Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:01   #41
cpablum

glockstore has gen 3 and 4 19's available...2012 pricing!
cpablum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27   #42
freezetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpablum View Post
glockstore has gen 3 and 4 19's available...2012 pricing!

As far as i can tell, their website doesnt show availability. It was letting me add the 33 rd mags to the cart and begin check out, but i really doubt they are actually stock.
freezetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58   #43
James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
Thank your fellow gun nuts for going ape **** and hoarding everything. 3 years people had to stuck up after the 2008 fiasco and I don't feel sorry one bit for anyone left out in the cold this time around.
How many of the millions of people out right now spending $100 for a AR15 mag voted for Obama? I bet you there are more than you think.

Production hasn't stopped on the contrary manufacturers are working non stop trying to fill orders. No, you can blame the idiots out snatching up everything they can find and throwing it in their closets for this mess. Many of which have no interest in anything but gouging and making a quick buck off the current situation.

You want to be mad? Be mad at all the nitwits that waited 4 years before giving a *****.
SeaWolf I understand your frustration, I really do. And to a point I share it. But the problem we have now is how to deal with this problem. I didn't vote for this president, but I still have to deal with the consequences of the choice others made. Next week I'll be down in your neck of the woods. My parents have a home in Bushnell. When I'm down in Bushnell I visit a few small gun shops around the area in hoping to find some stuff I can't find around here. This is bad times we are in now. Its time to think outside the box on what we are going to do about it. I'm going to remind people around election time the consequences of a choice. But now its what I can do about this.

Anyone know if Glock is manufacturing any guns here yet? or is it still all coming from Europe?
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02   #44
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Dean View Post
...Anyone know if Glock is manufacturing any guns here yet? or is it still all coming from Europe?
They've been manufacturing guns in the US for a few years. They used to be reserved for export, but not any longer.

Last edited by SARDG; 01-22-2013 at 10:02..
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:04   #45
vinstang67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
This will all pass, save your money and be patient.
If so, will there be many pre-owned/hardly used Glocks in the market from those who realized they might have bought what they didn't intended or wanted?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
vinstang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:15   #46
LuckyG

Two choices: develop a plan or just sit around and gripe. Since the LGS don't know what they are getting and when, you have to either make frequent visits, order (if they are taking orders) or call (if they are taking calls). Might go the on-line route and place a backorder(s) (if they are taking them) and hope you get lucky. Or whatever.

On another forum, a poster said he was in his LGS and they had no Glocks. When he was getting ready to leave, a shipment of 50 guns waltzed in the door.

After CT, the entire supply chain has been drained. This is not going to go away soon. I've seen several hysterical anti-gun frenzies over the decades. Long ago, I started maintaining a decent inventory of important stuff. It doesn't go stale. Once the SHTF, it's already too late.
LuckyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:19   #47
JBP55

Very few new Glocks available in the greater Baton Rouge, La. area.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30   #48
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinstang67 View Post
If so, will there be many pre-owned/hardly used Glocks in the market from those who realized they might have bought what they didn't intended or wanted?

Common sense would say yes there will be a glut, however I'd you look back at the 2008-2009 rush we never saw that glut, people kept their purchases and I think the will happen this time as well... And that is good in general for support of the 2a, the more who practice the right the stronger that right becomes and the harder it will be for the tyrants to take it from us.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39   #49
vinstang67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Common sense would say yes there will be a glut, however I'd you look back at the 2008-2009 rush we never saw that glut, people kept their purchases and I think the will happen this time as well... And that is good in general for support of the 2a, the more who practice the right the stronger that right becomes and the harder it will be for the tyrants to take it from us.
Thanks.
I am new. It's been just about a year since I purchased my 1st firearm so I have not seen what happened before.

vinstang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33   #50
James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20South View Post
Case in point, I was looking at a Gen 4 34 a couple of weeks back at my LGS. Decided not to spent the money, decided a couple of days later to go back. My dealer tells me someone bought it just because it came with three mags instead of two. His only request when coming in the store was "which gun has the highest cap mags in here?". Because it came with 3, he bought it over some M&P that was in stock also, but only had two mags. Oh well. The bright side is that we are getting more people into the gun community. If all these people have finally figured out the liberal agenda on guns - and can remember this in 2014, and will vote - then maybe we can enact some meaningful change.
You are so right on this. It would be wise for the politicians that want to ban guns to take a good look at whats going on with all the buying. If your old enough to buy a gun your also old enough to vote. Every buyer is a voter. (I hope).
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:47   #51
jaxxx

Lol this is all kinda funny watching people trying so hard to get a g19 or g17..... Specially paying 600+ for one.

I have a coworker who voted Obama looking so hard for one, maybe ill sell him mine for $1000.

Then buy another one a few months from now from those who bought just cause of all the hype.
jaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 13:38   #52
bignuglyone

G19's all Gens are non existent around here. During the pre '94 ban period there was no such rush on guns. In '08 I was pretty much satisfied with my gun collection and only effect on me was ammo shortages. I had a S&W 431 (.32 H&R mag.) I really liked but ammo was non existent for all most 2 yrs. after '08. This current rush on guns n ammo is unbelievable. I scraped together some .308 and .762 x 39 I've had for years and planed on selling it at a GS this W.E.. I'm having second thoughts now as I'm not going to freeze my ass off standing in line for an hour to get in only to be crushed in a crowd of crazies.
Old 01-22-2013, 13:44   #53
SouthernRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinstang67 View Post

US is arming itself. A gun looks better than a dollar long term
SouthernRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 13:48   #54
John_NJ

Buds has some gen 3 and 4s in stock. I'm going to place an order at the beginning of February when hopefully the panic buying starts to die down and selection improves.

Donít respond to the stupidity of a fool; youíll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 14:58   #55
ChiTownPicaro

I haven't noticed it in my area.
ChiTownPicaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 15:20   #56
DNS

I had a glock dealer tell me that for the first time, the glock warehouse was empty about two weeks ago. He normally has several of each model, he only had two glocks, the rest on backorder. I have no idea if this is dealer bs or not.
DNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 15:40   #57
bignuglyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
I had a glock dealer tell me that for the first time, the glock warehouse was empty about two weeks ago. He normally has several of each model, he only had two glocks, the rest on backorder. I have no idea if this is dealer bs or not.
I called "Glockstore" last week. The canned voice told me I had to call only after 2 pm PST if I wanted to talk to a real person. Voice also mentioned there were no Glock "high cap" mags available in the country from distributors.
I called back several times after 2 and never got anything but busy sig..
Old 01-22-2013, 16:16   #58
VC-Racing
General Flunky

I just walked out the door of my LGS in and was quoted FF/ LEO pricing on G22 / 23 $470 w/ nite sites. $390w/o. They had several. I even picked up 2 (limit) new 15 rd mags ($25) and 3 used( like new) 15 rd for $25 each. As i was leaving, a guy was buying the last 5 used mags they had ...

Old 01-22-2013, 16:17   #59
TTex
Cannon Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignuglyone View Post
I called "Glockstore" last week. The canned voice told me I had to call only after 2 pm PST if I wanted to talk to a real person. Voice also mentioned there were no Glock "high cap" mags available in the country from distributors.
I called back several times after 2 and never got anything but busy sig..
Yeah, I just wanted an extractor and I can't even get parts!
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 17:42   #60
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Glockmeister still has some Glocks in stock, but being diplomatic, they too have been hit hard for what was a plenty before x-mas. If it show on the web-site, order it and get them to send it to your local FFL. Good prices.
akapennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote