Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2013, 17:01   #1
mixflip

Check out this Polish MSBS modular rifle I saw at Shot Show 2013

mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:28   #2
wingryder

Wow! That is impressive VERY Ambi and great ergos. I wonder what it will be priced at? IF we ever see them here.

Thanks for posting that!

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:43   #3
surf

Too bad I didn't run into you up at SHOT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:50   #4
WinterWizard

Looks cool. I'd rather have a SCAR, though.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:51   #5
Ruggles

Looks very impressive. I doubt we will ever see one for sale locally but I hope I am wrong.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:12   #6
RHVEtte

Damn, the Tavor's got some competition for top foreign rifle on my wishlist. I really hope they import some SA versions.
Liberty is a candle in a tempest. It is a rare and beautiful thing that must be jealously guarded, lest it be snuffed out. And like the candle, Liberty under tyranny is difficult to reignite. -- undoubtedly said by someone smarter than I.
RHVEtte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:36   #7
Reswob

Looks like an ACR to me...
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 00:35   #8
mixflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Looks like an ACR to me...
Did the ACR have a user configurable ejection feature? Or a forged aluminum lower?
Old 01-21-2013, 00:39   #9
mixflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Too bad I didn't run into you up at SHOT.
I didnt even know you were going? I would have loved to have cruised Shot with you braddah. My camera man actually couldnt make it so I was by myself.

Then I got sick as a dog and didnt even go on Friday. Im actually still sick as I write this lol. Lots of germs at Shot.

Reminder...carry a bottle of antibacterial gel next time.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02   #10
pgg00

That is pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind one if they are ever allowed to be imported.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11   #11
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
Did the ACR have a user configurable ejection feature? Or a forged aluminum lower?
The guy said "looks like", not "is" or "a clone of".

All these guns look like plastic fishes to me.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00   #12
surf

Quote:
I didnt even know you were going? I would have loved to have cruised Shot with you braddah. My camera man actually couldnt make it so I was by myself.

Then I got sick as a dog and didnt even go on Friday. Im actually still sick as I write this lol. Lots of germs at Shot.

Reminder...carry a bottle of antibacterial gel next time.
I needed a new black rifle, so I brought up 3 of my guys to help carry it.

Black Rifle Forum

Actually, I am working on a few projects and needed to do some hand shaking. Very productive show and we had a great time. We will be back next year.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56   #13
humanguerrilla

To me the bullpup is much more interesting. It has the great for a bullpup mag release of the Micro Tavor, good ergos, the limited non-reciprocating ambi charging handle of the acr, adjustable gas, a second mag release in more snag free but standard bullpup location, and it is using pmags in every picture and video I see.

Last edited by humanguerrilla; 01-21-2013 at 12:59..
humanguerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 18:49   #14
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I needed a new black rifle, so I brought up 3 of my guys to help carry it.

Black Rifle Forum

Actually, I am working on a few projects and needed to do some hand shaking. Very productive show and we had a great time. We will be back next year.
Looks like a nice plinker.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 19:34   #15
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHVEtte View Post
Damn, the Tavor's got some competition for top foreign rifle on my wishlist. I really hope they import some SA versions.
I went hands on with the MSBS back in November and was very impressed. I can't wait to see these get wrung out.

IMO, both this and the ARX-160 eat the Tavor's lunch in terms of form factor and ergos.

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 22:42   #16
Reswob

Quote:
Sorry, you WANT an unnecessarily heavy metal lower? Polymer is the future. The left handed ejection I don't care about, neither do most. Unless the Polish knock off is significantly cheaper, I'd rather have an ACR

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-21-2013, 23:59   #17
mixflip

Quote:
Sorry, you WANT an unnecessarily heavy metal lower? Polymer is the future. The left handed ejection I don't care about, neither do most. Unless the Polish knock off is significantly cheaper, I'd rather have an ACR

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
What do you expect from RADOM. They have a long history of making AK's so Im not surprised they stuck to a metal lower. Who knows...they my go with polymer later since these are late stage working prototypes?

I give credit where credit is due. These guys are making a good gun. Period. (so far that is lol)

Last edited by mixflip; 01-22-2013 at 00:00..
Old 01-22-2013, 08:25   #18
Reswob

Quote:
What do you expect from RADOM. They have a long history of making AK's so Im not surprised they stuck to a metal lower. Who knows...they my go with polymer later since these are late stage working prototypes?

I give credit where credit is due. These guys are making a good gun. Period. (so far that is lol)
Well, frankly I expected them to keep making AK variants! Not trying to bash RADOM (I'm actually glad they are trying to improve US market presence), but there doesn't seem to be anything new or exciting about this rifle. Unless you desperately crave left-hand ejection, or it comes to market much cheaper than an ACR, I don't see anyone buying this over an ACR. Now if, on the other hand, they started selling more of their AK type rifles in the US, I'd be getting excited.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11   #19
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Sorry, you WANT an unnecessarily heavy metal lower? Polymer is the future.
I do.

Carbines take a lot more abuse than pistols do. This is the reason why the Remington Defense ACR has a metal lower and the Bushmaster ACR has a cheap plastic lower.

There's also the issue of protecting the user when something goes wrong.

Quote:
Unless the Polish knock off is significantly cheaper, I'd rather have an ACR
At least with the MSBS you probably won't see any recall notices, loose barrels, 6 MOA rested groups, etc.

The ACR is a steaming pile. I have no idea why someone would want to own one.

BTW, here's what Travis Haley had to say:

Quote:
Travis Haley: SCAR is far more accurate and reliable. I could certainly do without the reciprocating CH but I can get over that considering I have been very happy with the performance of the SCAR in classes and testing. I have broke every ACR I have ever touched with simple weapons manipulation.

Ed Driver: Travis what broke on the ACR

Travis Haley: short answer: Cant put any pressure on the mag when firing, spring tension issues, true barrel issues, accuracy issues, over insertion of mags, eats Pmags, weird malfunctions, just a lot of no go criteria issues that unfortunately haven't been fixed yet.

David Alayon: So the Remington "milspec" variant is the same?

Travis Haley: yes that was the MIL variant...
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20   #20
mixflip

Quote:
Well, frankly I expected them to keep making AK variants! Not trying to bash RADOM (I'm actually glad they are trying to improve US market presence), but there doesn't seem to be anything new or exciting about this rifle. Unless you desperately crave left-hand ejection, or it comes to market much cheaper than an ACR, I don't see anyone buying this over an ACR. Now if, on the other hand, they started selling more of their AK type rifles in the US, I'd be getting excited.
Well from what I heard from the reps, the MSBS is being developed for the future warrior program and the Polish Army. I dont think they care if they sell a single rifle to you or me or any American. While we are a big market to sell to, I dont think they are designing it specifically to break into the oh so lucrative ACR market?

As much as I dont like the ACR you'd think I hate this gun.

So far...if I were a Polish soldier, I'd be excited to get this gun.