GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 16:53   #1
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
E-mail to my local Whole Foods Market.

They deiced to post a no firearms sign. Rather than just say to hell with it and carry concealed anyway, I decided to put my money where my mouth is. I haven't hit send yet so typos and punctuation can still be corrected. Opinions welcome.

Here's the re-wright.

Store Team Leader
Jeffery Zerweck

RE: Recent change to the store

To: Mr. Zerweck

My family and I started shopped at Whole Foods in 1990 and have been shopping at the XXX, XXX location since it opened. Since we enjoy the friendly courteous service and verity of goods we spend on average $0,000.00 a month at your market.

Last week my wife and I arrived and were disappointed to find that someone had posted a No Firearms sign at the entrance to the store. My wife and I are both license by the state of Louisiana to carry a concealed firearms and I possess a City of XXXX Special Officers Commission. Since we always carry canceled we returned to our vehicle and left. You have rendered both our carry permits and my commission null and void on your property. You have also announces to the criminals that you have created a victim rich environment for them. Do you honestly believe a sign is going to stop "criminals" from bringing firearms in you store? All the sign does is stop honorable men and women who have qualifies and carry firearms for self-defense from entering.

Whole Food is the only Market in XXXX that has chosen to post such a sign. Since you have chosen to deny us our right while on you property, my family and I will be shopping elsewhere.

Should you choose to remove the sign we would enjoy making Whole Foods our grocery store once again.


Sincerely,

Jerry Xxxxxx


Cc:
John Mackey, co-Chief Executive Officer
Whole Foods Market, Inc.
550 Bowie Street
Austin, TX 78703-4644


Quote:
This is the old one ignore it. My family and I had shopped at the XXXX store for many years and have been shopping at the XXX, XXX location since it opened. It has been brought to my attention that recently a No Firearms sign has been posted at the entrance to the store. What you have done is announce to criminals that you have create for them a victim rich environment. Do you honestly believe "criminals" are going to follow your rule? Why do think they are called "CRIMINALS"?

I am license by the state of Louisiana to carry a concealed firearm and I possess a City of XXXX Special Officers Commission. You have rendered both null and void on your property.

Since you have chosen to trample my Constitutional Right to protect myself and my family while on your property we will be taking our business and our money to Wall-Mart. Why Wall-Mart. Not only does Wall-Mart furnish "ARMED" Police Officers for our protection while on their property, Wall-Mart supports my RIGHT to carry a firearm while shopping in their facilities. Wall-Mart provides me with double protection; armed Police Officers and my own firearm. You on the other-hand have decided to denied me the only protection I had while on your property.

Should you choose to either remove the sign or provide armed escorts to and from our vehicle and a guard to make sure a criminal cannot steal my firearms from my vehicle while shopping in you store, we will then and only then consider making Whole Foods our grocery store once again.

Sincerely,

Me
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-26-2013 at 00:36..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 16:59   #2
madmonkey1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
I think it's a good letter and you have inspired me to start doing the same thing. I don't know if it will make a difference but I know things will never change if we all just sit, gripe and do nothing.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
madmonkey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 17:01   #3
nursetim
Senior Member
 
nursetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: liberalville N. M.
Posts: 6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
They deiced to post a no firearms sign. Rather than just say to hell with it and carry concealed anyway, I decided to put my money where my mouth is. I haven't hit send yet so typos and punctuation can still be corrected. Opinions welcome.

My family and I had shopped at the XXXX store for many years and have been shopping at the XXX, XXX location since it opened. It has been brought to my attention that recently a No Firearms sign has been posted at the entrance to the store. What you have done is announce to criminals that you have create for them a victim rich environment. Do you honestly believe "criminals" are going to follow your rule? Why do you think they are called "CRIMINALS"?

I am license by the state of Louisiana to carry a concealed firearm and I possess City of XXXX Special Officers Commission. You have rendered both null and void on your property.

Since you have chosen to trample my Constitutional Right to protect my family while on your property we will be taking our business and our money to Wal-Mart. Why Wal-Mart. Not only does Wal-Mart furnishes "ARMED" Police Officers for our protection while on their property, Wal-Mart supports my RIGHT to carry a firearm while shopping in their facilities. Wal-Mart provides me with double protection; armed Police Officers and my own firearm. You, on the other-hand have decided to deny me the only protection I had while on your property.

Should you choose to either remove the sign or provide armed escorts to and from our vehicle and a guard to make sure a criminal can not steal my firearms from my vehicle while shopping in your store, we will then, and only then, consider making Whole Foods our grocery store of choice once again.

Sincerely,

Me
Grammar police, high school diploma and proof of graduation. Do you know why we are having this discussion?
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. - I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.
nursetim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 18:13   #4
dp2002813
Senior Member
 
dp2002813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 2nd star to right
Posts: 431
Hi Jerry,

"A" for effort. May I suggest something a little more artful?

.......
Store manager's name & title
store location

RE: recent change to the store


To Mr/Ms xxxxx,

My family and I frequent your store and have shopped there since it opened. We enjoy the friendly (??) staff and like the (beer selection, the great meat and fish dept, the produce is excellent, etc.) We also like the organic and "green" philosophy of your company. .... I don't know...just write whatever it is that Jerry and family like about the store, eh?).

I was therefore very concerned on my last visit to see a new "No Firearms permitted" sign at the entrance to the store. Recent events have polarized many on both sides of this issue and this is understandable. Also, I understand that the store is your property AND that you may choose to do with it as you see fit within legal bounds. This action is within your legal bounds and I will respect it.

Considering the potentially dangerous location that, especially recently, "Gun-free zones" seem to create for criminals and the mentally challenged among us all, my family and I will sadly shop elsewhere.

We will miss all the great things about your store, but my family's well-being MUST come first.

Sincerely,
Jerry xxxxxx

Cc:
John Mackey, co-Chief Executive Officer
Whole Foods Market, Inc.
550 Bowie Street
Austin, TX 78703-4644

..........................................
Well, it's a start anyway
__________________
"The problem with Socialism is, eventually, you run out of other peoples' money." - Margaret Thatcher

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by dp2002813; 01-24-2013 at 18:17..
dp2002813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 18:27   #5
eaglefrq
NRA Member
 
eaglefrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,064
Here is my take...

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

My family and I shop at the XXXX store since it opened in XXXX and have enjoyed the family friendly atmosphere and courteous staff.

On my last visit, I observed a “No Firearms” sign posted at the entrance to the store. These so-called "gun free zones" create a victim rich environment for criminals, who take advantage of these areas.

In the theater shooting in Aurora, CO, the suspect selected that particular theater because of the “No Firearms” policy. Do you believe criminals will not come into your store because of this sign?

I am licensed by the state of Louisiana to carry a concealed firearm and I possess City of XXXX Special Officers Commission. Your policy would make it illegal for me to legally carry a firearm on your property.


Your policy tramples on my Constitutional right to protect myself and my family. Because of this, we will be taking our business to Walmart who not only provides police officers for our protection, more importantly they support my right to carry a firearm while shopping at their facilities.

Should you choose to either remove the sign, we will consider making Whole Foods our grocery store again.

Sincerely,



Jerry

__________________
You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 01-24-2013 at 18:30..
eaglefrq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 18:44   #6
ditto1958
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 830
Some excellent selections there. One way or another, send it. And I like the idea of a CC to the corporate office, too.
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:06   #7
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
I wanted to word it a little differently (don't know it this is a corporate policy or something the local managers have taken upon themselves to do yada yada.. sort of thing) and send it to corporate. I Googled. When I click the e-mail link on the corporate site it brings up the local store. That's where I have it typed up awaiting my final draft.

Thanks for the help guys. Good stuff.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-24-2013 at 19:15..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:19   #8
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Grammar police, high school diploma and proof of graduation. Do you know why we are having this discussion?
Because you'd rater be a smartass than help?
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-24-2013 at 19:20..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:28   #9
Montblanc
Member
 
Montblanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 98
I would send the email and shop there anyhow. Unless you know of another place to buy the same health foods I would put up with it. It's a liberal type store.

Get some of the sesame seed sticks and nut mix for me next time you go!
Montblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:39   #10
The Fed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 707
Wait, Wal-mart SUPORTS your right to carry? Not hardly, at least in Florida. If they know you are carrying (someone sees you gun, regardless of Florida law which excuses accidental displays) you'll be asked to leave.

The only thing Wal-mart supports is your right to give them money.

Last edited by The Fed; 01-24-2013 at 19:40..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:50   #11
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,421


You might contact the owner/founder of Whole Foods, it's my understanding that he is a conservative/libertarian/republican of some kind.

His name is John Mackay, he's a free-market capitalist from Texas (although it's Austin), he recently described Obamacare as fascism, and he's not against global warming..

I don't know his 2nd amendment beliefs, but I was surprised to learn he's apparently not a granola-munching pothead like so many of his employees.

He's strongly anti-union, like all good people everywhere.
__________________
"You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize"
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:59   #12
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
Wait, Wal-mart SUPORTS your right to carry? Not hardly, at least in Florida. If they know you are carrying (someone sees you gun, regardless of Florida law which excuses accidental displays) you'll be asked to leave.

The only thing Wal-mart supports is your right to give them money.
Must be a local thing. I know someone that open carries in Wall-Mart. I have "second hand" knowledge of others openly carrying in Wall-Mart in different parishes and they have never been asked to leave. Or so I'm told.

A while back I went in on a Sunday and bought some .45ACP SydraShock. Lady behind the counter (with a big grin) said... "You're not going to shoot someone on Sunday are you?" I said... "only if the try to shoot me first." She laughed. We still have gun friendly people in my neck of the woods. That's the reason I want to jump all over Whole Foods. Only other places I've seen no Firearms Signs is Dr. Office buildings and hospitals. I want to let the libTARDS know fast that we aren't going to stand for our right being infringed.

There are things my wife wants that she can only get at Whole Foods. There isn't anything I can't live without. During Katrina not having cold water or a bath for a week or AC for three was a B word. But I didn't die.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-24-2013 at 20:02..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:08   #13
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
You might contact the owner/founder of Whole Foods, it's my understanding that he is a conservative/libertarian/republican of some kind.

His name is John Mackay, he's a free-market capitalist from Texas (although it's Austin), he recently described Obamacare as fascism, and he's not against global warming..

I don't know his 2nd amendment beliefs, but I was surprised to learn he's apparently not a granola-munching pothead like so many of his employees.

He's strongly anti-union, like all good people everywhere.
I did a short Google search and came up dry. If anyone has his E-Mail either post, MP or E-mail me please.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:09   #14
furioso2112
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,609
Your proposed letter was well-written enough to get your point across: think succinct; think "what will corporate (Austin, TX, no less) take as a soundbyte from my letter?"

I spent money here every week. I will now spend money at your competitors, not at your store, and influence everyone I come into contact with to do the same. Furthermore, here is a copy of the letter I will send to your wholesalers (local merchants, farmers, etc. - regular people who are likely pro-individual gun ownership and use rights), suppliers, etc. I spent X dollars per week at your business over the last x years. I prefer to spend myh money at your store, but not at the cost of my community's safety, which you put at risk with an advertised no-gun (criminal empowerment) zone. If you retract your policy, I will happily come back and encourage all involved parties to do likewise. Thank you for considering my message.
__________________
Madness is like gravity; all it needs is a little push.
(The Joker)
furioso2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:09   #15
CanMan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in flagrante
Posts: 941
E-mail to my local Whole Foods Market


Jerry,

Kudos to you for being proactive! Like you, I let my $$$$ do the talking sometimes.
__________________
A day without recoil is like a day without sunshine!
S&W Club #43

Last edited by CanMan; 01-24-2013 at 20:10..
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:12   #16
number1gun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
Do not know about the law in La. Here in Florida I just ignore all signs and continue on. Why waste time on them.
number1gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:38   #17
scottyd2506
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Because you'd rater be a smartass than help?
Jerry, I think you did a great job. The alternative letter the other guys gave you are also good. maybe too passive and wishy warshy. Yours was to the point.

I would not use Wal-Mart's name, they are at times not so pro gun, but better than where you go.

Use a spell checker. I am not a spelling B wizard, and use one . Don't worry about the pencil necks who talk crap about your grammar, they always got picked on and chased down like stink on $*** everyday after school. They are out for revenge

It is not against the law to carry in stores, but they can ask you to leave if they know you have a firearm.

Keep up the good work.
scottyd2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 00:39   #18
mglindo
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Good for you. My wife always gets on to me for speaking my mind. I would send them the letter and shop somewhere else!
mglindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06   #19
cliffsta
Who, me?
 
cliffsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 102
Both Wal-Marts here in Lafayette always have armed good guys sitting out front, and sometimes more than one. Makes the trip in for dinner at 3am a lot less scary. Maybe its a Boot thing
__________________
Gen4 G22, Mossberg 500, Colt LE6920MP-B

NRA Member
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19   #20
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,565
"Individual stores are responsible for, respond to and correct the vast majority of issues. If you have a concern with a product or service, please contact a Shift Leader at the store where the problem arose."

From their website. So I bet the anti-gun thing is on a store by store basis, and the general manager is the one who has the power to choose whether or not they allow guns. But I bet if we can find the e-mail or phone number for the company owner, then he might be able to talk to the manager and fix the problem.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/customer-service

I'm still looking, I'll let you know if I find it.

All I seem to be able to find is the number for their world headquarters. Might be able to somehow get transferred to John, or have someone give you his e-mail so you can send your letter directly to him. Don't know if it'll be of any help, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

512-477-4455
512-477-5566 voicemail
512-482-7000 fax

And apparently this is their customer service number for their main office. 512-542-0878

Kind of interesting to think I'm only like 20 minutes from their world headquarters.

Last edited by TK-421; 01-25-2013 at 01:26..
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39   #21
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Thanks TK. And again thanks to everyone. I'm still working on the E-mail.

Seems like I've said this 100 time here but here I go again. I'm highly dyslexic (use spell check). Problem is my eye sees what my mind says is "supposed" to be there. Things like own of our, them for than, they for there. I have the aromatic (automatic... spell check did that) correction turned off bu (but) it still something (sometimes) replaces words and my eye/mind sees the correct word in it's place. Punctuation? Forget it. Just never did and never will stick. Because of this I hardely (hardly) ever send letters or e-mail (to) companies. The words in ( ) shows what I coug (caught). I'm suer (sure) thare (there) are lost (lots) more that I missed.

And before it is asked. Why do I post here? Because the majority of the "true" conservative I've interacted with could care less about spelling and punctuation but are more interested the the facts and information. Liberals on the other-hand like to try to use spelling as a TOOL because they are TOOLS and that's all they have. They ant got no facts to back them up . I could care less because it doesn't take long for their liberalism to show and they NEVER have a legitimate argument. They try to make me look stupid because of my dyslexia but I can show them for the fools they are with facts. I believe it's a pretty good tradeoff.

Anyway! I'll get back to the E-mail tomorrow. Gotta go to work. High ho, high ho!
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 13:11   #22
warriorking
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 30
My local Marque Cinema Movie Theatre just posted no firearms signs and I just smiled, silly rabbits..I will just continue to attend the theatre armed as always with my Glock 23...No laws are being broken lest they somehow see I am armed and I refuse to leave..otherwise concealed means concealed....
warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 15:10   #23
deadmanglocking
Senior Member
 
deadmanglocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 802
I'm going to my whole foods this afternoon so I'll check to see it mine has one posted. Mine always has a off duty uniformed Texas Highway Patrol trooper standing guard by customer service. But I carry anyway.
deadmanglocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:57   #24
scottyd2506
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Thanks TK. And again thanks to everyone. I'm still working on the E-mail.

Seems like I've said this 100 time here but here I go again. I'm highly dyslexic (use spell check). Problem is my eye sees what my mind says is "supposed" to be there. Things like own of our, them for than, they for there. I have the aromatic (automatic... spell check did that) correction turned off bu (but) it still something (sometimes) replaces words and my eye/mind sees the correct word in it's place. Punctuation? Forget it. Just never did and never will stick. Because of this I hardely (hardly) ever send letters or e-mail (to) companies. The words in ( ) shows what I coug (caught). I'm suer (sure) thare (there) are lost (lots) more that I missed.

And before it is asked. Why do I post here? Because the majority of the "true" conservative I've interacted with could care less about spelling and punctuation but are more interested the the facts and information. Liberals on the other-hand like to try to use spelling as a TOOL because they are TOOLS and that's all they have. They ant got no facts to back them up . I could care less because it doesn't take long for their liberalism to show and they NEVER have a legitimate argument. They try to make me look stupid because of my dyslexia but I can show them for the fools they are with facts. I believe it's a pretty good tradeoff.

Anyway! I'll get back to the E-mail tomorrow. Gotta go to work. High ho, high ho!
Don't worry about the spelling crap on here. This is not a novel writers forum. If your sending a resume for a job, then yes it is important to get it right. But people on the forums who nit pic about spelling on a "non spelling" forum, are trolls.
Write you email, paste it here,before you send and maybe someone here can help fix any small problems.. the copy it and paste it to your email and send.

I hope corporate or the owner of that place is conservative and hears about his liberal managers anti gun policy, and how it is losing him money.
scottyd2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 00:26   #25
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
New draft is posted in my first post. I left the old one in a quote box for comparison. Thanks for the help.

Jerry
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:24.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,354
431 Members
923 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42