Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2013, 18:59   #41
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
I may be most accurately labeled a constitutional libertarian but I am not a member of the Libertarian party. I don't belong to/have a political party. I don't believe in them. You just thought you had me in a gotcha game and could not resist.

And I'm not surprised you haven't seen one.
Not a gotcha game aimed at you, there is no one I have seen running for president in many, many years that was not in it for themselves. The thought of politicians as public servants of the people is gone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-27-2013 at 18:59..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 21:59   #42
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
The guy that got the TSA started and began the PATRIOT act is looking good to you? Holy ****, comparing a current statist to a previous statist shows you don't understand a damn thing.
BRAVO!!!!!!

Repubican big spending... GOOD. Repubican growth of government.....GOOD. Repubican running massive deficit..... GOOD. Repubicans doubling the national debt.... GOOD. Democrats doing any of it..... BAD.

But you are wasting your time. These repubicans don't care what government does, as long as it's a repubican doing it. A definite lack of integrity.

They hold Reagan the original "RINO" in high esteem. But he ran up big debt, signed gun control, and signed amnesty. But let's not get into specifics.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?

Last edited by Rooster Rugburn; 01-27-2013 at 22:00..
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 23:09   #43
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Not a gotcha game aimed at you, there is no one I have seen running for president in many, many years that was not in it for themselves. The thought of politicians as public servants of the people is gone.
Sure it was. Even my party was guilty. You are so full of ****. Past 12 years was what you posted. So who before that was a servant of the people?
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 23:30   #44
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Funny how Congress passed it originally, but Obama renewed it all by himself. Who wrote the renewal that Obama signed by autopen?
A Republican House and a Democrat Senate.

Funny indeed. Considering how the Democrats have railed against it for years.

Obama's autopen. The ultimate "present" vote.
Old 01-27-2013, 23:33   #45
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Yeah, God forbid we learn from our mistakes when they're such ancient history.
I would rejoice at any evidence that the American voter has learned anything from the mistakes of the past.

I'd bet you would join me in a celebratory drink to such evidence.

We can only hope.
Old 01-27-2013, 23:44   #46
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post

Did you read the title of the thread you're posting in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Did you even read the article the OP posted as the basis of the thread?

Quote:
No
Quote:
or the first 8 responses to this thread?

Quote:
Yes. I generally agree with posts 3-9
Oddly enough, I feel you have the most potential. But growth without learning is like a building without a foundation.

Don't just accept what is thrown at you. Look for the roots underneath. When you know yourself, and know your opponent, you will never loose a battle.

Best wishes.

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-27-2013 at 23:44..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 23:53   #47
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post

They hold Reagan the original "RINO" in high esteem. But he ran up big debt, signed gun control, and signed amnesty. But let's not get into specifics.
No, let's do get into specifics.

Reagan debt collapsed the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War. A time when the balance of power hung on a thread. Eastern Europe was grateful that Reagan called for tearing down the Berlin Wall and brought freedom not seen in Eastern Europe since before WW2.

Reagan signed amnesty on a deal with Democrats to secure the border. Democrat FAIL.

Reagan signed tax increases on a deal with Democrats to match with 2x spending cuts. Democrat FAIL

If there is any lesson here, it is to not trust Democrat Party "deals".

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-27-2013 at 23:54..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 00:13   #48
Syclone538

Quote:
Oddly enough, I feel you have the most potential. But growth without learning is like a building without a foundation.

Don't just accept what is thrown at you. Look for the roots underneath. When you know yourself, and know your opponent, you will never loose a battle.

Best wishes.
Because I didn't lie about reading the article? Being honest shouldn't be anything special. do ngu nam goi cam quan ao thoi trang han quoc chan goi so sinh vay lien cong so quan ao ban buon chup anh cho be

Anyway, I'm not right or left, I'm libertarian, almost to the point of being anarchist, so I don't just take what is thrown at me. Though I guess you could make the argument that I trust reason, cato, and mises, and take what they throw at me. I'd disagree, but the argument could be made.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:40..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 00:15   #49
Syclone538

Quote:
Reagan signed amnesty on a deal with Democrats to secure the border. Democrat FAIL.

Reagan signed tax increases on a deal with Democrats to match with 2x spending cuts. Democrat FAIL
How are these D failures? Looks to me like D huge successes. They got what they wanted with little or nothing in return. do ngu nam dep quan ao thoi trang quan ao so sinh cho be vay cong so nu ban buon quan ao chup anh studio dep

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:40..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12   #50
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Shrub the First started us on this downhill slide 20 years ago.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26   #51
jlavallee

Sadly, Reagan is so far the best President in my lifetime by a LARGE margin. That being said, he was FAR from good enough and he is the only one that I believe actually had good intentions. Look at his actions compared to other presidents and he looks pretty good, look at A2, S1 and how the exec ensures A1, S8 is followed and he was a miserable failure.

We've only had a few Presidents that really tried to stick to their job and not overreach. Reagan should have been the President I think Goldwater would have been. If we don't start holding them accountable to their duties as President then what is the point? If you believe the Constitution needs amendment then fine, there is a process in place for that. Until we follow what we say is our law, we're just kidding ourselves.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43   #52
engineer151515

Quote:
How are these D failures? Looks to me like D huge successes. They got what they wanted with little or nothing in return.
I rely on your earlier reply.
Being honest shouldn't be anything special.

We get the government we vote for.
Old 01-28-2013, 14:58   #53
brickboy240

Where is Bush-ism really THAT different from Obama-ism?

-brickboy240
Old 01-28-2013, 16:09   #54
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
Where is Bush-ism really THAT different from Obama-ism?

-brickboy240
And, for that matter, is Obama Derangement Syndrome any different than Bush Derangement Syndrome?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote