending up prayers that your back starts to improve soon, and glad to hear about the good news you got. Hope that continues.
Wolfe, you are always in my prayers. My prayers will be that you don't get shot, don't get attacked, don't get any other "conditions" and don't lose any friends.

Therapy worked me out pretty good yesterday, today is pretty tender. Their E-stem system has a safety on it...I need it up between 45 and 51, but the safety forces it down to 35. The other day, it actually went down to 32. I barely feel it by the time it gets to that setting, so it's doing me NO GOOD and I'm getting no relief. The therapist is researching the machine's manual to see if there is a way to by-pass the setting that makes it do that, but the original therapist who was trained on this machine says "use new pads" **we already do**...."use alcohol rub on her before attaching the electrodes" **we tried, it still went down that low**. Anyway...I hope she figures it out soon. They want me to be able to tell them my pain level is lower after the session, and I can't if the e-stem won't work to calm down the body after working it out.

Hope you are well today.
Gentle hugs

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:50   #10055
BobInTX

I've just been busy IRL.

How is your surgery pain doing?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04   #10056
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Drive by hugs!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.

Last edited by CJStudent; 01-31-2013 at 12:04..
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 20:42   #10057
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Right now I'm leaning toward getting rid of, but if I sell them to a dealer it'll be a lot different than just giving them away to a friend.
I hope you find a way to keep them, at least for a couple of years until things settle. Even if a friend has to hold them.

But, if you do decide to sell, let us all know what you have. Use the GT classifieds. Wouldn't it be better to sell them to people you know? And get a good price - since we don't have to make a dealer's profit.

Personally, I am close to ruining my laptop, drooling over that revolver - you have good taste.
--------------------

Maybe you need to do something that you would not normally do. It might help your morale. Go to where people not like you go, or something.

Here is what I did, as lame as it sounds........

My 14 year old Volvo finally needed repairs that were 2 times the car's value. So we went shopping.

Rather than get another plain white sedan, I got a wild hair and went with a kid's car, and a kid's color, and a manual transmission. And I shaved off the beard.

I feel a little less like a Grumpy Old Fart, even though I still am one. I just shook myself up a little, and feel better.

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by DustyJacket; 02-01-2013 at 20:44..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:24   #10058
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

That's actually really cool Dusty, you win the NM1701 seal of approval, which right now involves a shot of Jameson. Cheers!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:33   #10059
dango

Luv ya LW and no, I ain't forgot ya!

Sad time! My wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
That's why I ain't been around much.
I keep comin around to keep the high spirits going !
We are both tuff as nails and I am sure she will beat this , like you have.

You are my Hero ,but you know that already!
Get well soon LW. Luv ya.........!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:47   #10060
Detectorist

Quote:
Luff ya too, ya handsome devil!

I'd love to have a year like that, just not SO boring I go out and make my own trouble! I just want a year where I don't get sick, don't get shot, don't get attacked, and don't lose any more friends.
One of the sad realities of getting older ( and you are much younger than I), is losing friends. Unfortunately, most of my long time good friends don't live a healthy life and are dropping like flies.

I filled out a job app 2 weeks ago and couldn't think of 5 friends I've known for over 5 years.....sad.

Take care, get well.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!