Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 21:11   #41
KenB47
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
As a semi-serious response...I'm going to put away everything but my CCW and get out my RWS 34P air rifle. Shooting .177 cal. is about 3 cents a pop. It's got a nice little 3x9, weighs 8 lbs. and is very quiet. I could hit the Wally-Worlds today and get 10,000 hollow point pellets. They aren't even considered a firearm..cause they got no fire. But desperate times call for...and, they're crazy accurate too. Rabbits at 35 yds. Beats watching re-runs.
KenB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 00:31   #42
edtf
Senior Member
 
edtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: QC
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB47 View Post
As a semi-serious response...I'm going to put away everything but my CCW and get out my RWS 34P air rifle. Shooting .177 cal. is about 2 or 3 cents a pop. It's got a nice little 3x9, weighs 8 lbs. and is very quiet. I could hit the Wally-Worlds today and get 10,000 hollow point pellets. They aren't even considered a firearm..cause they got no fire. But desperate times call for...and, they're crazy accurate too. Rabbits at 35 yds. Beats watching re-runs. NOW I see I'm on the wrong threadthing..it still applies though. sorry
I have been thinking of getting an airgun too! bad part because of the election ban here (Phil) airsoft and airguns are also prohibited :(

as a side note I just came from armscor got my pistol from safe keeping and got to fire 100 rounds - feels goooooooooddddd
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:40   #43
jasonub
Senior Member
 
jasonub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,359
i have an anschutz mpr sa pnsa. someone can buy it and shoot it anytime it has a leupold 45x on it now

Last edited by jasonub; 01-23-2013 at 05:40..
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:53   #44
gunsup
Junior Member
 
gunsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 96
Reload and make venison jerky. Other than that I am a slave to my wood stove all winter , C'mon April

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
gunsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:00   #45
batangueno
Shock Resist
 
batangueno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,866


Catching up on all the tv series i've missed.

Walking Dead
Homeland
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire

Any other suggestions?
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:12   #46
edtf
Senior Member
 
edtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: QC
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by batangueno View Post
Catching up on all the tv series i've missed.

Walking Dead
Homeland
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire

Any other suggestions?
criminal minds, ncis and grimm

check out this site for other series
http://next-episode.net/
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:03   #47
batangueno
Shock Resist
 
batangueno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,866


Ma-download na nga. . Thanks.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 23:34   #48
kidlat_tahimik
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 54
@ batangueno +100 on breaking bad
season 5 rocks!!!
kidlat_tahimik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 00:06   #49
bug
Senior Member
 
bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze View Post
Hi Mike,

Just to clarify, we're not talking about a gun ban which entails the turning over of firearms to the government, this is a Philippine sub forum, and we're discussing the election gun ban wherein our PTCFOR's (our equivalent of the CCW Permit) are temporarily cancelled for a pre-determined time before and after the actual election
I see we are not alone with laws that make zero sense...

As a side not I met the guy that runs armscor nice guy! got to shoot his .22tcm what a great little pistol that is...

It has made it to next on my list!

Do you have an equivalent "2nd Amendment" in the Philippines?
Or can the GOV just decide you are out of luck and you have no recourse?
__________________
Life Is short live well

Last edited by bug; 01-27-2013 at 00:08..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 00:22   #50
mayhem23
Far East Sailor
 
mayhem23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid-TN
Posts: 135
Reload a coffee can full of 9mm brass and enroll in underwater basket weaving.
__________________
U.S. Navy-Retired

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once. William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
mayhem23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59   #51
edtf
Senior Member
 
edtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: QC
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
I see we are not alone with laws that make zero sense...

As a side not I met the guy that runs armscor nice guy! got to shoot his .22tcm what a great little pistol that is...

It has made it to next on my list!

Do you have an equivalent "2nd Amendment" in the Philippines?
Or can the GOV just decide you are out of luck and you have no recourse?
Gun ownership is a privilege and yes gov can sa you are SOT :(

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 18:10   #52
batangueno
Shock Resist
 
batangueno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,866


Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat_tahimik View Post
@ batangueno +100 on breaking bad
season 5 rocks!!!
I just finished season 2. 5 seasons na pala.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 19:30   #53
CatsMeow
Senior Member
 
CatsMeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manila, imported from Cebu City
Posts: 2,710
Went to the Armscor range at MCS yesterday and popped off a few with one of their rental hi-cap 1911s, gun shot low and to the left and was awfully dirty but at least it was shooting, to make me feel better after the events of the past weeks. And best of all, I don't have to clean it myself after shooting.

Last Saturday (again to make me feel better), I drove to Pangasinan via Zambales, refueled at Subic before proceeding (gas there is cheaper). I met a lot of cyclists going the other way. The whole trip was 625km per the odometer reading and I arrived in MM 11pm. I want to do it again.
__________________
"My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum."
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 19:58   #54
AsSeenOnTV
Senior Member
 
AsSeenOnTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A liddo Northwest of you.....
Posts: 221
I go snow shoeing and take pictures
Band of Glockers
Band of Glockers
Band of Glockers
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 20:02   #55
edtf
Senior Member
 
edtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: QC
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
Went to the Armscor range at MCS yesterday and popped off a few with one of their rental hi-cap 1911s, gun shot low and to the left and was awfully dirty but at least it was shooting, to make me feel better after the events of the past weeks. And best of all, I don't have to clean it myself after shooting.

Last Saturday (again to make me feel better), I drove to Pangasinan via Zambales, refueled at Subic before proceeding (gas there is cheaper). I met a lot of cyclists going the other way. The whole trip was 625km per the odometer reading and I arrived in MM 11pm. I want to do it again.
There is a cycling race now - ronda something.
Speaking of cleaning guns. I had to leave my gun dirty in Marikina. Geeezzz I better bring my cleaning gear next time I go. Hopefully it won't turn into a rust bucket next time I use it
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:02   #56
Allegra
Senior Member
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
Went to the Armscor range at MCS yesterday and popped off a few with one of their rental hi-cap 1911s, gun shot low and to the left and was awfully dirty but at least it was shooting, to make me feel better after the events of the past weeks. And best of all, I don't have to clean it myself after shooting.

Last Saturday (again to make me feel better), I drove to Pangasinan via Zambales, refueled at Subic before proceeding (gas there is cheaper). I met a lot of cyclists going the other way. The whole trip was 625km per the odometer reading and I arrived in MM 11pm. I want to do it again.
does that pass thru the towns of san narciso,zambales? that's beautiful amorsolo landscapes na nagiging rare na dito satin
Sarap roadtrip!
a GPS would be handy
it will tell you the nearest anything from restos,hospitals to vulcanizing shops in an area
Though of course getting lost, is part of the appeal
__________________
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver

Last edited by Allegra; 01-27-2013 at 22:06..
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:10   #57
bug
Senior Member
 
bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf View Post
Gun ownership is a privilege and yes gov can sa you are SOT :(

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
That sucks
__________________
Life Is short live well
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 23:45   #58
CatsMeow
Senior Member
 
CatsMeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manila, imported from Cebu City
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
does that pass thru the towns of san narciso,zambales? that's beautiful amorsolo landscapes na nagiging rare na dito satin
Sarap roadtrip!
a GPS would be handy
it will tell you the nearest anything from restos,hospitals to vulcanizing shops in an area
Though of course getting lost, is part of the appeal
Oh I almost got lost in Iba, Zambales town proper, turns out the sign was facing the other way so I missed the intersection and had to turn around. Also on my way back I decided not to take the SCTEX and just go through MacArthur highway from Tarlac to Mabalacat, Pampanga I haven't done so in years, I was pleasantly surprised that the highway was widened.

If gas wasn't so expensive I'd do it more often, as I did before when less than P1k would buy you a tankful.
__________________
"My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum."
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:18   #59
edtf
Senior Member
 
edtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: QC
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
Oh I almost got lost in Iba, Zambales town proper, turns out the sign was facing the other way so I missed the intersection and had to turn around. Also on my way back I decided not to take the SCTEX and just go through MacArthur highway from Tarlac to Mabalacat, Pampanga I haven't done so in years, I was pleasantly surprised that the highway was widened.

If gas wasn't so expensive I'd do it more often, as I did before when less than P1k would buy you a tankful.
I would want to try a road trip going north east - Aurora then up to Banawe then Pinatubo. I think that would be an epic trip.

OR

Vigan then up to Sagada.
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 19:59   #60
CatsMeow
Senior Member
 
CatsMeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manila, imported from Cebu City
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
I go snow shoeing and take pictures
Band of Glockers
Band of Glockers
Band of Glockers
A moose calf? Great find!

Perhaps for regular road trips a big bike might be cool, but I don't have one.
__________________
"My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum."

Last edited by CatsMeow; 01-28-2013 at 20:02..
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 826
248 Members
578 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31