Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2013, 17:54   #61
Trigger Finger

Who was it that said:
" When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty!" ?

It seems to me that's what the law abiding citizen is being forced into.

Target the Criminals!!!!

Enforce all laws relating a guns completely!!

No new gun laws. We don't need them!!

Prosecute all corrupt politicians!!!

Provide federal funding to add additional police officers on the streets. It should be up to the individual departments to utilize the officers as they see fit, as long as crime drops. If not, funding will be stopped and perhaps federal assistance provided to those departments. Oakland CA. is a prime example!

Background checks for everyone purchasing a handgun!

Just my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Trigger Finger; 01-20-2013 at 17:57..
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:49   #62
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
Who was it that said:
" When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty!" ?

It seems to me that's what the law abiding citizen is being forced into.

Target the Criminals!!!!

Enforce all laws relating a guns completely!!

No new gun laws. We don't need them!!

Prosecute all corrupt politicians!!!

Provide federal funding to add additional police officers on the streets. It should be up to the individual departments to utilize the officers as they see fit, as long as crime drops. If not, funding will be stopped and perhaps federal assistance provided to those departments. Oakland CA. is a prime example!

Background checks for everyone purchasing a handgun!

Just my opinion.
If we enforced all of our laws accordingly, we wouldn't have nearly as many problems as we do.

I blame the courts. I really do. They drag their feet constantly.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06   #63
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
The above quote seems perfectly reasonable to me, and seems about as pro-police / pro- law and order as you can get. What I continuously fail to understand about a lot of GT cop members is this hatred towards Obama... I mean in this instance, for example, the guy is presenting a coherent and logical series of steps that he wants to see government take to protect it's citizens and try to curb gun violence, while at the same time providing greater protections for us, the police.

And yet, somehow, he's a lying mother****er, his ideas are garbage, etc., etc. I would reckon that if the exact same quote above was attributed to a Republican president, some of you guys would be tripping over yourselves to proclaim his awesomeness.

It's that constant inability to look at the big picture that baffles me. I mean, as cops, a big chunk of what we do involves stepping back from a situation and considering all points of view; yet here (and in 1000 other threads since 2008) is a clear example of personal prejudices influencing a persons ability to look at things from an unbiased perspective.
So you are not understanding cops not buying the load of BS? WOW!!! Usually cops get called JBT's for not taking the stance you don't understand.

Seems times are a changin' boys and girls.
Southswede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31   #64
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post

I blame the courts. I really do. They drag their feet constantly.

I agree that the courts are part of the problem. The whole justice system needs an overhaul IMO. Once done, I say it will be long past time to start bringing corrupt politicians to justice.

If it can be done, I would strongly support a referendum for term limits. That would at least be a step in the right direction.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17   #65
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southswede View Post
!!! Usually cops get called JBT's for not taking the stance you don't understand..
I don't understand your comment, but then, English is my native language, so maybe there is a barrier there?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30   #66
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrack Hussein Obama View Post
GIVE LAW ENFORCEMENT ADDITIONAL TOOLS TO PREVENT AND PROSECUTE GUN CRIME: We owe law enforcement the tools they need to keep us safe. The President will:
o Call for Congress to pass the Administration’s $4 billion proposal to help communities keep 15,000 cops on the street.
Okay, "keep" is the key word here. Not add new bodies, keep the existing levels the same. Is your current level of staffing the optimum level?

Have any of you taken pay reductions to 'help the budget process'? Can that money be used to reinstate those reductions? Would they be used that way?

Has administrative support been cut causing you to spend more time in-house doing tasks support staff use to? Would using some of the funding rehiring staff increase your time on the street?

Who came up with the 15,000 number?

I just went back to Give Law Enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute crime and, yes, the number is 15,000.

15000/900000=1.66667%, 1.67% of law enforcement. Wait, not all are on the street. Is 500,000 a fair number? Then 15,000/500,000=3%. Yeah, that's much better []. Retain 3% when turnover averages between 12% and 15%, some lower, some higher. Well, hell, maybe only 3% are worth keeping, the real cops.

So, what to do with that money to retain? Buy out some early retirements. Replace 15 to 20 year solid performing veterans with less experienced rookies or lateral hires. Yeah, that makes sense [].

He did say keep cops on the streets. That would mean only patrol officers benefit from the money? Cool...

The money, yeah, what about the money. Who do you believe came up with the $4 billion number? 4,000,000,000/15,000=$266,666.67 per retained cop. That is the average per cop, some get more, some less.

Wait, you aren't getting that all in one year, boys and girls. Divide that by 3 - $88,888.89. Still too high? By 5 = $53,333.33. That's a better average. Spread the money over 5 years to retain 3% of the cops on the street at an average salary of $53,333.33.

Will that prevent gun violence? Will it prevent violence, gun or otherwise, in schools?

Are agency bean counters capable of the rational thought needed to allocate monies into the proper line items without political influence or bias, either community or internal?

I know I've been rather sarcastic here, but, really, do I have the wrong perspective? Are my numbers even close? Are they wrong?

I wish everyone listening to these speeches, reading these 'promises' would sit down and do the math. Then they should go talk with their local law enforcement. Ask them what they really need.

Oh, crap, I forgot. 'NEVER TALK TO THE POPO!!!'

People, wake up!! YOU pay their salaries! Demand they give you answers!!!

And, no, "Officer, my little boy (17 in the 10th grade - again) won't do his homework. Will you make him do it?" is not the right question.

"Officer, my little boy (17 in the 10th grade - again) is a gang banger. He's got dope and a gun in his bedroom. Can you send him to prison for me?" THAT is the right question!!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 01-21-2013 at 10:31..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06   #67
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

I don't hate the president so you can shove that thought away. However, I do not buy his bilge water, nor that of his cronies. I do hate a lie and his entire administration is that.

Obama set the stage very early in his presidency with his attitude towards cops in general (a certain professor comes to mind). Or how about taking a night to attend ceremonies literally a couple of miles away from the People's House during the Memorial. Some could reasonably articulate that it was prior to his presidency during his period as a legislator and while campaigning for his first term (portable toilets on a memorial plaza come to mind).

That being said, what he proposes is hollow: his own programs, via the DOJ, have killed cops both in the US and in Mexico. His DOJ is more active than ever in asserting their federal muscle into local agencies via lawsuits and civil rights investigations (all the while violating civil rights on their own). He professes to make things better when a simple thing to do would have been to simply enforce what was already in the books.

I look at the total picture (as exampled in paragraph 2 of this post). What I see is dog and pony that does nothing to address real problems. As I have said before, if his own house was clean, then he may have had traction. But in the big picture, it all rings hollow and of a farce. That is why I write what I do and say what I say.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

One day closer to retirement . . .

Last edited by Morris; 01-21-2013 at 11:07..
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 00:36   #68
dp509

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
i can't because it's strictly theater of the absurd for the stupid. He would have had my interest and potential support if he had said, "hey! Here's a novel idea! How about we enforce the laws already in effect. How about we get some lazy federal prosecutors willing to step up on gun crimes. How about we clean our house first before we tell everyone to clean theirs."

he parades children behind him yet how many people and children has been killed in mexico because of guns people in his administration allowed to go out?
this !!!

Pacis Per Excellens Incendia Vox
dp509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 00:43   #69
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
ya hear that? he owes us.....i hope he starts with fast and furious.
Nah, that would mean they would have to stop murdering Border Patrol Agents. And clearly, they are okay with that.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:45   #70
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp509 View Post
this !!!
VP Crazy Joe Biden says that they can not enforce all of the gun laws that we already have. Sounds like he thinks banning the guns will solve all of the problems.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35   #71
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

The President's policies have provided us with more "tools" than the system can handle.

Thanks a lot pal.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:46   #72
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The President's policies have provided us with more "tools" than the system can handle.

Thanks a lot pal.
"tools"

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58   #73
Napalm561

I'm concerned about the term "Mental Health". As it is right now, there is nothing specifically listed that defines what mental health issues that would diqualify someone from purchasing or owning a firearm. The use of the term allows for broad scrutiny regarding disqualification for ownership or purchases. Is a person that has been diagnosed with mild anxiety, or tourrets disqualified? Mental Health disqualifications need to be specified.

Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.
Napalm561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30   #74
PinkoCommie
Unusual Member

He owes me the tools I need to keep my community safe? A'ight -- I'll be waiting for a new Noveske SBR, a plate carrier with rifle plates and a more sensible state personnel system. That would be a good start.

Do I get a tracking number for those, so I can check on the progress?
This wasn't me... --DaBigBR
I was hauling a large quotient of ass. --Cochese
PinkoCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 13:42   #75
Bren
NRA Life Member

Looks like it doesn't mean much. The majority of that is just "enforce existing laws" which is what the NRA has been saying for many, many years.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 16:58   #76
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

I'd honestly prefer the big O didn't do anything he feels is helpful. Chances are anything he does would be more trouble than help.

I have a simple philosophy... Lead, Follow, or get the **** out of the way. He's seemingly incapable of the first two.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 18:27   #77
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
I'd honestly prefer the big O didn't do anything he feels is helpful. Chances are anything he does would be more trouble than help.

I have a simple philosophy... Lead, Follow, or get the **** out of the way. He's seemingly incapable of the first two.

And refuses to do the latter.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 18:36   #78
oldman11

You also owe the citizens the tools to keep themselves safe, such as adhering to the COTUS; like you swore to do when you took the oath of office.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:49   #79
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
And refuses to do the latter.
Touché

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 14:28   #80
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpig View Post
VP Crazy Joe Biden says that they can not enforce all of the gun laws that we already have. Sounds like he thinks banning the guns will solve all of the problems.
Okay... can't enforce what we got so let's make more? Makes sense only to those idiots in D.C.

We can't stop illegal immigration either, right? How about all the drunk driving? How about murder and rape? Can't stop those either. Heck, let's give up then.

Idiots. The lot of them.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote