SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:54   #21
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post

Did you read the title of the thread you're posting in?
Did you even read the article the OP posted as the basis of the thread, or the first 8 responses to this thread?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57   #22
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState View Post

Every Republican and Democrat voter knows Bush and Obama were/are disasters, but they are consumed by cognitive dissonance, refusing to admit the truth to even themselves because they care more about the image of their party than their own future and the future of their children.
You forgot the inventor of the retroactive tax increase and one of the supporters of the policy that would ultimately undercut secured banking fundamentals leading to the near collapse of the world economy, Bill Clinton.

I could rail against every policy disagreement all the way back to Johnson which would be relevant to my life, but if you don't turn your political vision to what is happening today, you are going to wake up "employed" by the government, confined to health care policies, totally taxed to support the state's collapsed currency and disarmed.

Welcome to 2013.

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-27-2013 at 09:04..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57   #23
maxsnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Any "damage" claimed by GW Bush was passed by Congress, renewed by Obama himself (with his famous "autopen" - not having the political courage to sign it in person), and expanded upon exponentially by the recent crop of Senate Democrats and the President. You wail about border security. The only border fence you got was under Bush. You wail about Medicare Part D. You got Obamacare. You wail about increasing the debt 4 trillion dollars over 8 years fighting 2 wars. You're gonna have 10 trillion dollars on top of that. Wake up. If four more years of Bush meant I would save my children 6 trillion dollars of additional debt, sign me up!

The Bush railings were valid political discussion 4 years ago. Actually, more like 6 years ago with the final 2 years of a Democrat spendthrift Congress.

It makes as much sense as me railing against Bill Clinton for being an embarrassing looser of a President.
You seem to think that since Bush was not quite as bad as Obama we should give him a pass.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:02   #24
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
A future Republican nominee needs to be able to claim credibly that he does not represent the second coming of George W. Bush. Right now, Rubio seems to working overtime to confirm that this is exactly what he wants to be.
Obama is Bush on steroids.

I truly wish we would get an honest, conservative, man/woman of principle to vote for.

Yeah I know, I said honest in a thread about politicians.

Silly me, I can dream can't I.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

"Nobody should ever run a race where they are lapped by the sun."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05   #25
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
You seem to think that since Bush was not quite as bad as Obama we should give him a pass.
Now, it is your arguments that lack detail.

I state what I think. You need not interject.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:23   #26
Syclone538

Quote:
Did you even read the article the OP posted as the basis of the thread,
No.

Quote:
or the first 8 responses to this thread?
Yes. I generally agree with posts 3-9 do lot triumph do lot nu goi cam bao tay cho be thoi trang cong so nu ao so mi cong so album anh cuoi dep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:41..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25   #27
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Political Issues

Did you guys even know that you were caught? Bush was demonized, hated by the left with about as much vehemence as I've ever seen, even worse than Sarah Palin.

You fell for labeling Rubio as Bush III.

Rubio is Rubio, I'm not too trusting of him either, but let's see what develops and not fall for the liberal trap of character assassination by association.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-27-2013 at 11:26..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:15   #28
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post

Did you guys even know that you were caught? Bush was demonized, hated by the left with about as much vehemence as I've ever seen, even worse than Sarah Palin.

You fell for labeling Rubio as Bush III.

Rubio is Rubio, I'm not too trusting of him either, but let's see what develops and not fall for the liberal trap of character assassination by association.
About all I can say is Bush was not a conservative (even though he called himself such) and unless I've been fooled, Daniel Larison is not a liberal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

"Nobody should ever run a race where they are lapped by the sun."

Last edited by happyguy; 01-27-2013 at 12:16..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18   #29
Gundude

Quote:
The Bush railings were valid political discussion 4 years ago. Actually, more like 6 years ago with the final 2 years of a Democrat spendthrift Congress.
Yeah, God forbid we learn from our mistakes when they're such ancient history.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:20   #30
Gundude

Quote:
Any "damage" claimed by GW Bush was passed by Congress, renewed by Obama himself
Funny how Congress passed it originally, but Obama renewed it all by himself. Who wrote the renewal that Obama signed by autopen?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 13:11   #31
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Both political parties are playing their supporters like fiddles. Bush (republicans) sucked, Obama (democrats) is/are able to suck even worse because of the previous foundation laid. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by juggy4711; 01-27-2013 at 13:11..
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 13:21   #32
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Yeah, God forbid we learn from our mistakes when they're such ancient history.
As a country, we aren't learning at all from the mistake made 4 years ago. I'm not a fan of Rubio, but criticize him about being him.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-27-2013, 13:23   #33
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Both political parties are playing their supporters like fiddles. Bush (republicans) sucked, Obama (democrats) is/are able to suck even worse because of the previous foundation laid. Rinse and repeat.
All political parties are doing the same. Yes, even yours.

I don't see anyone that is acting like a servant of the people that has asked to be president in the last 12 years or so.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-27-2013, 15:20   #34
maxsnafu

Quote:
As a country, we aren't learning at all from the mistake made 4 years ago. I'm not a fan of Rubio, but criticize him about being him.
When him being him ideologically resembles Bush why can't we criticize him for that?
Old 01-27-2013, 15:44   #35
Berto
woo woo

I stand by what I said. Bush smells like a friggin rose compared to what we have now.
It's interesting how the knee jerk still kicks in with leftist when the name Bush is mentioned...yet they voted for an amplified version of "even worse".
I was in the house when the house burned down.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 16:38   #36
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
When him being him ideologically resembles Bush why can't we criticize him for that?
Oh, you can do just about anything you want too. There will be a concerted effort to attack every possible conservative republican candidate, in the hopes that another liberal republican will get nominated.

I'd prefer not to take part in that.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-27-2013, 17:16   #37
EOS
Pro Liberty

Quote:
Oh, you can do just about anything you want too. There will be a concerted effort to attack every possible conservative republican candidate, in the hopes that another liberal republican will get nominated.

I'd prefer not to take part in that.
That comment makes the implication that Rubio ISN'T one of those liberal republicans you speak of...........

You've just taken the bait you just warned us about.

Last edited by EOS; 01-27-2013 at 17:19..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 17:28   #38
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState View Post
That comment makes the implication that Rubio ISN'T one of those liberal republicans you speak of...........

You've just taken the bait you just warned us about.
Nope, I never pretended to like Rubio. I'm not asking anyone to like him. His recent statements on immigration have me not liking him a lot. But character assassination by association is a dishonest tactic.

I'd like a deep field of choices a year before the primary.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-27-2013, 17:43   #39
maxsnafu

Quote:
Nope, I never pretended to like Rubio. I'm not asking anyone to like him. His recent statements on immigration have me not liking him a lot. But character assassination by association is a dishonest tactic.

I'd like a deep field of choices a year before the primary.
No one is impugning his character. We're disagreeing with his policies which appear suspiciously and lamentably similar to George Bush's.
Old 01-27-2013, 17:47   #40
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
All political parties are doing the same. Yes, even yours.

I don't see anyone that is acting like a servant of the people that has asked to be president in the last 12 years or so.
I may be most accurately labeled a constitutional libertarian but I am not a member of the Libertarian party. I don't belong to/have a political party. I don't believe in them. You just thought you had me in a gotcha game and could not resist.

And I'm not surprised you haven't seen one.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote