GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 08:23   #26
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Did you even read the article the OP posted as the basis of the thread,
...
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
...
or the first 8 responses to this thread?
Yes. I generally agree with posts 3-9 do lot triumph do lot nu goi cam bao tay cho be thoi trang cong so nu ao so mi cong so album anh cuoi dep
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.
Do lot Do so sinh Ban buon quan ao Chup anh cho be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:41..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25   #27
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Political Issues




Did you guys even know that you were caught? Bush was demonized, hated by the left with about as much vehemence as I've ever seen, even worse than Sarah Palin.

You fell for labeling Rubio as Bush III.

Rubio is Rubio, I'm not too trusting of him either, but let's see what develops and not fall for the liberal trap of character assassination by association.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-27-2013 at 10:26..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15   #28
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post

Did you guys even know that you were caught? Bush was demonized, hated by the left with about as much vehemence as I've ever seen, even worse than Sarah Palin.

You fell for labeling Rubio as Bush III.

Rubio is Rubio, I'm not too trusting of him either, but let's see what develops and not fall for the liberal trap of character assassination by association.
About all I can say is Bush was not a conservative (even though he called himself such) and unless I've been fooled, Daniel Larison is not a liberal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 01-27-2013 at 11:16..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18   #29
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
The Bush railings were valid political discussion 4 years ago. Actually, more like 6 years ago with the final 2 years of a Democrat spendthrift Congress.
Yeah, God forbid we learn from our mistakes when they're such ancient history.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20   #30
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Any "damage" claimed by GW Bush was passed by Congress, renewed by Obama himself
Funny how Congress passed it originally, but Obama renewed it all by himself. Who wrote the renewal that Obama signed by autopen?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11   #31
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Both political parties are playing their supporters like fiddles. Bush (republicans) sucked, Obama (democrats) is/are able to suck even worse because of the previous foundation laid. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by juggy4711; 01-27-2013 at 12:11..
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:21   #32
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Yeah, God forbid we learn from our mistakes when they're such ancient history.
As a country, we aren't learning at all from the mistake made 4 years ago. I'm not a fan of Rubio, but criticize him about being him.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23   #33
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Both political parties are playing their supporters like fiddles. Bush (republicans) sucked, Obama (democrats) is/are able to suck even worse because of the previous foundation laid. Rinse and repeat.
All political parties are doing the same. Yes, even yours.

I don't see anyone that is acting like a servant of the people that has asked to be president in the last 12 years or so.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 14:20   #34
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
As a country, we aren't learning at all from the mistake made 4 years ago. I'm not a fan of Rubio, but criticize him about being him.
When him being him ideologically resembles Bush why can't we criticize him for that?
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 14:44   #35
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 28,695


I stand by what I said. Bush smells like a friggin rose compared to what we have now.
It's interesting how the knee jerk still kicks in with leftist when the name Bush is mentioned...yet they voted for an amplified version of "even worse".
__________________
...Then I found a place it's dark and it's rotted
it's a cool, sweet kinda-place where the copters won't spot it.
-T Hip
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 15:38   #36
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
When him being him ideologically resembles Bush why can't we criticize him for that?
Oh, you can do just about anything you want too. There will be a concerted effort to attack every possible conservative republican candidate, in the hopes that another liberal republican will get nominated.

I'd prefer not to take part in that.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 16:16   #37
EOS
Senior Member
 
EOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Oh, you can do just about anything you want too. There will be a concerted effort to attack every possible conservative republican candidate, in the hopes that another liberal republican will get nominated.

I'd prefer not to take part in that.
That comment makes the implication that Rubio ISN'T one of those liberal republicans you speak of...........

You've just taken the bait you just warned us about.

Last edited by EOS; 01-27-2013 at 16:19..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 16:28   #38
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState View Post
That comment makes the implication that Rubio ISN'T one of those liberal republicans you speak of...........

You've just taken the bait you just warned us about.
Nope, I never pretended to like Rubio. I'm not asking anyone to like him. His recent statements on immigration have me not liking him a lot. But character assassination by association is a dishonest tactic.

I'd like a deep field of choices a year before the primary.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 16:43   #39
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Nope, I never pretended to like Rubio. I'm not asking anyone to like him. His recent statements on immigration have me not liking him a lot. But character assassination by association is a dishonest tactic.

I'd like a deep field of choices a year before the primary.
No one is impugning his character. We're disagreeing with his policies which appear suspiciously and lamentably similar to George Bush's.
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 16:47   #40
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
All political parties are doing the same. Yes, even yours.

I don't see anyone that is acting like a servant of the people that has asked to be president in the last 12 years or so.
I may be most accurately labeled a constitutional libertarian but I am not a member of the Libertarian party. I don't belong to/have a political party. I don't believe in them. You just thought you had me in a gotcha game and could not resist.

And I'm not surprised you haven't seen one.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 17:59   #41
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
I may be most accurately labeled a constitutional libertarian but I am not a member of the Libertarian party. I don't belong to/have a political party. I don't believe in them. You just thought you had me in a gotcha game and could not resist.

And I'm not surprised you haven't seen one.
Not a gotcha game aimed at you, there is no one I have seen running for president in many, many years that was not in it for themselves. The thought of politicians as public servants of the people is gone.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-27-2013 at 17:59..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 20:59   #42
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?
 
Rooster Rugburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hopefully, on your ignore list
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
The guy that got the TSA started and began the PATRIOT act is looking good to you? Holy ****, comparing a current statist to a previous statist shows you don't understand a damn thing.
BRAVO!!!!!!

Repubican big spending... GOOD. Repubican growth of government.....GOOD. Repubican running massive deficit..... GOOD. Repubicans doubling the national debt.... GOOD. Democrats doing any of it..... BAD.

But you are wasting your time. These repubicans don't care what government does, as long as it's a repubican doing it. A definite lack of integrity.

They hold Reagan the original "RINO" in high esteem. But he ran up big debt, signed gun control, and signed amnesty. But let's not get into specifics.
__________________
Sent from American Standard low flow using Crappertalk.


Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?

Last edited by Rooster Rugburn; 01-27-2013 at 21:00..
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:09   #43
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Not a gotcha game aimed at you, there is no one I have seen running for president in many, many years that was not in it for themselves. The thought of politicians as public servants of the people is gone.
Sure it was. Even my party was guilty. You are so full of ****. Past 12 years was what you posted. So who before that was a servant of the people?
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:30   #44
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,096


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Funny how Congress passed it originally, but Obama renewed it all by himself. Who wrote the renewal that Obama signed by autopen?
A Republican House and a Democrat Senate.

Funny indeed. Considering how the Democrats have railed against it for years.

Obama's autopen. The ultimate "present" vote.
__________________
A picture is worth a thousand words but you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered. You should have seen it in color. - Jamey Johnson - In Color
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:33   #45
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,096


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Yeah, God forbid we learn from our mistakes when they're such ancient history.
I would rejoice at any evidence that the American voter has learned anything from the mistakes of the past.

I'd bet you would join me in a celebratory drink to such evidence.

We can only hope.
__________________
A picture is worth a thousand words but you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered. You should have seen it in color. - Jamey Johnson - In Color
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:44   #46
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,096


Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post

Did you read the title of the thread you're posting in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Did you even read the article the OP posted as the basis of the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
or the first 8 responses to this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
Yes. I generally agree with posts 3-9
Oddly enough, I feel you have the most potential. But growth without learning is like a building without a foundation.

Don't just accept what is thrown at you. Look for the roots underneath. When you know yourself, and know your opponent, you will never loose a battle.

Best wishes.
__________________
A picture is worth a thousand words but you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered. You should have seen it in color. - Jamey Johnson - In Color

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-27-2013 at 22:44..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:53   #47
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,096


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post

They hold Reagan the original "RINO" in high esteem. But he ran up big debt, signed gun control, and signed amnesty. But let's not get into specifics.
No, let's do get into specifics.

Reagan debt collapsed the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War. A time when the balance of power hung on a thread. Eastern Europe was grateful that Reagan called for tearing down the Berlin Wall and brought freedom not seen in Eastern Europe since before WW2.

Reagan signed amnesty on a deal with Democrats to secure the border. Democrat FAIL.

Reagan signed tax increases on a deal with Democrats to match with 2x spending cuts. Democrat FAIL

If there is any lesson here, it is to not trust Democrat Party "deals".
__________________
A picture is worth a thousand words but you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered. You should have seen it in color. - Jamey Johnson - In Color

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-27-2013 at 22:54..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 23:13   #48
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Oddly enough, I feel you have the most potential. But growth without learning is like a building without a foundation.

Don't just accept what is thrown at you. Look for the roots underneath. When you know yourself, and know your opponent, you will never loose a battle.

Best wishes.
Because I didn't lie about reading the article? Being honest shouldn't be anything special. do ngu nam goi cam quan ao thoi trang han quoc chan goi so sinh vay lien cong so quan ao ban buon chup anh cho be

Anyway, I'm not right or left, I'm libertarian, almost to the point of being anarchist, so I don't just take what is thrown at me. Though I guess you could make the argument that I trust reason, cato, and mises, and take what they throw at me. I'd disagree, but the argument could be made.
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.
Do lot Do so sinh Ban buon quan ao Chup anh cho be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:40..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 23:15   #49
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
...
Reagan signed amnesty on a deal with Democrats to secure the border. Democrat FAIL.

Reagan signed tax increases on a deal with Democrats to match with 2x spending cuts. Democrat FAIL
...
How are these D failures? Looks to me like D huge successes. They got what they wanted with little or nothing in return. do ngu nam dep quan ao thoi trang quan ao so sinh cho be vay cong so nu ban buon quan ao chup anh studio dep
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.
Do lot Do so sinh Ban buon quan ao Chup anh cho be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:40..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 00:12   #50
stevelyn
NRA Life Member
 
stevelyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell
Posts: 8,238
Shrub the First started us on this downhill slide 20 years ago.
__________________
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 737
209 Members
528 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42