Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2013, 17:18   #476
mad220860

mad220860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:59   #477
mattenglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Lmfao, ya that's a new one. Ooohhhhsss nooooeeesss not the "megaclip"... I'm just waiting for someone to post a picture and caption it with megaclip. Lol
must i use accepted "glock talk" jargon to be accepted here??? what does mega mean to most people? what is clip slang for some gun folks....this is no place for Grammar Nazis...a 10+++ round clip i termed megaclip off the cuff merely to simplify my post, knowing most reasonable folks would catch on to this "not officially approved" term.

some of you *********s are what give us gunlovers and patriots who understand the concept of the individual being able to protact themselves from tyranny a bad name.

bunch of conformists is what you are...you conform to everything your fellow peers go with to be accepted. buncha females.

i heard this forum had a bunch of Dbags, and found they are right...still a GLOCK lover, but done w/ this piece of **** forum.
mattenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:26   #478
USMCgs3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattenglish View Post
must i use accepted "glock talk" jargon to be accepted here??? what does mega mean to most people? what is clip slang for some gun folks....this is no place for Grammar Nazis...a 10+++ round clip i termed megaclip off the cuff merely to simplify my post, knowing most reasonable folks would catch on to this "not officially approved" term.

some of you *********s are what give us gunlovers and patriots who understand the concept of the individual being able to protact themselves from tyranny a bad name.

bunch of conformists is what you are...you conform to everything your fellow peers go with to be accepted. buncha females.

i heard this forum had a bunch of Dbags, and found they are right...still a GLOCK lover, but done w/ this piece of **** forum.
Huh, hicap is shorter, simpler term. Your rant implies your patriotism for sure. No need to get "megamad". :rolleyes:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
USMCgs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:38   #479
Bruce M

Quote:

The Okie Corral
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:43   #480
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

The Okie Corral

Take a deep breath, hold it for 20 minutes, try again.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 19:23   #481
Ruggles

Quote:

Not much conforming going on here, take a second and look around. There is more fighting over things going on in here than not most of the time
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 19:23   #482
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

http://youtu.be/yhQql-ZbZmg

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 01-20-2013 at 19:26..
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 19:24   #483
silentpoet

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 20:09   #484
PAGunner

Quote:

I for one will miss you, your rants, opinions and terminology has been epic over your 7 p
Old 01-20-2013, 20:44   #485
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

All gun owners know that mega clip starts at 1000 cartridges.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:05   #486
iDivideByZero
Padawan

The Okie Corral

You want megaclips???? HOW ABOUT MULTI MEGACLIPS!!!! EVEN MORE GRATUITOUS THAN YOUR MOTHER'S CLIPS!!!!

Last edited by iDivideByZero; 01-20-2013 at 21:05..
iDivideByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:23   #487
PhotoFeller

Matt- I think its called baptism under fire. I'd say you've been baptized and lost your virginity at the same time.

Settle back and get a feel for things here before you give up. It can get brutal, but it can be fun as well.

I made the mistake of referring to a clip once (a slip from Army days when we carried M-1s), and one misstep cured me. My wounds healed, and so will yours.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:42   #488
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:

perhaps, in stating my acceptance of increasing background registration,
Background registration?

Quote:
i should have emphasized the background check of the buyer...THIS is what makes it different from a mere receipt...
Again, its unenforceable. No one would follow it or have to. Unless the guns were pre-registered to a starting point on where they all are, anyone could transact without bothering and there's no telling when the gun changed hands because it wasn't known to begin with. Only new serial numbers manufactured after date certain X…the other 300 million, not so much.

Background checks are antithetical to our system of jurisprudence, innocent till proven guilty. A BG check presumes the reverse. Its still seeking permission of the government to exercise a God-given right. And while I'll remain polite, I despise those who roll over and surrender at the first suggestion just to please authority. What kind of man does that? No man at all…not if theres another option.

Quote:

my overall view on this is that i would be willing to stiffen the background checking in order to maintain AR/megaclip firearms.
Megaclip? So, you're owned part and parcel by the statist left, even adding to their pathetic nomenclature. Newsflash: What the press and the lefties call hi capacity magazines are actually, full-capacity magazines, more often than not what the weapon was designed for. 30 rounds isn't even enough if you were by yourself holding off a carload of home invaders in a rural setting with the nearest cop half an hour away if you've even had time to call them.

And while you may put your tail in the air in an act of cowardice and yell surrender, I would not bargain my rights away for anything. No ground ceded at all. There is no compromise, they want it all even when they say otherwise. I do not seek permission from anyone to have what's mine and may actually be needed someday to keep me alive.

Quote:
I understand the fear of "mission creep" by the leftists, but i feel the pros outweigh the cons and we can put issue to bed.
Fear? More like practical experience. I've been part of the battle against gun control for decades in multiple states.

There are no "pros". Just our guns, our rights and the scumbag thieves who think they need to control everyone who doesn't think like them. With them, the issue is never put to bed. Ever.

Just to cement things home for the dense who don't get it, the guns in the Newtown massacre were registered, CT being a very lefty state who's gun control is a statist dream that they'd love to have nationally. At point of sale, that also means the owner underwent a background check.

Tell me, what, exactly…how did registration and background check help those kids who were shot? What exactly did it do for them? Or save them from?

The truth is, a mentally ill person stole weapons. That's how it happened. So, talking about registration schemes and background checks, even mentioning them at all, is an idiotic exercise, a non-sequitor. As in, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED. Yet we have denizens of a gun forum running their yap, VOLUNTEERING cowardice and surrendering their rights for THINGS NOT EVEN RELATED TO WHAT HAPPENED…thinking they're going to save themselves, or perhaps convince others to while they masquerade as gun lovers while they troll as subversives.

FAIL.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:34   #489
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

What is important is understanding this is a polarizing issue. One side wants free unrestricted access to anything, the other wants them all rounded up, melted down into peace sign body piercings.

Giving anything to the other side only gets them closer to their goal. Universal background checks, registration, and any other tool where some guy can tap a few keys on a keyboard and find out exactly how many guns Mr. Joe Citizen has is a bad thing. I personally don't think it's any of their business. All my guns have legal and proper uses, and have never committed a single crime. That one little tiny step, where the location of the guns are know, is a VERY LARGE step toward confiscations, simply because it would allow a divide and conquer approach. The hemp rope sandal wearin' hippy isn't going to be any more happy about BATFE searching his house than you would be about them searching yours (Hippies have stashes of stuff they don't want "the man" to know about). If they just went for the gun owners, the hippies sit it out.

Pandora's box has been opened. The guns are out there. You can not get them all back. You cannot get all the mags back. People are still going to go crazy and do bad things. So far, the only rational solution I can see to the problem is increased physical security, and public awareness.

It's going to be an uphill battle, and it's going to be mean. This is an example of the two different images each side is pushing.

Guess which one works best on people driven by emotion.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57   #490
fwm

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
I honestly don't care about this. It isn't a big deal, we do it here. Take 2 seconds and doesn't cost anything. This is a compromise we should be willing to make to avoid any awb or mag ban.

Around here it cost $25 to $50 for a dealer to run a background check for person to person sales, if the seller insists on running one. With much increased volume demand, I am sure the price will go up. Don't have a clue where you are that they would be free.
Old 01-21-2013, 17:50   #491
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwm View Post
Around here it cost $25 to $50 for a dealer to run a background check for person to person sales, if the seller insists on running one. With much increased volume demand, I am sure the price will go up. Don't have a clue where you are that they would be free.
In va theyre $2.
Old 01-21-2013, 19:33   #492
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Nothing is free. And background checks for every transaction costs all of us more than the processing fee, or at least it could.

Play any action out three steps toward the Brady Campaign's wishes..... see what it does for you.
Old 01-21-2013, 19:36   #493
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
I for one will miss you, your rants, opinions and terminology has been epic over your 7 p
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55   #494
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Not even a fair comparison. Freedom and liberty waved bye bye to everyone in that hell hole long ago. I bet most nypd will do as their emperors bloomberg and obama demand. Officers in the rest of america, especially red states will likely not follow such orders.

I'm inclined to fix it for you and say 'red counties' instead of "red states".

Last edited by MrGlock21; 01-22-2013 at 09:56..
MrGlock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:24   #495
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
Anyone that thinks that Obama and dems will let go the gun control issue is dreaming. They will continue to push, push and push. The Republican Party morale is at an all time low right now thanks to a lack of leadership and fear of the Emperor. We've already seen that in the Senate and House during the fiscal cliff dispute. I am hoping that the House will have some backbone and refuse to go along with Obama's proposal. But it would not surprise me to see many Republicans jump into the gun control bandwagon.

Onto a tangent ... I finally joined the NRA.
Well put.
You joined the NRA, good for you!

I urge every (potential) gun owner and everyone who understands liberty to join the NRA . No excuses, no whining about adverising in the mail.

The top dems will continue to push, the pawn dems will obey and a bunch of somnambulating Republicans will be eaten alive and then you have the usual pickle ...now they have smelled the blood and they won't let go.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34   #496
sugarcreek
Tag Team Champs

Did I just miss something? Jargon matters in so far as it matters. For instance, we can talk about hi-cap mags, or standard 15s for the 19... 10 rounds to me is no megaclip. New York residents who used to load their model 30 and 26 pistols, fully, are now criminals if they have more than 7 rounds in reserve.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33   #497
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcreek View Post
Did I just miss something? Jargon matters in so far as it matters. For instance, we can talk about hi-cap mags, or standard 15s for the 19... 10 rounds to me is no megaclip. New York residents who used to load their model 30 and 26 pistols, fully, are now criminals if they have more than 7 rounds in reserve.
It's my understanding that the mere possession of a magazine that holds or can be easily converted to hold more than 7 rounds will be a felony 30 days after the law was signed.

You can't feed 7 rounds into a 10 round mag and still be legal.
Old 01-22-2013, 15:55   #498
boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
It's my understanding that the mere possession of a magazine that holds or can be easily converted to hold more than 7 rounds will be a felony 30 days after the law was signed.

You can't feed 7 rounds into a 10 round mag and still be legal.
I thought it was just the opposite. You could keep 10 rounders but couldn't have more than 7 in it. Anything over ten has to be gotten rid of.
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 17:34   #499
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
I thought it was just the opposite. You could keep 10 rounders but couldn't have more than 7 in it. Anything over ten has to be gotten rid of.
Evidently, there is a lot of confusion.

Quote:
Magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10. Current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. If an owner is found to have eight or more bullets in a magazine, she could face a misdemeanor charge.
Glad my governor didn't pull a "Nancy Pelosi" and pass something so that we could find out what is in it.

Cops and retired cops in NY are scrambling now to ensure that they have rights that the normal citizens don't have.

It's all very sad.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-22-2013 at 17:35..
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37   #500
jdavionic
NRA Member

Damn...I just stopped by a local gun show near my house. Yea, right...panic is over This show normally draws a light crowd since it's smaller. The line wrapped all over the place today. I didn't even bother to try. Absolutely crazy.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote