GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2013, 19:30   #16741
VN350X10

And since mercury is on the "bad" list, no mfg'r. can build them here.

Guess where children ????????????

That's right Boys & Girls, our friends in CHINA.

Isn't that just swell ?

uncle albert
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 19:51   #16742
MinervaDoe

No pun intended,but there is a bright light on the horizon. If (and when) the prices on LEDs come down, and maybe when they can make them so they give off a little more light, we can replace those nasty fluorescents. The thing that irks me, is LEDs consume so little power, and last for over twenty years, so if the government hadn't passed another stupid law, they could have simply educated the public to the advantages and let the free market take its course.

I've heard that people are trying to get around the incandescent bulb laws by selling them as space heaters. btw, how will I repair my Suzy Homemaker oven now?
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 20:14   #16743
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

here is where they intend on putting us!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 20:21   #16744
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
No pun intended,but there is a bright light on the horizon. If (and when) the prices on LEDs come down, and maybe when they can make them so they give off a little more light, we can replace those nasty fluorescents. The thing that irks me, is LEDs consume so little power, and last for over twenty years, so if the government hadn't passed another stupid law, they could have simply educated the public to the advantages and let the free market take its course.

I've heard that people are trying to get around the incandescent bulb laws by selling them as space heaters. btw, how will I repair my Suzy Homemaker oven now?

There will still be politicians and do-gooders to muckle things up
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 17:43   #16745
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Bud the Cowboy

(your smile for theday)

A cowboynamed Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Montana whensuddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglassesand YSL® tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell youexactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me acalf?"

Bud looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at hispeacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connects itto his Cingular RAZR V3® cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet,where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which hethen feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in anultra-high-resolutionphoto.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and exportsit to an image processing facility in Hamburg,Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot® that the image hasbeen processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® databasethrough an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry® and,after a few minutes, receives aresponse.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,miniaturized HP LaserJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You haveexactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves,"says Bud.

Hewatches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement asthe young man stuffs it into the trunk of hiscar.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly whatyour business is will you give me back mycalf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, whynot?"

"You're a Congressman for the U.S.

Government",says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie; "but how did youguess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed uphere even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer Ialready knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worthof equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don'tknow a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for thatmatter. This is a herd of sheep.
Now give me back my dog.”

AND THAT, FOLKS, IS WHAT THE

PROBLEM IS ALL ABOUT
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 20:17   #16746
dryfly
Platinum Membership

Cowboys, sheep, dogs, cows and calves, congessmen, and AWNAA...Holy sweet liberal jeezus i am finally starting to understand you ten ringers after scratching my head for two years watching this thread...irrisputably !
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 20:40   #16747
VN350X10

dryfly,

It would be to your advantage to go to the beginning & read this entire thread.
Not only for the deep humor contained within, but to give you some insight as to the actual intelligence of those of us here. Even when joking, we contain enough knowledge to scare mere mortals. No brag, just fact.

And if you like sci-fi, by ALL means, read the books by member MinervaDoe. Chronos is excellent, and relevent !

uncle albert
NRA Endowment Member, NRA Certified Instructor for Rifle & Pistol, Illinois State Rifle Assn. - Life Member, GSSF Life Member,N.R.O.I. level I, IL Glockers #34
G: 19,20(x2),21,22,23(x2),24,27,29,34,35 & 36 (still counting)
USPSA, IDPA,
Old 01-21-2013, 20:52   #16748
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

It's best to speed read it all in one sitting, even if you have to miss a day or two from work. The momentum helps.
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:02   #16749
VN350X10

I figured that once he got started,he wouldn't be able to stop anyhow !

uncle
Old 01-21-2013, 21:05   #16750
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

For a truly deep and transcendental understanding of the thread, don't merely read it; translate it into pig latin.

Old 01-21-2013, 21:06   #16751
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
MOVED to Page 671
Old 01-21-2013, 22:55   #16752
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
Cowboys, sheep, dogs, cows and calves, congessmen, and AWNAA...Holy sweet liberal jeezus i am finally starting to understand you ten ringers after scratching my head for two years watching this thread...irrisputably !
They have drugs that can control that now.
Old 01-21-2013, 23:13   #16753
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
dryfly,

It would be to your advantage to go to the beginning & read this entire thread.
Not only for the deep humor contained within, but to give you some insight as to the actual intelligence of those of us here. Even when joking, we contain enough knowledge to scare mere mortals. No brag, just fact.

And if you like sci-fi, by ALL means, read the books by member MinervaDoe. Chronos is excellent, and relevent !

uncle albert
I confess to having forced myself into ignorance in the past few years, after having been an avid reader of specifically, military science fiction. Is this what we are speaking of? I was a fan of not only the "Hammers Slammers" series but very into the "Dorsai" as well. I would love to find an excuse to jump back in.
Old 01-22-2013, 18:19   #16754
VN350X10

trust me......

I'm neither a politician or a used car salesman.

uncle
Old 01-22-2013, 23:34   #16755
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I confess to having forced myself into ignorance in the past few years, after having been an avid reader of specifically, military science fiction. Is this what we are speaking of? I was a fan of not only the "Hammers Slammers" series but very into the "Dorsai" as well. I would love to find an excuse to jump back in.

http://www.chronosscifi.com/
Old 01-22-2013, 23:42   #16756
countrygun

On the way as of this afternoon

I haven't torn into any good military sf in a long time.

Heck, I even enjoyed "Phule's Company"
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33   #16757
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

btdt

Old 01-23-2013, 23:05   #16758
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
On the way as of this afternoon
If it's in the mail, then it must be the paperback version of Chronos. Chronologically, it's the second book in the series, but it was the first one written. It has less dialogue than the others. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 01-24-2013, 19:44   #16759
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
If it's in the mail, then it must be the paperback version of Chronos. Chronologically, it's the second book in the series, but it was the first one written. It has less dialogue than the others. I hope you enjoy it.
Indeed it is. I told my wife about it and she immediately looked it up and ordered it. I somehow got the feeling that it might have been the actual start, or first written for some reason.
Old 01-24-2013, 20:33   #16760
VN350X10

once started, will not be put down until complete.....

uncle

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival