Old 01-24-2013, 12:37   #1
SJ 40

It's Here,DiFi's New AWB

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/...6811359012600/

SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 13:09   #2
Obi-Wan Kenobi

I guess I can keep my SAR-1, since it's not on the list. They forgot mini-14s too.

Actually, they have the mini tac with pistol grip, but not the standard one. Curious.

Last edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi; 01-24-2013 at 13:10..
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 13:34   #3
Atomic Punk

really hope this all gets slapped down and no new laws come in. of course im not so confident in that, that im going to sell off anything.
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 14:18   #4
J_Rico

I see Mini-14 on the list.

Also, Hi-point carbine? Why Hi-point. It only takes a 10 round mag right?
Old 01-24-2013, 14:39   #5
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Several of the guns on her list have long been out of production, example: Tec 9, Tec 22, etc..

Old 01-24-2013, 21:27   #6
WinterWizard

The list doesn't matter.

Any hi-cap mag or weapon that exhibits at least one characteristic of an assault weapon is fair game under this bill. Don't get caught up with the list.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 00:01   #7
SJ 40

I know we have all heard it dozens of times and done it over the years.
This is much more extreme with the Presidents organizing for action,we need to be heard.
Here is a sample letter that can be copied and pasted,edited and even a link to some Founding Fathers 2 nd. Amendment quotes that can be used.

Dear Senator

Dianne Feinstein is doing everything she can to use the tragedy in Connecticut as an excuse to force gun control on the American people; and

Whereas: By definition, criminals don’t obey laws and new gun control laws make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families; and

Whereas: The Second Amendment clearly states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Whereas: Second Amendment supporters like myself strongly oppose – and will be paying close attention to any Member of Congress who votes for – new unconstitutional gun control schemes;

Therefore: As your constituent, I INSIST you oppose any and all new gun control schemes.

This is what our President.first President thought:

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor .

Sincerely

http://www.nraila.or...-your-reps.aspx

http://capwiz.com/gu.../dbq/officials/

http://www.congress....1046526&type=ML

Some of the Founders 2nd. Amendment quotes to personalize.

http://jenkuznicki.c...-2nd-amendme

Let Your Voice Be Heard ! SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:12   #8
ChiTownPicaro

This is ridiculous. I suspect it will die in the House. If we can deflect the issue and any discussions of it, we might not have to worry about it.
ChiTownPicaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:57   #9
cagnoli
Patriot First

My biggest worry is that this monstrosity will be attached to a must pass bill at the eleventh hour, and we will get screwed.

I do agree we need to be heard, and the upcoming town halls are an EXCELLENT opportunity to fill those rooms with freedom loving Americans who can articulately argue the second amendment without providing the very liberal obamabot press any sound bites or crazy viral video that they can use to stereotype gun owners.

This means dressing well, keeping our temper, no Molon Labe signs, no empty holsters. Just calm citing of facts. Lets prove the press wrong again.

Sending letters en mass to our politicians means a ton too. Especially hand written or typed letters using the postal service. Emails don't have the impact that a signed letter does. Especially if you can get your neighbors and local friends to all write letters, and send them as a single package. It shows these spineless politicians that we have the wherewithal to vote them out of their jobs, and we are serious.

Obama's organizing for America campaign is going to spend millions to grease the skids for this thing to pass, in some form. But, we have something they don't. Morals. Principle. Conviction. We aren't a bunch of paid doobies who blindly follow,what dear leader says, we are committed patriots that LOVE our country.

The NRA membership numbers need to keep increasing. When Wayne L. can have a press conference showing not four million, but forty million members....congress WILL cower in his presence.

/rant off
cagnoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14   #10
ithaca_deerslayer

It is very similar to NY, except in a way worse because of the list.

NY is only based on those features. Change the feature and the gun is legal. But this list won't allow that.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:24   #11
mudmanfloyd

"Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate"
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ss-senate.html

That would be classic if she couldn't even get the bill out of the Senate.
Old 01-25-2013, 16:03   #12
DanaJ

My Reply to Dianne that I sent to congress

Senator Feinstein’s would ban all semi-automatic firearms… In her own false words “Let me be clear: the bill will not take away weapons you currently own. Anybody who says otherwise is simply trying to deceive you.” That’s a crock! With her one test method all semi auto pistols, rifles and many bolt action and pump action guns would be outlawed because you might use a higher capacity magazine than issued with thefirearm. A threaded barrel on a 22lr would cause it to be band even through silencers are legal with the proper paperwork and background check. Production of the now band firearms will stop. The repair parts will stop being made making the gun useless to its lawful owner if a repair is needed. With this law she will seek to get around the second amendment and punish those who have done no wrong to please the political elite. Perhaps a compromise can be reached we can ban golf clubs as well guns. Golf clubs can be used to kill and golf balls striking people and property yearly cause injury and damage. Have you ever seen enraged golfer who just made a bad shot. By banning golf clubs we can repurpose all the wasted land to better fit America’s, needs such as housing for the homeless. Then we would grandfather in punters and they could still use them at home all they wanted till they broke. How can the elitist hypocrites pass on a deal like that? OPPS!!! I forgot elitist hypocrites play golf and heaven forbid they should have to forgo their hobbies even though golf clubs aren’t protected under the constitution.

DON’T BE FOOLED BY THE ELISTIST HYPOCRITES. STOP VOILATERS OF THE SECOND AMENDMEMT!!!
DanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 22:42   #13
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post

Senator Feinstein’s would ban all semi-automatic firearms… In her own false words “Let me be clear: the bill will not take away weapons you currently own. Anybody who says otherwise is simply trying to deceive you.” That’s a crock! With her one test method all semi auto pistols, rifles and many bolt action and pump action guns would be outlawed because you might use a higher capacity magazine than issued with thefirearm. A threaded barrel on a 22lr would cause it to be band even through silencers are legal with the proper paperwork and background check. Production of the now band firearms will stop. The repair parts will stop being made making the gun useless to its lawful owner if a repair is needed. With this law she will seek to get around the second amendment and punish those who have done no wrong to please the political elite. Perhaps a compromise can be reached we can ban golf clubs as well guns. Golf clubs can be used to kill and golf balls striking people and property yearly cause injury and damage. Have you ever seen enraged golfer who just made a bad shot. By banning golf clubs we can repurpose all the wasted land to better fit America’s, needs such as housing for the homeless. Then we would grandfather in punters and they could still use them at home all they wanted till they broke. How can the elitist hypocrites pass on a deal like that? OPPS!!! I forgot elitist hypocrites play golf and heaven forbid they should have to forgo their hobbies even though golf clubs aren’t protected under the constitution.

DON’T BE FOOLED BY THE ELISTIST HYPOCRITES. STOP VOILATERS OF THE SECOND AMENDMEMT!!!
Did you really send this to Congress? Did you have it proof-read first? Aside from all the grammatical and spelling errors, what we don't need is anyone that sounds a little paranoid or slightly losing control to go off half-cocked attempting to make a case for the pro-2A
Old 01-26-2013, 23:36   #14
DanaJ

You are right

You are right and I was wrong. I wrote those words in haste.
Word is a poor proof reader. Please don't worry I won't be writing anymore emails.
DanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote