GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 17:33   #126
2bgop
Senior Member
 
2bgop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the SEC
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
The GG's pulled America out of the economic doldrums, fought a war and put America on a path to prosperity and world leadership.
Thats what made them the greatest. All the rest of us are just riding on their coat tails.
I am paying 10s of thousands a year in taxes to pay for what I am riding. Oh the 15% of my income that goes into SS, how much of that will be there for me when I turn 70?
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 17:38   #127
Green Mountain Boy
Senior Member
 
Green Mountain Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Green Mountain State
Posts: 1,406
Ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bgop View Post
I am paying 10s of thousands a year in taxes to pay for what I am riding. Oh the 15% of my income that goes into SS, how much of that will be there for me when I turn 70?
It really sends me that I am supporting my elders as well as my "peers" the fact that these handouts are even referred to as entitlements is beyond unacceptable in my book.

My generation is too busy liking crap on Facebook to do anything productive with themselves. If we all knew what we were all in fore many of us would be pissed and would be working way way harder.

Regards, GMB
__________________
"Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms and Open Eyes" Incubus

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:35   #128
norton
Senior Member
 
norton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Land of Lincoln, the growing years
Posts: 6,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bgop View Post
I am paying 10s of thousands a year in taxes to pay for what I am riding. Oh the 15% of my income that goes into SS, how much of that will be there for me when I turn 70?
If it hadn't been for the efforts of the GG's, you would be scratching earth to plant your meager plot, hoping you and your family don't starve next year. And you would be speaking Japanese or German, lucky to be alive. Besides, the GG's are gone now for the most part. You aren't paying for any of their costs.
__________________
Tinker to Evers to Chance.
norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:41   #129
I Shoot Guns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
I am 23 years old and I live at home and I am going to let bunch of overweight 50 year olds who probably worked in climate controlled offices their whole life tell me that I am a loser and not "tough" like their generation?

I work about 50 hours a week blue collar doing hard work both mentally and physically. I make 50k a year which isn't too bad for my age.

I agree with a lot of things that are being said here believe me. But that list is so vague. I also live in Northeast NJ not bumble**** South Carolina (althought I wish I did sometimes) and I can't go buy a house for 80 thousand dollars.

A 600 square foot studio apartment costs $950 a month.

Most kids I know my age either live at home or live with a few people. Although most of them do seem to have a sense of entitlement which pisses me off but that's another story.

But really to dump everyone that lives at home being called a loser? That pisses me off and not to be an Internet tough guy or come off as an ******* but I wouldn't be surprised if my life is a lot more full and exciting then some Internet commando who just called me a loser.
I Shoot Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:46   #130
Landmonster
Senior Member
 
Landmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Shoot Guns View Post
I am 23 years old and I live at home and I am going to let bunch of overweight 50 year olds who probably worked in climate controlled offices their whole life tell me that I am a loser and not "tough" like their generation?

I work about 50 hours a week blue collar doing hard work both mentally and physically. I make 50k a year which isn't too bad for my age.

I agree with a lot of things that are being said here believe me. But that list is so vague. I also live in Northeast NJ not bumble**** South Carolina (althought I wish I did sometimes) and I can't go buy a house for 80 thousand dollars.

A 600 square foot studio apartment costs $950 a month.

Most kids I know my age either live at home or live with a few people. Although most of them do seem to have a sense of entitlement which pisses me off but that's another story.

But really to dump everyone that lives at home being called a loser? That pisses me off and not to be an Internet tough guy or come off as an ******* but I wouldn't be surprised if my life is a lot more full and exciting then some Internet commando who just called me a loser.

Save up cash for a few years, and pay cash for a house in a cheaper state.
Landmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:52   #131
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
If it hadn't been for the efforts of the GG's, you would be scratching earth to plant your meager plot, hoping you and your family don't starve next year. And you would be speaking Japanese or German, lucky to be alive. Besides, the GG's are gone now for the most part. You aren't paying for any of their costs.
And if it weren't for the current generation we would be speaking Farsi and living under Sharia Law in a decade or three.

Heck, the way I understand it, the people back then didnt want to go to war and it was only after we were attacked that we went to war.

Norton, I am sure everyone respects that generation. Many of us just dont see them deserving as the greatest.

How about the first settlers of this land from Europe. They certainly had it tough and survived.

What about other cultures here?
What about the greatest generation of Native Americans?
How about the greatest generation of freed slaves who endured and strived to bring themselves up from chains?

If you ask these other cultures, I bet they would not see things so great back then. Probably not women who lived then also. Lets not even talk about
non-breeders.

We cannot judge ourselves by 1939 values as we cannot judge them by 2013 values.





Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:07   #132
norton
Senior Member
 
norton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Land of Lincoln, the growing years
Posts: 6,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
And if it weren't for the current generation we would be speaking Farsi and living under Sharia Law in a decade or three.

Heck, the way I understand it, the people back then didnt want to go to war and it was only after we were attacked that we went to war.

Norton, I am sure everyone respects that generation. Many of us just dont see them deserving as the greatest.

How about the first settlers of this land from Europe. They certainly had it tough and survived.

What about other cultures here?
What about the greatest generation of Native Americans?
How about the greatest generation of freed slaves who endured and strived to bring themselves up from chains?

If you ask these other cultures, I bet they would not see things so great back then. Probably not women who lived then also. Lets not even talk about
non-breeders.

We cannot judge ourselves by 1939 values as we cannot judge them by 2013 values.





Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Hey, glad to see you are back.
My end is, my parents were GG's. So were my uncles, aunts, many of the neighbors I knew as a kid. My respect for them is and was immense. Most of them are gone now. We probably should define the GG's as the greatest generation of modern time.
As I have mentioned before, in my mind it doesn't mean some new future generation won't best what they did. Its just that as a baby boomer, it always pissed me off to see and hear my fellow boomers dissing on the G'G's when there's and mine lives were vastly improved-and our lives incredibly easy- due to the efforts of those of the WW2 generation.
__________________
Tinker to Evers to Chance.
norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:16   #133
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
The folks of who grew up in the Depression and WW2 know what hard work and sacrifice means. Because of what they did to build this nation, later generations wouldn't and didn't have to go through what they did.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:25   #134
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
Hey, glad to see you are back.
My end is, my parents were GG's. So were my uncles, aunts, many of the neighbors I knew as a kid. My respect for them is and was immense. Most of them are gone now. We probably should define the GG's as the greatest generation of modern time.
As I have mentioned before, in my mind it doesn't mean some new future generation won't best what they did. Its just that as a baby boomer, it always pissed me off to see and hear my fellow boomers dissing on the G'G's when there's and mine lives were vastly improved-and our lives incredibly easy- due to the efforts of those of the WW2 generation.
I dont agree with judging an entire generation, any generation.

We could go all day about how this or that generation is wrong on some way or another. Thats not me. I prefer to pass my almighty judgement on a singular person or an ideology.
Hahahahhaa

Norton, i understand your opinion.
I agree they certainly lifted our nation.

I also say your generation did also.

I have full faith in this generation also.

Perhaps as we look at it, as much better as some things get, some things get worse.

I would not want to live back then. Just medical technology is enough for me to want to live in the here and now.
The social advancements that have evolved over the years is something we can all be proud of, even in Mississippi. Hahahaha






Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:27   #135
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,082
I am sorry to say this, but all this talk about the greatest generation, really makes these people seem full of it. Not to minimize their accomplishments and contributions to this country, but the wars fought after WWII were not exactly a stroll on the beach either, and plenty of people sacrificed everything to keep us safe. Our enemies did not quit after WWII. Let's not forget that the current generation has instant access to the entire world of information, and we are the driving force behind technological advancements. Our accomplishments and sacrifices are no less important than those of the "greatest generation," yet somehow we are still seen as losers or otherwise inferior. And even then, you don't see us walking around extolling our accomplishments. Perhaps we are less concerned with giving ourselves arbitrary titles.

As far as those claiming that people who still live at home are losers, that's about as stupid an assertion as any, especially considering the current economic climate for college grads. It's one thing to be 30 and playing Xbox in your parents' basement, but to make a blanket assertion that people who live at home are losers is idiotic. Half of the students in my med school class still live with their parents, and I doubt that they qualify as losers. I would live with my parents in a heartbeat as it would save me a truckload of money, but they are 9 hours away.

Last edited by sputnik767; 01-25-2013 at 20:31..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:53   #136
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
Yes, we are raising a generation of complete losers. WWII years saw the emergence of the greatest generation. We have now succeeded in raising the worst generation ever, courtesy of the flower-power generation.
I think you are looking at it all wrong. Look at rich people..they can live in a mansion and have servants serve them all even when they are adults. Look at the tv show, Dallas.. Just because she gets help from her mom does not make her a "loser". Maybe she is an "only child" etc.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 21:23   #137
2bgop
Senior Member
 
2bgop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the SEC
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
If it hadn't been for the efforts of the GG's, you would be scratching earth to plant your meager plot, hoping you and your family don't starve next year. And you would be speaking Japanese or German, lucky to be alive. Besides, the GG's are gone now for the most part. You aren't paying for any of their costs.
Ok brother.
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 21:26   #138
2bgop
Senior Member
 
2bgop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the SEC
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
Hey, glad to see you are back.
My end is, my parents were GG's. So were my uncles, aunts, many of the neighbors I knew as a kid. My respect for them is and was immense. Most of them are gone now. We probably should define the GG's as the greatest generation of modern time.
As I have mentioned before, in my mind it doesn't mean some new future generation won't best what they did. Its just that as a baby boomer, it always pissed me off to see and hear my fellow boomers dissing on the G'G's when there's and mine lives were vastly improved-and our lives incredibly easy- due to the efforts of those of the WW2 generation.
You are correct about one point, I am paying for your generation to a much larger degree.
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 21:43   #139
Comedian
Senior Member
 
Comedian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 922
Mothers or parents that baby their kids are not doing them any favors. The mother will not be around forever. What happens when mommy dies and you have to fend for yourself? Uh oh!
__________________
Glock 19 RTF2
Glock 17 Gen 4
S&W M&P 9mm
Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 22:34   #140
mr00jimbo
Senior Member
 
mr00jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,247
I live in a city where a STARTER home is north of 1 million dollars (and an ordinary house is 2.5+) and jobs are scarce. People tend to live at home longer or in ****ty apartments.

This is what I see in all of Western society; men are chastised, blamed, imprisoned, ridiculed, deprived and demonized. They commit suicide more, go to prison more, drop out of school more, are less likely to go TO school.
Is it a problem that men are idiots? Or is the culture of constantly blaming them, shunning them, etc.
If you're a man and you go through a divorce, you will be deprived of seeing your children AND have to pay for your wife to have them and go around shopping on your dime. I see it happen all the time.
I think we're trying so hard to make everything "equal" that we're ****ing over society as a whole.
__________________
"Learning to shoot with a Glock is like learning to drive with a car with a smashed windshield and two flat tires."
-Yo

Last edited by mr00jimbo; 01-25-2013 at 22:43..
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 22:38   #141
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,066


Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco Kid View Post
That's why you send your daughter to college. To fall in love, and marry, a good professional man.
That only works if the marriage holds, and statistics say that's a crap-shoot. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 23:59   #142
Huaco Kid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: State
Posts: 3,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
That only works if the marriage holds, and statistics say that's a crap-shoot. HH
They got married immediately out of college. I expressed my concerns to both of them, once, individually.

I've been married almost 30 years. His parents, much longer. That probably a good example.

They are three years out of college, and are very close to being "The 1%".

They are young and it's their life now. So be it.
Huaco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:18   #143
caraker0341
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeflys1 View Post
Dating back to the earliest cave paintings, the line of older generations bemoaning the younger one remains unbroken.

Things will be ok, OP.

Ahhh, a post with actual wisdom in it. Someone get a Mod on this, ASAP!
__________________
Agent K "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
caraker0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:44   #144
Airborne Infantryman
Hated .GOV Goon
 
Airborne Infantryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Korea
Posts: 3,301
This applies to nobody in general, so don't get ****ing butthurt. Just speaking out loud, FWIW.


Its unfair to paint the younger generations with a broad brush as "losers", etc.

I'm 24 years old. I joined the U.S. Army at 17 years old. I've been married since I was 19 years old.

Emotionally, I've seen more than an average 45-50 year old.

Physically, I've seen more than almost any 45-50 year old.

I've been around the world multiple times........ I've touched the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers in Iraq........I've walked the mountains near Kandahar, Afghanistan.

I've fired my weapon at a living, breathing human being on more than one occasion.

I've physically seen 7 of my friends die, between Iraq and Afghanistan.

I've been to 22 memorial services for KIA in my units.

I've lead people into harms way.......at only 24 years old.

I'm currently walking the mountains of South Korea.

I've only seen two of my Anniversaries. I've been married 5 years.

My combined income between myself and my wife is roughly $77,000 a year.

I'm not college educated.

I've WORKED for every God damn ****ing thing I have. I've sacrificed blood, sweat, tears, being home for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc, for what I have.

DO NOT paint me with a broad brush, because you have no ****ing idea who I am, where I've been, or what I've done.

You are who you are; its not your parents job to ****ing baby you. You either decide you want to contribute to this world, or you don't. I owe nothing to anybody, and I don't expect anybody to give anything to me. I expect to work for anything in life.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 01-26-2013 at 05:52..
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09   #145
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
This applies to nobody in general, so don't get ****ing butthurt. Just speaking out loud, FWIW.


Its unfair to paint the younger generations with a broad brush as "losers", etc.

I'm 24 years old. I joined the U.S. Army at 17 years old. I've been married since I was 19 years old.

Emotionally, I've seen more than an average 45-50 year old.

Physically, I've seen more than almost any 45-50 year old.

I've been around the world multiple times........ I've touched the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers in Iraq........I've walked the mountains near Kandahar, Afghanistan.

I've fired my weapon at a living, breathing human being on more than one occasion.

I've physically seen 7 of my friends die, between Iraq and Afghanistan.

I've been to 22 memorial services for KIA in my units.

I've lead people into harms way.......at only 24 years old.

I'm currently walking the mountains of South Korea.

I've only seen two of my Anniversaries. I've been married 5 years.

My combined income between myself and my wife is roughly $77,000 a year.

I'm not college educated.

I've WORKED for every God damn ****ing thing I have. I've sacrificed blood, sweat, tears, being home for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc, for what I have.

DO NOT paint me with a broad brush, because you have no ****ing idea who I am, where I've been, or what I've done.

You are who you are; its not your parents job to ****ing baby you. You either decide you want to contribute to this world, or you don't. I owe nothing to anybody, and I don't expect anybody to give anything to me. I expect to work for anything in life.
Thank you for your service.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 13:14   #146
iDivideByZero
Padawan
 
iDivideByZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 158
I don't understand why people feel the need to paint generations with these broad strokes from the ole'stereotyping paintbrush. Lets be honest about the WW2 generation, there were those who stepped up when called upon, but some of the posts on here make it sound like every single person was a John Basilone. Every generation has hardship, and there are those that step up and face it with conviction and courage. Likewise, every generation has its share of losers and whiners. At the end of the day, we have grown up watching movies and tv shows, reading books and newspaper articles that idolize and place those from past generations on a pedestal. The history that we're taught in school is watered down, focusing on events that are emphasized as key, while neglecting other equally (or even more so) important parts. Today, everyone's voice is heard across the internet, and the media is more pervasive while serving their own agenda to the populace. The majority of people will have more to say about the negative they view today, simply because they forget (or are ignorant) about the errors and faults of our past. Has our society changed for worse? In some ways, but in others it has grown and become greater than it was. Irregardless, you simply can not make blanket statements about generations. Especially in a country like America that is composed of such a diverse populace.
__________________
If 'con' is the opposite of 'pro,' is 'congress' the opposite of 'progress?' - Philosoraptor

Last edited by iDivideByZero; 01-26-2013 at 13:14..
iDivideByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 18:54   #147
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Shoot Guns View Post
I am 23 years old and I live at home and I am going to let bunch of overweight 50 year olds who probably worked in climate controlled offices their whole life tell me that I am a loser and not "tough" like their generation?

I work about 50 hours a week blue collar doing hard work both mentally and physically. I make 50k a year which isn't too bad for my age.

I agree with a lot of things that are being said here believe me. But that list is so vague. I also live in Northeast NJ not bumble**** South Carolina (althought I wish I did sometimes) and I can't go buy a house for 80 thousand dollars.

A 600 square foot studio apartment costs $950 a month.

Most kids I know my age either live at home or live with a few people. Although most of them do seem to have a sense of entitlement which pisses me off but that's another story.

But really to dump everyone that lives at home being called a loser? That pisses me off and not to be an Internet tough guy or come off as an ******* but I wouldn't be surprised if my life is a lot more full and exciting then some Internet commando who just called me a loser.
The "average" salary in the US is fifty k a year. Most of these people that tell you that you need to live alone are either wealthy or in areas that it takes a ton less to live. It takes me sixty k a year to pay my obligations in the Dc area and I am single with no kids. As we get more and more diverse in America we will be back to multiple family living etc. Prices are way too high for the average person nowadays.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 19:28   #148
norton
Senior Member
 
norton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Land of Lincoln, the growing years
Posts: 6,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
The "average" salary in the US is fifty k a year. Most of these people that tell you that you need to live alone are either wealthy or in areas that it takes a ton less to live. It takes me sixty k a year to pay my obligations in the Dc area and I am single with no kids. As we get more and more diverse in America we will be back to multiple family living etc. Prices are way too high for the average person nowadays.
Everything is relative. Things cost less in the past because people made less money. I started as a claims adjuster with a multiple lines property and casualty ins company in 1975 for $9100 annual salary. And I had to earn a 4 year college degree to get that.

But my 2 bedroom apt in a very good part of North Indianapolis (Carmel) was $150 per month.

My mother who had an RN degree retired after 40 years as a charge nurse in 1984. She never earned more then $18,000 per year.
My Dad also retired in 1984. Classroom teacher in Science, 4 year degree and Masters-the most he ever earned was $30,000 per year.
__________________
Tinker to Evers to Chance.
norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 19:38   #149
norton
Senior Member
 
norton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Land of Lincoln, the growing years
Posts: 6,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDivideByZero View Post
I don't understand why people feel the need to paint generations with these broad strokes from the ole'stereotyping paintbrush. Lets be honest about the WW2 generation, there were those who stepped up when called upon, but some of the posts on here make it sound like every single person was a John Basilone. Every generation has hardship, and there are those that step up and face it with conviction and courage. Likewise, every generation has its share of losers and whiners. At the end of the day, we have grown up watching movies and tv shows, reading books and newspaper articles that idolize and place those from past generations on a pedestal. The history that we're taught in school is watered down, focusing on events that are emphasized as key, while neglecting other equally (or even more so) important parts. Today, everyone's voice is heard across the internet, and the media is more pervasive while serving their own agenda to the populace. The majority of people will have more to say about the negative they view today, simply because they forget (or are ignorant) about the errors and faults of our past. Has our society changed for worse? In some ways, but in others it has grown and become greater than it was. Irregardless, you simply can not make blanket statements about generations. Especially in a country like America that is composed of such a diverse populace.


My beef with many of these threads is the dismissal of what the Greatest Generation did-
I got on a web site and found the small county I live in in northeastern Indiana. The largest city in this county has about 35,000 people. It has not shrunk since the days of WW2.
More then 100 individuals from my county alone made the supereme sacrifice in WW2.
Lets give those folks the credit they deserve. Just as select individuals from the following generations deserve.
__________________
Tinker to Evers to Chance.

Last edited by norton; 01-26-2013 at 19:40..
norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 20:14   #150
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
I lived at home for a good while after collage. While I did so, I paid my fathers house off and supported him until he was able to collect social security.

I lived there long enough to save up enough money to purchase my own home. I have a collage degree and currently earn $50k per year.

And yes, I still help support my father.

I guess everyone that has lived at home and talks to their parent(s) daily are a looser.


I'm not going to tell the OP where to stick it since he's so smart, he should be able to figure that out on his own.

__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.

Last edited by NEOH212; 01-26-2013 at 20:15..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 759
189 Members
570 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42