SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2013, 13:58   #51
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieG59 View Post
However, I also recognize that gun owners have been very lax in securing their firearms. If most of us had previously better secured our weapons, this legislation would never have been considered.

If we, the responsible gun owners, really want to take weapons from criminals, we should secure our weapons from theft.
Okay, I maybe see the disconnect here.

This weapon ban/restriction legislation went to full speed after Lanza used stolen firearms. Other murderers used stolen firearms before that. Properly securing firearms in the future could prevent theft resulting in such crimes in the future.

I took the plurals, us and we, to include the theft victims of these crimes as well, not just our fine GT members.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 14:10   #52
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

government sources.

Gun-Control Issues

Straw purchasing is the greatest problem with criminals procuring firearms.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:43   #53
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiEDF View Post
I think this is a good point. Gun owners have a responsibility to keep their weapons away from their children, to educate everyone in their family on safety etc. This I wholly agree with.

What I do not accept is the notion that if a criminal breaks into your home and steals your property, a gun, then commits a murder with it... that somehow the gun owner was liable in any way. It is a ridiculous argument.

BTW I love/and agree with your signature Sir
That^
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:51   #54
plainsman

Who in the obama administration do you want in your house?

Which obama minion do you want to do home inspections, hillary, finestein, biden, blumberg, etc.

These pathetic, illogical leftists want to take away sporting rifles because some madman takes pistols to a school, and they milked the fact that he had a rifle unused in the car for all the publicity they could get.

Once you start down that slippery slope , then you are at their mercy for not using what every crap they impose on you.

Seems they should have locked up the fruitcake, not innocent sporting goods.
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05   #55
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiEDF View Post
I think this is a good point. Gun owners have a responsibility to keep their weapons away from their children, to educate everyone in their family on safety etc. This I wholly agree with.

What I do not accept is the notion that if a criminal breaks into your home and steals your property, a gun, then commits a murder with it... that somehow the gun owner was liable in any way. It is a ridiculous argument.

BTW I love/and agree with your signature Sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
That^
Liability is a legal determination, criminally and civilly.

Where and/or when might the shadow of liability cross over to show a lack of responsibility as a component?

Where was it that penalties surfaced for not reporting stolen firearms within a certain time?

Old 01-28-2013, 13:50   #56
plainsman

First Conservatives need to buy up mainsteam media.

Why they let the looney left get stronger and just castigate them all the time is beyond me. If we controlled the media, we'd have everything we wanted, let the wacko Kooks stand outside, while we would have the hearts and minds of America.

What about all the doctors, medical professionals trained in recognizing mental illness just letting this fruitcake run amock?

If his brain wasn't fried, you can bet that after the mind altering drugs he was certainly on, the ones the drug industry warn you on T V about lethal side effects, then sell it like candy, but what the heck. If you gave a nutcase a few beers and something happened, they'd put you in jail, but if you are a mind altering drug company, well it's business as usual.

Sandy hook should focus on the real ones that caused this problem, not innocent firearms owners who took no part in this crime.

There will always be dangerous people out there, that is why it is necessary for armed good people to be there to stop them.
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 15:56   #57
TexasFats
NRA, TSRA, SAF

A safe in every home is not practical. Folks like me, who live in apartments, would be out of luck since safes have to be bolted to the floor. My apartment manager would likely not be pleased at somebody drilling holes and installing bolts in the floor of one of her units.

Sauron lives, and his orc minions are on the march.
TexasFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 16:08   #58
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFats View Post
A safe in every home is not practical. Folks like me, who live in apartments, would be out of luck since safes have to be bolted to the floor. My apartment manager would likely not be pleased at somebody drilling holes and installing bolts in the floor of one of her units.
You and many others have this limitation. However, that doesn't cancel your responsibility to secure your firearm(s) somehow within your means. Situations like yours require creativity, and there are solutions other than safes.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 17:39   #59
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFats View Post
Have you asked?